PRC Semi final vs London Irish (A) - 26th April 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: PRC Semi final vs London Irish (A) - 26th April 2022

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:11 pm Saumaki got some natural talent ball in hand.
I switched off at HT.. have we actually had the ball in hand then? Guess that's something :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:10 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:08 pm I mean people suggesting this loss might play a part in derailing are season need to settle down a bit IMO.
It’s the 2 losses on the bounce that make me smile, let’s have some context
Played by two different entities basically.
When is this group of players ever going to play together?

I think that's what some people are missing.
They are two different squads some might play in the prem games but as a group this is it
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Yessss !! We’re on the board !
Last edited by westwinds31 on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Nice try at least
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Try Tigers!!! :smt026

Fight back starts here! :smt040
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

That was better.
Irish bring some youngsters on and all of a sudden it’s looks a little more even
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

We'll I guess that confirms Edwards is better than JVP :smt003
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Crofty beat me to it more to come. Qote from the past Keep The Faith
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Truth is there are a lot of first teamers missing from Irish so yes, if, like many of us ,we’ve played, rugby and other sports, of course this is embarrassing! It’s then how the club reacts in the next game.
It’s not doom mongering, it’s being realistic so that by the end of the next game, Tigers as a club, has pride back.

Just got to hope it acts as a reason to put out our strongest team v Bristol.
I keep harking back to Quins remarkable run to becoming Champions last season: they hardly rested anyone in the last 6 games.
Ford if suffering from a nightly injury shouldn’t play: if he’s not injured then he badly needs the Bristol game with as near full strength team to play with.
But Steve Borthwick knows best and these next few games we will see just how good he is. I’m sure he will get it right.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Big Dai wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:10 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:08 pm I mean people suggesting this loss might play a part in derailing are season need to settle down a bit IMO.
Ditto
Just had a read through and I can't find many if any posters saying the wheels have come off and that this will derail our season? I think everyone (including me) accepts that there is a huge mismatch here today and our much changed team pushed the almost full strength Quins team all the way last weekend and were close to notching up the win so it is all relative. The point I made and I have seen others make is if we were to lose to Bristol and Leinster then heads will undoubtedly drop so we need to focus on beating Bristol at WR at the weekend.. I certainly can't find anyone saying it's all doom and gloom :smt017
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Lancaster looked good for England U20's but he's been way off the pace tonight, has he played much champ recently?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Considering he played a hard 50 on Saturday Jansen has really kept at it
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Ian Cant wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:18 pm Truth is there are a lot of first teamers missing from Irish so yes, if, like many of us ,we’ve played, rugby and other sports, of course this is embarrassing! It’s then how the club reacts in the next game.
It’s not doom mongering, it’s being realistic so that by the end of the next game, Tigers as a club, has pride back.

I keep harking back to Quins remarkable run to becoming Champions last season: they hardly rested anyone in the last 6 games.
Ford if suffering from a nightly injury shouldn’t play: if he’s not injured then he badly needs the Bristol game with as near full strength team to play with.
But Steve Borthwick knows best and these next few games we will see just how good he is. I’m sure he will get it right.
Same Quins team that didn't play in the champions cup knock out stages also.
Yes they hardly rested anyone but they just focused on the premiership.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:19 pm Considering he played a hard 50 on Saturday Jansen has really kept at it
Might sound like an insult to some but in the carry he reminds me of a young Jordan Crane
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:18 pm Truth is there are a lot of first teamers missing from Irish so yes, if, like many of us ,we’ve played, rugby and other sports, of course this is embarrassing! It’s then how the club reacts in the next game.

We have no best team starters they had a number including Rona and Tuisea, no comparison between the 2. Why wouldn’t we put a strong team out v Bristol