Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

wow now it looks like he's leaving people have turned against Nadolo
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:05 pm wow now it looks like he's leaving people have turned against Nadolo
Yes, but are they turning as fast as he does?!

To be serious, though, not sure they’re turning against him - just that some feel that what he offers is best used sparingly and is not the solution to every challenge
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

All please be aware just like any major stadium, theatre or concert event bags bigger than A4 will not be permitted and you will have to drop it at a bag drop in the North carpark

if this happens and there is a big queue you could miss kick off

If you need a medical exemption contact Twickenham SOONEST

I don't want to be turning Tiger fans away on Saturday

Stadium entry

Check your ticket to locate the correct gates and turnstiles before trying to gain entry.

Twickenham Stadium asks that supporters to avoid bringing bags wherever possible. If you do need to bring a bag, this should be no bigger than A4. Bringing a bigger bag may result in you being denied entry without refund or compensation.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:56 pm Imagine thinking Nadolo is just a crash ball merchant, I give up!
The problem is that's how we have tended to use him...never really got the man running inside for the offload...Unfortunately Taufua was just the team mate to play off him...going further back Croft would have been picking up even more trys.

That said if he is going to play he has to start.

Worse case let's hope we are beaten not lose the game.
Last edited by Wayne Richardson Fan Club on Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:35 pm
Old Hob wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:31 pm He seems to have become a real Marmite player!
Have no idea why!
He became a marmite player when rumours of him leaving surfaced, before then he was a destructive player who could occasionally be skinned on the outside yet was still a fan favourite.

It also coincided with a spell out the team, rumour was ut was Borthwick's naughty step, but given he has since been used sparingly since I suspect he's been carrying a knock (which is likely why he may not seem 100% fit). While most players playing at this time of year may have a knock, the type of player he is means it affects his performance more.

Plus timing wise we also had Ashton come in and perform for us really well.

Basically, he doesn't deserve our dislike as he's been great for us and a true cornerstone of why we have been able to turn around under Borthwick, and we can't begrudge him heading back "home" down under, but I think subconsciously some pick fault more in those leaving
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Louis wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:51 pm I'm simultaneously more scared and less scared about the final.

More scared because I think Sarries are better opposition than Saints, less scared because if Tigers don't win, at least they don't don't win to Saints!
I'm probably in a small minority here but would much rather lose to Saints, I despise Sarries that much. I know that's odd!
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Right……Got my ticket to display the bar code on my iPhone so nearly there for my 1st Twickenham match. Couple of questions from an old dinosaur. Am I right in thinking entry to the stadium is by bar code via the app only,?I’d rather have a piece of paper in my hand !! For anyone without an iPhone or whose phone dies on the day (god forbid) how do you gain entry to the stadium?
Best of luck to all those travelling, have a safe journey, here’s hoping for a great day and the right result.
The Cat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

"He became a marmite player when rumours of him leaving surfaced, before then he was a destructive player who could occasionally be skinned on the outside yet was still a fan favourite."
That's about the size of it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/SamLStandsUp/status ... zNbaQ&s=19

Sam's done a nice thread on how to get at Sarries.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:05 pm wow now it looks like he's leaving people have turned against Nadolo
I don’t think people are turning against him, more being honest about his recent form and apparent fitness.
This thread is about the best team to take on Sarries. On his recent showings I think we have better options, so do others, some posters disagree and would have him starting, some on the bench, I guess we will find out in just over 17 hours time.

For me one thing obvious is that for a number of reasons, he has not been being as effective as he was earlier in the season
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

He's a one in two try scorer this season in the league only averaging 58 minutes a game, 10/20 and he's started 16 of those games. That'll do me! Not to mention decoy lines,assists,tieing defenders in and offloading,keeping defenders keen so others are free in space,list goes on
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

start him on the wing and every set piece send him down Farrell's channel
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:59 pm start him on the wing and every set piece send him down Farrell's channel
The Sarries lads were a bit loose in some of their tackles last weekend, Nadolo might just be what is needed to properly test them.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

wigworth wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:14 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:59 pm start him on the wing and every set piece send him down Farrell's channel
The Sarries lads were a bit loose in some of their tackles last weekend, Nadolo might just be what is needed to properly test them.
Ellis, Jasper and Nemzy stampeding over Fazlet ...
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

In today’s Mercury Tim Stimpson has a great idea, I love his thinking.
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.