Formerly of this parish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by RagingBull »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:21 am https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e3eb ... a483daf1cd

Sanderson is targeting Ford's return for our game vs Sale in December.

Most importantly though, he thanks Tigers for pushing through his surgery in a fast manner even though he was leaving us.
The thing that stood out for me was below it.

Reminded me how little I missed the yearly agent talks about manu
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Totally agree. He will be accidently photographed touring French clubs' training grounds soon.

That said, there was an interesting line about seeing if he is robust enough which suggests to me that if he does not play a significant number of matches this year, Sale may not even put a new contract on the table. When someone is using up that percentage of a salary cap, I guess you need to look at value for money.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

So, turns out Castro wasn't Italian all along! Only his great grandfather was Italian and not his grandfather. So much for the thorough background checks and all that!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:36 pm So, turns out Castro wasn't Italian all along! Only his great grandfather was Italian and not his grandfather. So much for the thorough background checks and all that!
Some one will be calling for us to be docked points for feilding too many foreign players or something now....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:01 pm https://twitter.com/AmpthillRufc/status ... Pd5Vg&s=19

Tom Hardwick signs for Ampthill...
Obviously impressed at Exeter, then? :smt017
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

fentiger wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:05 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:01 pm https://twitter.com/AmpthillRufc/status ... Pd5Vg&s=19

Tom Hardwick signs for Ampthill...
Obviously impressed at Exeter, then? :smt017
Always thought he would make seemed to have the skills just the top 2 inches let him down
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I never saw anything that made me think Hardwick was destined for the top. Ampthill is probably his level.
A2O
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:46 pm I never saw anything that made me think Hardwick was destined for the top. Ampthill is probably his level.
He had the skillset to be a good player, though I thought more as a 12 than a flyhalf at Prem level. His issues seem to be up top though. In such competitive environments if you're not pushing to improve and be the best then you're going to get left behind which is what has happened with Hardwick. Borthwick wasn't impressed with him, he was apparently homesick in France and Baxter at Chiefs didn't rate him either.

If he wants to become a success he needs to knuckle down and ensure that this latest move is a successful one.
Snoopydog68
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Snoopydog68 »

Haven't been on here for quite a while as have been recovering from a major operation. Got out to a match for the first time today at Hartpury College. Pre-season against Ospreys and noticed Sam Lewis who left last summer to join Calvisano in Italy is playing for them this season. He looked in good form. He started most matches whilst he was out in Italy. Be interesting to see what this season back in the UK brings for him.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Snoopydog68 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:22 pm Haven't been on here for quite a while as have been recovering from a major operation. Got out to a match for the first time today at Hartpury College. Pre-season against Ospreys and noticed Sam Lewis who left last summer to join Calvisano in Italy is playing for them this season. He looked in good form. He started most matches whilst he was out in Italy. Be interesting to see what this season back in the UK brings for him.
Has he filled out at all? I seem to recall he was what could be best described as ‘rangy’ when he was here!
Snoopydog68
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Snoopydog68 »

To be fair didn't notice but he was everywhere. Ospreys were the better team but when they came up against Lewis they didn't get very far.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Snoopydog68 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:48 pm To be fair didn't notice but he was everywhere. Ospreys were the better team but when they came up against Lewis they didn't get very far.
Always rated him, he was unlucky that other youngsters usurped him! :smt023
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Nick Malouf captains Australia to their first ever Men's 7s World Series title!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Darc Tiger wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:33 am Nick Malouf captains Australia to their first ever Men's 7s World Series title!
Great talent. Nice to have seen him play.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.