Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

chappie wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:19 pm In today’s Mercury Tim Stimpson has a great idea, I love his thinking.
he said it on Radio Leicester's rugby show, he was on for the whole episode
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

chappie wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:19 pm In today’s Mercury Tim Stimpson has a great idea, I love his thinking.
It’s very easy to think like that as a media pundit with nothing riding on it. Less easy for a head coach picking a side to win a major final.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Not sure if it's been discussed already but looks like Farrell got away with a punch to the face vs Quins on top of the potential other red card they should have had.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... n=exchange
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
bendy

Post by bendy »

Too much information there mate. Slow down and let us digest it!

Re Nadolo - it's a cliché, but he's such an x-factor player. He worries defenders, he can drift into the centres, even if he doesn't have the ball, he's got two blokes watching what he does and not watching the actual ball-carrier. For me he's been one of our players of the season*. He has to start.

(*granted, that list is made up of about 21 players, but still...)
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:07 pm Not sure if it's been discussed already but looks like Farrell got away with a punch to the face vs Quins on top of the potential other red card they should have had.

And the linesman was looking directly at it when it happened as well, for me Pearce never got on top of the antics of both teams and the niggle just grew and grew as the game went on, hopefully the final is a no nonsense approach from the ref.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:07 pm Not sure if it's been discussed already but looks like Farrell got away with a punch to the face vs Quins on top of the potential other red card they should have had.

Yes,it was posted. Not a surprise at all with Sarries though mate
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:18 pm

Could have been a costly match had they ended up with 2 red cards.. but yes, looks like they got away with a few things there
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:22 pm

Could have been a costly match had they ended up with 2 red cards.. but yes, looks like they got away with a few things there
Been the same all season mate,there was a game right at the end of the season where they got away with 3 yellows in the same game that have been given many other times for similar offences. It was the game where Billy V intentionally knocked on and stopped an outside break and only got a penalty against him,opponents escape me,absolute joke!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:25 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:22 pm

Been the same all season mate,there was a game right at the end of the season where they got away with 3 yellows in the same game that have been given many other times for similar offences. It was the game where Billy V intentionally knocked on and stopped an outside break and only got a penalty against him,opponents escape me,absolute joke!
Ford spiral bomb to Farrell, Wiese and Genge the chasers.. simple! :smt023
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Just to make it clear, I have not turned on Nadolo, I have loved him but I just used my eyes, he looked as though he could hardly walk let alone run, I still believe his involvement last week was only just a fraction over 4 mins, and the passes were made in or about 10 metres although it might have been 22.
I will look at my recording tomorrow and apologise if I am wrong.

We will need a fully fit back line who can cover tackle all over the pitch as Sarries have seriously quick wingers and Farrell can also bomb kick

We need Potter, Porter, Moroni/Scott, Ashton and Steward, all guys who can get across pitch a bit quick. I would have Scott on the bench, with JVP and Burns, can't start with 2 fly halves.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Postiger2 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:21 pm
Louis wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:51 pm I'm simultaneously more scared and less scared about the final.

More scared because I think Sarries are better opposition than Saints, less scared because if Tigers don't win, at least they don't don't win to Saints!
I'm probably in a small minority here but would much rather lose to Saints, I despise Sarries that much. I know that's odd!
I completely agree. Saints is at least a proper rugby club with a relatively proper stadium. At least they have grass!

With Saints we have rivalry with respect. I personally have very little respect for Sorries. It makes the whole thing worse with the media egging them on too, as well as what they get away with (red cards, Farrel shoulders etc).
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

"I'm probably in a small minority here but would much rather lose to Saints, I despise Sarries that much. I know that's odd!"
Not odd at all! Same here, detest them mate!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

LE18 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:50 pm Just to make it clear, I have not turned on Nadolo, I have loved him but I just used my eyes, he looked as though he could hardly walk let alone run, I still believe his involvement last week was only just a fraction over 4 mins, and the passes were made in or about 10 metres although it might have been 22.
I will look at my recording tomorrow and apologise if I am wrong.

We will need a fully fit back line who can cover tackle all over the pitch as Sarries have seriously quick wingers and Farrell can also bomb kick

We need Potter, Porter, Moroni/Scott, Ashton and Steward, all guys who can get across pitch a bit quick. I would have Scott on the bench, with JVP and Burns, can't start with 2 fly halves.
This :smt023
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

We can start with 2 FH,absolutely! Burns at FB and Steward to the wing is a credible option to counter Sarries kicking game
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

This game worries me for a few reasons:
We've been top of the league all season so I really don't want to fall now.
We haven't been playing our best recently but other teams have deffinitely picked up over the course of the season and/or playing better as the weather gets better and we've still been beating good sides.
Playing at Twickenham always bothers me as I always (rightly or wrongly) assume we'll be caught out due to the extra width of the pitch.
We lost to Sarries at their place and it was VERY close at WR.

But......the one thing I think we have in the bag, apart from being the best team over the course of the season, is that Borthwicks previous team selections doesn't really give them anything. We've played so many different teams that anyone can slot in whenever picked. I though his selections against Sarries during the season were a bit strange, and I privately questioned his motives, but like a few others I now think he may have been playing a long game. IBWT!

I'm gutted I can't go, but as I've been to about 5 finals (euro and prem) and never seen Tigers win at Twickenham* You'll all be pleased that I'm not going to be there!!

COYT

*I did see them beat Munster in Cardiff!