England Squad for down under

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: England Squad for down under

Post by Scott1 »

Barbarians: 15 Max Spring (France, Racing 92), 14 Damien Penaud (France, Clermont), 13 Virimi Vakatawa (France, Racing 92), 12 Tani Vili (France, Clermont), 11 Davit Niniashvili (Georgia, Lyon), 10 Antoine Hastoy (France, Pau), 9 Batiste Couilloud (France, Lyon), 8 Charles Ollivon (France, Toulon, c), 7 Levani Botia (Fiji, La Rochelle), 6 Dylan Cretin (France, Lyon), 5 Will Skelton (Australia, La Rochelle), 4 George Kruis (England, Saitama Wild Knights), 3 Trevor Nyakane (South Africa, Racing 92), 2 Pierre Bourgarit (France, La Rochelle), 1 Jean-Baptiste Gros (France, Toulon)
Replacements: 16 Danny Priso (France, La Rochelle), 17 Christopher Tolofua (France, Toulon), 18 Sipili Falatea (France, Clermont), 19 Thomas Lavault (La Rochelle), 20 Yoan Tanga (France, Racing 92), 21 Nolann Le Garrec (Racing 92), 22 Louis Carbonel (France, Toulon), 23 Sekou Macalou (France, Stade Français), 24 Thomas Laclayat (Oyonnax)
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Will this be Kruis' last game then?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Will any of the Saints or Quins play Sunday?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:58 am Will any of the Saints or Quins play Sunday?
Have they joined up with the squad already? If not I can't imagine that they will play.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:34 am
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:58 am Will any of the Saints or Quins play Sunday?
Have they joined up with the squad already? If not I can't imagine that they will play.
Not sure Wigworth, don't believe so. In that case you're right
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:23 am
Also who would he want a look at out of those players? Personally I would rather see some of the younger players already training with the squad than the known players.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:26 am

Also who would he want a look at out of those players? Personally I would rather see some of the younger players already training with the squad than the known players.
Yes,it's a throw around anyway and you would want your front line players fit for Oz. Do we go straight into the Oz game or is their a warm up first do you know?
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:29 am

Yes,it's a throw around anyway and you would want your front line players fit for Oz. Do we go straight into the Oz game or is their a warm up first do you know?
The first game in Oz is the 2nd of July so I think after the Babas it is straight into the series.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:34 am
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:29 am

The first game in Oz is the 2nd of July so I think after the Babas it is straight into the series.
Thanks 👍
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

The headline was Care called into England squad for Barbarians game, so I’m assuming they have all been called up and we may see a number of them selected
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:59 am
The headline was Care called into England squad for Barbarians game, so I’m assuming they have all been called up and we may see a number of them selected

Oh I missed that, do you think he might be cover as an experienced scrum half for Youngs if he doesn't go to Oz?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

The Baabaas twitter account even posted their disappointment that his call up for England prevented his Barbarians debut...(saw one person comment that that would be very EJ to call up a guy just to stop him playing against England, rather than any intention of actually playing him)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:03 am

Oh I missed that, do you think he might be cover as an experienced scrum half for Youngs if he doesn't go to Oz?
He could do especially with Quirkes injury, who knows with Jones. Very little to be gained from taking Lenny to Australia, but he could feel Randall, Mitchell and maybe JVP, can do the job for 3 tests.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:39 am
wigworth wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:03 am

He could do especially with Quirkes injury, who knows with Jones. Very little to be gained from taking Lenny to Australia, but he could feel Randall, Mitchell and maybe JVP, can do the job for 3 tests.
Yeah I still feel that if he is going to play Dombrandt and Smith as his 8 and 10 going forward to the world cup then it does make good sense to play Care at 9. Although I would like to see the three you mentioned play a lot more minutes rather than just come on for 20 mins as a sub. Or maybe Jones' cold heart has thawed and is giving Care this England send off, who knows.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes,I read the piece as saying Care is going to Oz if Ben Youngs decides not too. If Ben doesn't there's no way they go with 3 inexperienced SH.