Rd 3 Premiership games - 23rd to 25th September 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: Rd 3 Premiership games - 23rd to 25th September 2022

Post by mightymouse »

I personally think it was marginally forward. However I also think one of Quins tries had a similar pass in the build up .. I think it’s par for the course these days as we follow the Southern Hemisphere, light touch application of that particular fundamental law of the game.
I always think it’s odd that everyone gets over excited about a decision in the last minutes of the match without considering all the crucial decisions throughout the whole game.
For example Saints fans seem to think Dickson had be harsh in the closing stages of our game with them and yet ignored all the favours he’d done them through the first 70 minutes!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Exeter V Quins

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:29 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:24 pm
bendy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:09 pm This got quite a bit of chat in the "Round 3 matches" thread.

I think I can pretty accurately say that the overwhelming consensus on here was: "inconclusive".

For me, it looked forward live, and the replay backed that up, but I'm not Sir, so my opinion don't count.
I agree totally with the inconclusive. For me it was level at worse, but that just proves Bendy’s post.
One thing to say rules and laws weren’t ignored Tempest followed the correct protocols. Just as Quins haven’t complained Exeter couldn’t have should the decision have gone the other way.
I still think it was clear and obvious from the TV coverage that it was forward, but like posters say the Ref didn't. It was unfortunate that the pitch had no clear mowing lines across it. Is it time to copy markings on American Football pitches and have a line across for each 1 metre (but no 3 downs etc) they would surely aid Refs and TMOs with decisions, every one says they want correct decisions made, hence the introduction of TMOs and this would help to remove another contentious decision area?
I do agree about the horizontal mowing, less easy on a plastic pitch. Don’t know that I would want to go down the NFL route.
I also feel it’s that consistency thing again. Was it any better or worse than the Saints 3rd try that had Cole appealing