Re: Semi final v Saints - 11th June 2022 KO 4-30pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

Is it me or does Montoya seem just off the pace
nicmattyg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nicmattyg »

We’ve looked very average so far, seems like we’ve carried on from the wasps game leaking line breaks everywhere.

Attacking wise nothing to worry saints. We’ll need to go up at least 2 gears if we’re winning this.
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Our lineout and attack been getting worse as season goes on. Kelly wasn't ready obviously. Porter lucky. Not convinced we'll survive being down to 14.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tigers playing with the wind second half.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The only positive I can take is we’ve been second best but we’re level. Is the wind that strong ? Commentary is right, Saints have starved us of possession by competing hard at the line out and the scrum….and they’ve target Ford as a weak link in defence.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerReggie wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:33 pm Our lineout and attack been getting worse as season goes on. Kelly wasn't ready obviously. Porter lucky. Not convinced we'll survive being down to 14.
Definitely agree with the first line,in fact performance wise we’ve been going backwards and have just been eking out wins. When were we last convincing? Bristol and Clermont? 🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
nicmattyg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nicmattyg »

TigerReggie wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:33 pm Our lineout and attack been getting worse as season goes on. Kelly wasn't ready obviously. Porter lucky. Not convinced we'll survive being down to 14.
Agreed, we’ll see how much dog and fight we’ve got in us in this next 15/20 mins. Ford looked very poor, I’d consider taking him off and try burns at 10
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Well my feeling of unease hasn’t gone away on that first 40

No lack of effort but too many silly penalties conceded relieving pressure when we are in possession and too many silly penalties out of possession handing saints territory and field position.

Positives are few but Wiese has been immense and when Painter is told to stand up and push straight we’ve got them on toast. Unfortunately he’s being allowed to do what he wants at times and getting away with a fair bit.

We need to step it up 2nd half and survive the next 10 with a man down and build territory and field position without gifting daft penalties
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

A lot of grunt so far but little sign of a cutting edge. Fortunate not to have conceded a try or 2.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:33 pm Tigers playing with the wind second half.
I think this is why we played conservatively in the first half.

Saints also have the sun in their eyes in the 2nd half.

We also have a better bench.

Nothing to concern Sorries though if we win this with this performance.
Last edited by Pellsey on Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Saints could have been 14 points clear if it wasn’t for Courtney Spills’em.. we were pretty average for large parts there and have gone in level with the wind advantage second half. Need to weather the yellow card period, play territory game with Ford and Burns both on and try and get back on top at the scrum. Carley not had the best half but got big calls right for me. COYT
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Seems the defensive weakness of Ford has been seen and that is where Saints are targeting. I think Porter is also defensively as he can fly up and not get the player. Yellow was unfortunate and very difficult for him to avoid other than be a bit lower and I think he gets a card today regardless as the Saints player is so low.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:34 pm
Definitely agree with the first line,in fact performance wise we’ve been going backwards and have just been eking out wins. When were we last convincing? Bristol and Clermont? 🤔
I kind of agree with this. I think our form had not been good since then. But we have won with dog and I think this is such a game where we will need this.
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Our attack just completely static. No lines. No decoys. Nothing. Saints switching all over the place. Running all sorts of stuff. Worrying watching from up high in the stand.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Offside wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:37 pm Seems the defensive weakness of Ford has been seen and that is where Saints are targeting. I think Porter is also defensively as he can fly up and not get the player. Yellow was unfortunate and very difficult for him to avoid other than be a bit lower and I think he gets a card today regardless as the Saints player is so low.
Porter was upright though and that’s what they want to cut out. Should have been going lower for my money
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!