New skipper

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

New skipper

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: New skipper

Post by tigerburnie »

Very happy with this decision.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Yes, me too. Bit of a no-brainer as they say. Bit surprised he's the 2nd non-English Captain in 50 years, as the Tigers Wikipedia page notes both Murphy and Kronfeld were also: one of those is wrong?!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

markharbtiger wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:38 pm Yes, me too. Bit of a no-brainer as they say. Bit surprised he's the 2nd non-English Captain in 50 years, as the Tigers Wikipedia page notes both Murphy and Kronfeld were also: one of those is wrong?!
Murphy was the official Club Captain.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:38 pm Yes, me too. Bit of a no-brainer as they say. Bit surprised he's the 2nd non-English Captain in 50 years, as the Tigers Wikipedia page notes both Murphy and Kronfeld were also: one of those is wrong?!
Can’t remember Kronfeld ever being appointed for a season. May have had the odd game.
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

Agree wholeheartedly with the appointment. A standout player, in a standout team. Likely to be present throughout the season, just hope SA don't come calling (selfish I know).
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Snowdrop wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:19 pm Agree wholeheartedly with the appointment. A standout player, in a standout team. Likely to be present throughout the season, just hope SA don't come calling (selfish I know).
Might be wrong Snowdrop but I think that ship has sailed unless he moves back to South Africa. The Boks have plenty of depth there.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Snowdrop wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:19 pm Agree wholeheartedly with the appointment. A standout player, in a standout team. Likely to be present throughout the season, just hope SA don't come calling (selfish I know).
England may also be interested in him, he'll be EQP soon...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:23 pm
England may also be interested in him, he'll be EQP soon...
I thought that and was corrected by a few other posters, something to do with the status of the Boks under 20 side when he played for them, I think