Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:12 pm Get in!!!!!!!!!!! Huge huge cajones from Burns at the end there.

Someone give Borthwick, Walters and Sinfield freedom of the city, all of them heros today.

Massive massive defence won us that game.

Had to leave the TV and engage with the birthday party I was at, at full time so missed the trophy presentation, looking forward to watching back later and watching Tom Youngs and the team with the trophy...

So glad Ford, OTY and Genge get to sign off with silverware!!!
Did Genge get that cut during the match or the celebrations
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:49 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:45 pm The fairy tale got the right ending, if there's one thing I've learned this season its never doubt a Steve Borthwick Tigers team!
Can write his own cheque with the RFU now if he wants it.
Wigglesworth to step up ??
I hope Borthwick chooses to stay. He could create a great body of work at Tigers and still get more chances with England in the future. International coaches don't normally last multiple world cup cycles. Steve looked to have a tear in his eye at the final whistle today.

If he does go, his replacement was sat next to him in Kevin Sinfield. Legendary captain in his playing days and has revolutionised our defence. Wigglesworth work on the coaching side only likely to increase over the next couple of years.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:22 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:45 pm The fairy tale got the right ending, if there's one thing I've learned this season its never doubt a Steve Borthwick Tigers team!
I hope Borthwick chooses to stay. He could create a great body of work at Tigers and still get more chances with England in the future. International coaches don't normally last multiple world cup cycles. Steve looked to have a tear in his eye at the final whistle today.

If he does go, his replacement was sat next to him in Kevin Sinfield. Legendary captain in his playing days and has revolutionised our defence. Wigglesworth work on the coaching side only likely to increase over the next couple of years.
Borths will most likely take Kevin and Aled if he goes,but let's not spoil today and think about that now! Borths and Co. can build a new Tigers era lettttssss ggggoooo
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:22 pm

WW , Gopperth and Cole all part of the future coaching set up IMO
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

The celebrations lasted a long time before the coaching set up worrying started
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Montoya’s turnovers were devastating as ever. Chessum had a couple of good rumbles. Reffell fully justified his selection with some outstanding jackalling. Wigglesworth’s box kicks were spot on, every single one landing 5m outside their 22. Freddie B showed his absolute class, with a clever kick to gain field position before nailing the drop goal. Potter’s work-rate on the kick chase was exemplary. Steward’s high ball work is on another level and his break for the first try shows just how good he can be.

We played sooo well today and the players, coaches, and club completely deserve this victory!
Last edited by No6_Flanker on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:11 pmHow lovely that TW was presented with the trophy, and how appropriate this was.

:smt017
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerReggie wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:34 pm The celebrations lasted a long time before the coaching set up worrying started
Just making a point no sense in worrying. IMHO at 41 he will feel he is still too young. I’m hoping they all stay.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

TigerReggie wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:34 pm The celebrations lasted a long time before the coaching set up worrying started
Not surprising really given what we all know what miracles they’ve achieved and Eddie is on his bike in just over 12 months 🧐
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

No6_Flanker wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:36 pm Montoya’s turnovers were devastating as ever. Chessum had a couple of good rumbles. Reffell fully justified his selection with some outstanding jackalling. Wigglesworth’s box kicks were spot on, every single one landing 5m outside their 22. Freddie B showed his absolute class, with a clever kick to gain field position before nailing the drop goal. Potter’s work-rate on the kick chase was exemplary. Steward’s high ball work is on another level and his break for the first try shows just how good he can be.

We played sooo well today and the players, coaches, and club completely deserve this victory!
Completely agree. Salute to all the fans too. Sounded like an amazing atmosphere. Could only hear tigers fans ony telly. Top effort to all. COYT xx
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Good job Reffell got picked ay,even though he's not physical enough 😂😉
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Wow. So emotional for me. The last game my father and I went to was when we lost to sarries in the final.

What a game. What a team. What a club.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TiltonTiger wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:50 pm Wow. So emotional for me. The last game my father and I went to was when we lost to sarries in the final.

What a game. What a team. What a club.
❤❤👍
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I haven't heard from Posh Richard........yet.

Dad is as happy........as a newt.

Special day for us.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:49 pm Good job Reffell got picked ay,even though he's not physical enough 😂😉
True dat ….. I wanted Martin to start , that’s probably why I’m not the DOR and SB is. Absolutely bossed the breakdown which was fundamental to the win.