Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by RagingBull »

Might be a hot take but IMO if Wigglesworth was playing for Saracens today the game might have flipped the other way

What a result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for Freddie
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

TiltonTiger wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:50 pm Wow. So emotional for me. The last game my father and I went to was when we lost to sarries in the final.

What a game. What a team. What a club.
Hopefully not the last with my old man but at 86 who knows. We were dancing around in the living room when Freddie dropped that goal ❤️
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:03 pm Might be a hot take but IMO if Wigglesworth was playing for Saracens today the game might have flipped the other way

So happy for Freddie
Yes ,hold my hands up! Thought it was a bad call 🤦
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:49 pm Good job Reffell got picked ay,even though he's not physical enough 😂😉
He and Montoya played out their skin at the breakdown. Absolute menaces the pair of them. Barnes wasn't giving holding on pens easy either, you had to actually go and turn the ball over, bring it back to your side. They were both superb.

Chessum's impact was huge, looked a bit dead on his feet for the last 10 mins but given the massive shift he put in before that it's understandable.

So many big performances today. In Borthwick we trust.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The stories on here are brilliant! Xx
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:49 pm Good job Reffell got picked ay,even though he's not physical enough 😂😉
They've got to have a new contract tied up for him, surely? The look on his face at the end was a picture and one of pure joy. Would he want to give up the chance of more days like this and play in front of three men and eight sheep in the URC?!
PW73

Post by PW73 »

Don't think I have ever contributed on here before despite my first match at Welford Road being 1970 Baabaas game (!) and was a member (Crumbie terrace) for 28 years (until Covid struck!!) but thanks for all the wonderful comments on here keeping me up to date, especially all the games not on BT Sport. Some great comments on the wonderful victory today. New dawn for Tigers - roll on next season - back to the Crumbie for me!!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Chuffed for Burns.
Harshly treated by many for his brain farts when he was with us previously. Perhaps a result of trying too hard to make something out of nothing in a poor Tigers side at a time when many were deluded that we were the great side of old.
Today, and many other times this season, when he has played fly half he has conjured a little magic and didn’t shy away from the drop goal. (Imagine If Flood was playing!)

The whole side put in a shift deserving of being champions today and all season.
The other Freddy showed why he is England’s full back.
Hanro immense and Jasper’s controlled power showed when it mattered.

The last couple of games our scrum has been neutralised by the refs, yet we coped and still came out as worthy winners.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

How do you top this?! Double next year? 😉
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:03 pm Might be a hot take but IMO if Wigglesworth was playing for Saracens today the game might have flipped the other way

So happy for Freddie
I agree, it was always possible today that Davies, given the rest of their side, was going to be a weaker link and for me that showed.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

PW73 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:17 pm Don't think I have ever contributed on here before despite my first match at Welford Road being 1970 Baabaas game (!) and was a member (Crumbie terrace) for 28 years (until Covid struck!!) but thanks for all the wonderful comments on here keeping me up to date, especially all the games not on BT Sport. Some great comments on the wonderful victory today. New dawn for Tigers - roll on next season - back to the Crumbie for me!!
See you on the Crumbie next season 👍
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:30 pm How do you top this?! Double next year? 😉
That will be what SB is planning for already (I’d say tomorrow but I think he’d have started already) but why stop at the double …… what about the treble ?
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I loved this game and if it were not for medical reasons would have been there with many bells on. Don't forget we were without two of our most influential players in mvs and Kelly and sarries have a number past their best although fair dues, Billy V played very well. Hopefully we can get sir kev to sign far beyond the next world Cup after a few shandies 🤞🏆🤞🍻
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Terrific. Delighted that Ellis and George can leave as champions, absolutely delighted for Freddie. Enormous credit to all the players, coaches and back room staff who make this the greatest club in English rugby.Long may it continue. Choking back tears seeing Tom on the pitch and lifting the trophy. What an emotional couple of weeks.
I'm not cynical just experienced
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Unbelievable. Made up. The hurt of Montpellier last time we were here is well and truly healed!! A thought for Kelly and Dolly; both made huge contributions and would have (arguably) been in that 23. A true squad effort. Off to Toddington Services!!