LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by ay2oh »

Suspect we may have seen the last of Ladygaga, Browning, and Socino. Hope we keep Muri and Saumaki though.
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:53 am Suspect we may have seen the last of Ladygaga, Browning, and Socino. Hope we keep Muri and Saumaki though.
+1
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:53 am Suspect we may have seen the last of Ladygaga, Browning, and Socino. Hope we keep Muri and Saumaki though.
Honest question what has Murimurivalu done recently that people feel he is such an asset to keep. I understand the potential flair and ability to cover a number of positions, but other than the odd spark I find his performances underwhelming
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:04 am
Honest question what has Murimurivalu done recently that people feel he is such an asset to keep. I understand the potential flair and ability to cover a number of positions, but other than the odd spark I find his performances underwhelming
In my opinion if he isn’t too expensive his versatility and his ability to produce moments of quality finishing make him worth keeping. However I trust Steve’s opinion more than my own.
A2O
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I tend to agree, however I temper that opinion against lack of game time for him to hit the straps?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:12 am
I tend to agree, however I temper that opinion against lack of game time for him to hit the straps?
Very fair point I suppose the issue is with him being a squad player where is that game time coming from.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

For me he's looked better at Fullback and Wing.
His last two performances for us have been at 13, which along with flanker are positions which he covers rather than plays if that makes sense.

With Kelly & Taute injured and not wanting to waste Porter doing his Head contact course reduction. He was essentially the only real option we had at 13.

The key attributes he brings that make me want to keep him are:
1. Versatility
2. Some of his attacking lines are amazing for his power
3. Ability over the ball, him and Kelly are comfortably our best jacklers in our backs, and some of the turnovers and penalties he's won like this have been huge.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

When Steward is away would sooner see Muri at full back rather than Burns or Hegarty.
A2O
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:22 am When Steward is away would sooner see Muri at full back rather than Burns or Hegarty.
Doesn’t seem to fit the kicking game SB wants to play from the back. I agree Muri is a great player - but same as Leatigaga and Socino, have hardly played many games in the actual first XV. Would make me think they’re all probably going end of the season. Probably have to incoming LH props then.
DMATiger

Post by DMATiger »

Unfortunately after the premiership cup and loans I think in the summer we could easily see Browning, Simmons, Olowofela, Aspland-Robinson, Leatigaga, Taute, Socino all leave.
Shows that with Genge going we really need a top level loose head to add to the squad (if only Marler rumour was true).
But some promising youngsters, i.e. Koroiyadi, Ilione, Jansen, Edwards.
Would love to see Championship sides come into the competition to test the young players at a more reasonable level
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

As well as a first team squad and players for the A team/Premier Cup should those competitions be played next season we require some experienced players to provide opposition in training and to be in the team bringing on the youngsters at lower levels. That scenario may not fit in with the ambitions of some who may just prefer regular game time elsewhere to becoming professional trainers with the occasional run out as an emergency filler in.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Well we have another loosehead incoming so will be interesting to see the outgoing.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:47 am Well we have another loosehead incoming so will be interesting to see the outgoing.
This the Cronin link or have you heard another rumour RB?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:22 am When Steward is away would sooner see Muri at full back rather than Burns or Hegarty.
Disagree the other 2 every time, and with our strongest side out Porter on the bench. Only my opinion of course.
I would also add that if he were to be replaced by Cocanasinga, he had a really useful little cameo
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

DMATiger wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:59 am Unfortunately after the premiership cup and loans I think in the summer we could easily see Browning, Simmons, Olowofela, Aspland-Robinson, Leatigaga, Taute, Socino all leave.
Not sure about Socino. The others I think may have had their time. Browning has struggled to have any impact bar almost decapitating Cinti last night (and almost taking an Irish player's head off in the last pool game). Maybe that's just a lack of decent ball to him. He sounds like he'd performed well for Nottingham, but we haven't seen it for Tigers.

Lancaster is the other interesting one, and how and where he plays next season.