Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

PRTV season ticket

Post by Offside »

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/p ... Friday+Fix

Just got an email regarding premiership rugby TV season ticket and it also says there is a discount for actual season ticket holders.
It only includes gams not on BT sport. I think I will just pick individual Tigers games not on BT and that I cannot attend in person. The lack of an option including all games so you do not need BT sport as well, even if they split the money with BT does make it less appealing.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: PRTV season ticket

Post by GB72 »

I had the same email and, on the face of it, it seemed a pretty decent deal. Then I saw the bit about BT matches not being on and that will impact on quite a few Tigers matches as we are one of the teams that will be on quite frequently.

A team pass would have been a greate option. I do not want all matches but I would be £30 or so for all Tigers matches, a bit more if the profits from that purchase went direct to the team you bought the pass for.

Still, if you have a season ticket it is only £50 and I think that is a pretty good deal.

I think it needs supporting, firstly as a new revenue stream for clubs but also, as I have mentioned in other threads, as I think that this may well be the League's plan B in expectation of a derisory offer for covering club rugby in the next round of TV talks or at the very least as a bargaining tool if there is only one bidder for the rights.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Does this then also mean that the "per match pass" is not available if the match is on BT Sport?
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Pellsey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:54 pm Does this then also mean that the "per match pass" is not available if the match is on BT Sport?
Looks like it but that was also the case last season. They can only show matches not on BT Sport, which makes sense as BT have paid for the exclusive rights.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

GB72 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:57 pm
Pellsey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:54 pm Does this then also mean that the "per match pass" is not available if the match is on BT Sport?
Looks like it but that was also the case last season. They can only show matches not on BT Sport, which makes sense as BT have paid for the exclusive rights.
Thanks, GB72!

I can't get BTSports so Stan it is then!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Pellsey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:04 pm
Thanks, GB72!

Why are you unable to get BT? You can add it to Sky.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:42 pm

Thanks, GB72!

I think there may be a clue in Pellsey location
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

D'oh
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:20 pm
Old Hob wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:42 pm

Thanks, GB72!

I think there may be a clue in Pellsey location
Exactly! I would pay for BTSports, if they would let me!!!
PJM
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PJM »

I am sure I bought individual games for a fiver last season.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

PJM wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:24 pm I am sure I bought individual games for a fiver last season.
You are correct and the same looks to be applied for next season with additional options.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

So I guess the PRTV Season Ticket at £50 the break even point at £5 per match is 10 away games ?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
bendy

Post by bendy »

sapajo wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:45 am So I guess the PRTV Season Ticket at £50 the break even point at £5 per match is 10 away games ?
I think the idea is more that you'll be able to watch Falcons v Sale, or Sarries v Bath, etc - rather than just Tigers matches.

Of our 12 away fixtures, I'll bet more than 3 will be televised, so I don't think you'll be up on the deal if that's the only way you're thinking about it. It's just giving you the ability to watch more live Prem matches than BT will show.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

bendy wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:47 am
sapajo wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:45 am So I guess the PRTV Season Ticket at £50 the break even point at £5 per match is 10 away games ?
I think the idea is more that you'll be able to watch Falcons v Sale, or Sarries v Bath, etc - rather than just Tigers matches.

Of our 12 away fixtures, I'll bet more than 3 will be televised, so I don't think you'll be up on the deal if that's the only way you're thinking about it. It's just giving you the ability to watch more live Prem matches than BT will show.
Our first 4 away games are on BT Sport
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:50 am
bendy wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:47 am

Our first 4 away games are on BT Sport
24 games in the league.........14 on TV? That is quite a high number........could work out at between £5 (10 non tv games) and
£7 (7 non TV good games)......good value and even better if you are a follower of rugby generally and watch other teams.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk