LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by RagingBull »

Could have
6, Martin
7. Cracknell
8. Hanro

Bench: Ilione
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:06 pm Could have
6, Martin
7. Cracknell
8. Hanro

Cracknell whilst mainly a 6 did play a fair bit of openside for Ospreys. Liebenberg has covered 7 too for us in the past. Still a cracking backrow that.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

6, Martin
7. Cracknell
8. Hanro

Noice!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

6, Martin
7. Cracknell
8. Hanro

Jansen will be well in the mix too next year, plus Agbongbon has come on well too, he's another it'll be interesting to see where he is after a preseason.

Crazy to think that's the depth we could have with Chessum, Wiese, Van Staden AND Reffell all out!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I'm hoping with all the talk of changes in the Welsh set up they get rid of that illegal selection rule, or at the very least make a deal with Prem Rugby to have the same access as England do to players
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:25 pm I'm hoping with all the talk of changes in the Welsh set up they get rid of that illegal selection rule, or at the very least make a deal with Prem Rugby to have the same access as England do to players
We are well stocked in the back row so not too concerned.
A2O
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ay2oh wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:28 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:25 pm I'm hoping with all the talk of changes in the Welsh set up they get rid of that illegal selection rule, or at the very least make a deal with Prem Rugby to have the same access as England do to players
yes but I'd still rather keep Tommy than not
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:36 pm
ay2oh wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:28 pm
yes but I'd still rather keep Tommy than not
I think everybody would as long as it’s a sensible deal
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Front of The Rugby Times has Reffell picked for the Wales Summer tour to a South Africa. Well deserved but another huge loss for us when the Autumn Internationals and 6 Nations are on. Yes, we have cover, but as yet not as exceptional as Tommy!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Didn’t realise that you’re an employment lawyer.
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

It’s no different to the England selection rules you have to play for an English club or you don’t get picked by England
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:42 pm Front of The Rugby Times has Reffell picked for the Wales Summer tour to a South Africa. Well deserved but another huge loss for us when the Autumn Internationals and 6 Nations are on. Yes, we have cover, but as yet not as exceptional as Tommy!
Certainly be a big blow if MVS is away with the Boks. He may of course not get capped on the summer tour or picked for the welsh autumn internationals
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

MrG2 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:07 pm
It’s no different to the England selection rules you have to play for an English club or you don’t get picked by England
yes and I am against that too, at the very least playing within the UK should mean you can be selected, its professional sport the players should be allowed to play where they like and play for their country, the only criteria should be is he/she the best option
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:22 pm
MrG2 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:07 pm
yes and I am against that too, at the very least playing within the UK should mean you can be selected, its professional sport the players should be allowed to play where they like and play for their country, the only criteria should be is he/she the best option
There's rest periods and extra training weeks with the national squad due to funding agreements with the club's/regions within those countries. No Union is likely to provide funding to a club/region not in their nation to get that extra release time. The Unions of both countries allow get outs for selection of players not playing in their nation but they are rarely used because they aren't generally required.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

It’s a dumb rule purely because the west regions are underfunded in their back room, and for a small country why limit your pool.