Fixtures Remaining (plus potential others)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Fixtures Remaining (plus potential others)

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

23rd April Quins Away Premiership
26th April L.Irish Away PRC
30th April Bristol Home Premiership
6th/7th May Leinster Home Champions Cup
(13/14/15 May Semi-final Home Champions Cup)
(17/18 May Final PRC)
21st May Falcons Away Premiership
(28th May Final Marseille Champions Cup)
4th June Wasps Home
11/12 June Semi-final TBC Premiership
(18th June Final Twickenham Premiership)

Exactly 2 months till the Premiership final and in those remaining 8 weeks we have between 7 and 11 games remaining. Ok we shouldn't be losing players to internationals etc, but that's a lot of big games between now and then. We really do have the squad depth though to do well in these, but need to keep momentum and not burn out players, now is the time in the season that I think having Aled will make the biggest difference.
Last edited by TigerFeetSteve on Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Fixtures Remaining (plus potential others)

Post by Tiglon »

SB has been very clever not to work anyone into the ground this season, so we're as well prepared as we could be.

It amazes me that people were saying before last weekend that no one should be rested when there is that potential fixture list still to come.

The PRC games are really just for the players who are not in contention for anything approaching regular first team action, but it's still one game every week for the next 11 weeks in a row if we want to be in finals.
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:59 am 23rd April Quins Away Premiership
6th May Leinster Home Champions Cup
(17/18 May Final PRC)
4th June Wasps Home

Exactly 2 months till the Premiership final and in those remaining 8 weeks we have between 7 and 11 games remaining. Ok we shouldn't be losing players to internationals etc, but that's a lot of big games between now and then. We really do have the squad depth though to do well in these, but need to keep momentum and not burn out players, now is the time in the season that I think having Aled will make the biggest difference.
Oooh hang on a minute- Friday 6th May Tigers v Leinster??? Have you heard something mate??
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hope it is the Friday night game 🤞
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Raimond wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:17 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:59 am 23rd April Quins Away Premiership
(17/18 May Final PRC)
4th June Wasps Home

Oooh hang on a minute- Friday 6th May Tigers v Leinster??? Have you heard something mate??
No was a mistake, meant to say 6th/7th
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:31 pm
Raimond wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:17 pm
(17/18 May Final PRC)
4th June Wasps Home

No was a mistake, meant to say 6th/7th
Ah. Thought we had an exclusive.

I'd be fine with the Friday night personally but seeing as Sunday's ruled out because of City, I think they'll want it to be their big TV match so I'd guess at Saturday 5.30pm or 8pm....