4Ed Cycle Ride

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermum
Tiger Cub

4Ed Cycle Ride

Post by tigermum »

Does anyone have the route of the ride and approximate timings? It will probably go very close to us in Warwick so would like to cheer the cyclists as they pass .
Tigerbeat

Re: 4Ed Cycle Ride

Post by Tigerbeat »

4Ed Cycle - Route:
Monday, August 8
Kingsholm Stadium (from 7.30am) to Mattioli Woods Welford Road (between 4-5pm)

Tuesday, August 9
Mattioli Woods Welford Road to Milton Keynes RFC
Milton Keynes RFC to Twickenham Stadium

Wednesday, August 10
Twickenham Stadium to Kingsholm Stadium

The three-day ride is the first of several events to take place throughout the upcoming season in support of the 4Ed Campaign, which are still to be announced.

Supporters who wish to make their own fundraising efforts can do so by donating to the JustGiving page set up in support of Ed and his family, which has raised more than £70,000 to date.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigermum
Tiger Cub

Post by tigermum »

Thanks for this. Was wondering if there was any more detail so people can show their support along the way.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BBC news are covering it,it's on now 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

What I think the the original question may be asking is is there any way of seeing where the riders are so we can follow them during the day or some might like to meet them on route or even cycle with them for a few miles.
I know this has been a quickly organised event so I suspect they have not had time to plan a mapping system to follow like Sir Kev had for his run.
My request would be that If anyone from the club or anyone else for that matter knows where they are throughout the day then please post it here.
Thanks
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Don’t tell the boss but I popped out to see the Gloucester lads on route. Geez it was hot, but it was well worth it, and it was lovely to see Ed looking well, and dealing with everything and everybody in such an open and impressive way. It was also interesting to be reminded how physically big even some of the ‘smaller’ guys are close up.

In my view, they all deserve the highest praise for jumping in at short notice. I suspect few of us have a dozen close mates who’d drop everything like this, but I’d make a special shout out for Fraser Balmain. To put it bluntly tight head props are not built for cycling over a hundred miles a day in that kind of heat, but boy did he hang in there. He probably had to push himself harder than the others. Seriously impressed, should we need a reminder that he is a top bloke too.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Yes I saw them come in on first day and that was the easiest .. they came into the hotel bar later whilst we were having a drink .and looked absolutely shattered..a . seriously gargantuan effort.
I Agree special mention to big lads like Fraser, Big Jim or Ed himself. As a former front row player myself who has also since done some cycling tours and I can attest how difficult it is in normal heat.
The only advice I could give them was the liberal application of chamois cream!
I would urge everyone to get onto the 4Ed just giving page and give him a few quid