Great forum/message board

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Great forum/message board

Post by Dokie »

LE18 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:18 am There is one thing that annoys me about this forum, its the constant running down of referees, from before ko, during the match and after, its absolutely constant, Mods please take action. :smt013
100% with you, and most often by those who demonstrate by their comments a poor understanding of and empathy with the game.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:25 am Brilliant forum,although I must apologise to the mods and posters for my behaviour at times! Great place to post!
I’m glad you recognise your inadequacies 😂🥴
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:28 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:25 am Brilliant forum,although I must apologise to the mods and posters for my behaviour at times! Great place to post!
I love AWJ ❤ that better? 😉
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:29 pm
I’m going to frame this and I’m also going to refer to it endlessly on here!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat someone has hacked my account! 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:53 am The great thing about this forum is that all posters have a good degree of rugby knowledge, and that there are a few with snippets of inside knowledge which they share.
There seems to a varied age range too, and length of time supporting the club, some new supporters some like myself coming up on our 50th year since my first trip to welford road.
I absolutely agree about the rugby knowledge. The only one that comes close is the Glaws Forum. I just hope that with GF going, and with Freddie Steward taking well earned rest periods and Freddie Burns covering, that Tom Hardwick can do the necessary at fly half. Also with Nemsi leaving Olowafela may get the chance to shine on the wing this season. My main worry is inside centre with Dan Kelly injured, but Matt Toomua is no slouch as a replacement.
As Good As It Gets
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scuttle wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:53 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:53 am The great thing about this forum is that all posters have a good degree of rugby knowledge, and that there are a few with snippets of inside knowledge which they share.
There seems to a varied age range too, and length of time supporting the club, some new supporters some like myself coming up on our 50th year since my first trip to welford road.
I absolutely agree about the rugby knowledge. The only one that comes close is the Glaws Forum. I just hope that with GF going, and with Freddie Steward taking well earned rest periods and Freddie Burns covering, that Tom Hardwick can do the necessary at fly half. Also with Nemsi leaving Olowafela may get the chance to shine on the wing this season. My main worry is inside centre with Dan Kelly injured, but Matt Toomua is no slouch as a replacement.
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

:smt044
Scuttle wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:53 pm
:smt044
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

And let’s not forget some very random attempts at humour 😂😂
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

It’s a weird old thing this board. You can put what you think is the most descriptive and informative comment you’ve ever written and nobody even refers to it ! Or it goes the other way and you get torn apart…slight exaggeration but it’s all down to interpretation, you can read a response as an attack or a joke, depending on how you’re feeling ! All fun and games really !
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

:smt047
jgriffin wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:51 am
markharbtiger wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:08 am Having looked at quite a number of other rugby club's message boards, I am constantly impressed by the dedicated and well informed set of contributors on here, with the great variety of topics about all aspects of Tigers rugby (and beyond), and the (mostly) fair comments made. Of course there are disagreements, and not everyone shares the same opinion, but the moderator (Tigerbeat) is usually quick to act.
So, as we move into another pre-season, we should reflect for a moment on what a great forum/message board this is, keep up the posts, and thank everyone for their contributions. COYT (and fans)
Mate, compared to the great flame wars of the era (2010 - 12?) when BillW was alive it's wonderfully sane. It used to be about 3 posters slagging each other off horribly.
I do miss Bill. We used to argue......no.......we used to debate. I think that was the difference.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:29 pm
I've told you before. The only bloke who knows the full weight of AWJs tackle is Joe Marler.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Big Dai wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:28 am :smt047
jgriffin wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:51 am
markharbtiger wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:08 am Having looked at quite a number of other rugby club's message boards, I am constantly impressed by the dedicated and well informed set of contributors on here, with the great variety of topics about all aspects of Tigers rugby (and beyond), and the (mostly) fair comments made. Of course there are disagreements, and not everyone shares the same opinion, but the moderator (Tigerbeat) is usually quick to act.
So, as we move into another pre-season, we should reflect for a moment on what a great forum/message board this is, keep up the posts, and thank everyone for their contributions. COYT (and fans)
Mate, compared to the great flame wars of the era (2010 - 12?) when BillW was alive it's wonderfully sane. It used to be about 3 posters slagging each other off horribly.
I do miss Bill. We used to argue......no.......we used to debate. I think that was the difference.
This is nothing, come join posting on the Irish sites, there's some razor sharp banter, especially on the Ulster forum.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:44 pm It’s a weird old thing this board. You can put what you think is the most descriptive and informative comment you’ve ever written and nobody even refers to it ! Or it goes the other way and you get torn apart…slight exaggeration but it’s all down to interpretation, you can read a response as an attack or a joke, depending on how you’re feeling ! All fun and games really !
That's about 99% of all human communication to be fair...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Crofty wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:53 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:44 pm It’s a weird old thing this board. You can put what you think is the most descriptive and informative comment you’ve ever written and nobody even refers to it ! Or it goes the other way and you get torn apart…slight exaggeration but it’s all down to interpretation, you can read a response as an attack or a joke, depending on how you’re feeling ! All fun and games really !
That's about 99% of all human communication to be fair...
Social media and text message maybe. Not actual talking to someone face to face.