21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: 21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Post by sapajo »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:23 am So worst case scenarios for back row and centre.

Back row assuming we will be without Martin and MVS for rest of season and Chessum for 3 weeks that leaves us Hanro at 6, Reffell at 7 and Jasper at 8 with Robinson or Jansen on the bench. If Chessum not banned or less than 3 weeks then position improves. Playing Quins with Hanro, Refell and Jasper starting is more than good enough.

Options at centre assuming Dan Kelly and Jaco Taute out for rest of season Moroni, Scott, Socino, Porter (in 2 weeks time), Kini (OC only), Lancaster. Of those I would say Scott, Socino and Lancaster are the options at 12 with Moroni, Porter, Scott and Kini covering 13. Lots of good options there and as RB said in an earlier post a Scott and Moroni combination is a class act. I would be tempted to start with them v Quins.
Well for me we would have to be scraping the barrel to play Lancaster at 10 let alone 12.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:23 am So worst case scenarios for back row and centre.

Back row assuming we will be without Martin and MVS for rest of season and Chessum for 3 weeks that leaves us Hanro at 6, Reffell at 7 and Jasper at 8 with Robinson or Jansen on the bench. If Chessum not banned or less than 3 weeks then position improves. Playing Quins with Hanro, Refell and Jasper starting is more than good enough.

Options at centre assuming Dan Kelly and Jaco Taute out for rest of season Moroni, Scott, Socino, Porter (in 2 weeks time), Kini (OC only), Lancaster. Of those I would say Scott, Socino and Lancaster are the options at 12 with Moroni, Porter, Scott and Kini covering 13. Lots of good options there and as RB said in an earlier post a Scott and Moroni combination is a class act. I would be tempted to start with them v Quins.
Nadolo has also got a fair bit of experience playing 12. Think him and Moroni could do well playing there
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:02 am
RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:01 am Jansen could do a job at prem 6 imo
I do agree Ilione needs to be tried too
Both could do with some exposure in the remaining league games, Jansen to see what level he is at, he might be worth a longer term contract. Ilione might just take to it like a duck to water.

Martin is a worry as he has had a long term knee injury already.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:22 pm

Nadolo has also got a fair bit of experience playing 12. Think him and Moroni could do well playing there
Not played there for quite a few years, would worry me defensively, as good as he is going forward with great hands, it’s a bit like turning an oil tanker
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Be interesting to see what we do if Kelly is long term. 13 is OK with Moroni,Porter and Muri but 12 worries me. We have to be careful with Scott as there's a significant drop off to Socino (no disrespect intended). Might just be better to go full pelt and wrap that home semi up ASAP then we can rotate the IC position more. Then again Kelly could be minor and only out a couple of weeks. 🤞
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:52 pm Be interesting to see what we do if Kelly is long term. 13 is OK with Moroni,Porter and Muri but 12 worries me. We have to be careful with Scott as there's a significant drop off to Socino (no disrespect intended). Might just be better to go full pelt and wrap that home semi up ASAP then we can rotate the IC position more. Then again Kelly could be minor and only out a couple of weeks. 🤞
Gopperth and Pollard give us way more options and depth at 12
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:01 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:52 pm Be interesting to see what we do if Kelly is long term. 13 is OK with Moroni,Porter and Muri but 12 worries me. We have to be careful with Scott as there's a significant drop off to Socino (no disrespect intended). Might just be better to go full pelt and wrap that home semi up ASAP then we can rotate the IC position more. Then again Kelly could be minor and only out a couple of weeks. 🤞
Gopperth and Pollard give us way more options and depth at 12
Yes definitely, just on about this season for now mate. 12 worries me potentially
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MelChannerFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MelChannerFan »

How about Hegerty for IC?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

MelChannerFan wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:31 am How about Hegerty for IC?
Not sure he's ever played that before has he according to stats he's only ever started at fly half, fullback or wing?

Currently as I see it we have the following Inside Centre options fit and ready to play atm:

Scott
Socino
Nadolo (not played there in a long while)
Lancaster

Plus Porter who could be available to play there after one more game if we needed.

I suspect that we'll see Scott start there in the majority of fixtures till Kelly is back fit, with Socino being the other person rotated in, certainly expect it to be Socino in the cup. Porter may play there with Moroni at 13 if needed, but he's not played 12 since our season opener vs Glaws last season (still more recently than Nemani) so I think we should be ok.
terraceite
Tiger Cub

Post by terraceite »

What about Ford - Burns 10 -12 or vice versa?
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

terraceite wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:51 am What about Ford - Burns 10 -12 or vice versa?
Do you think that combination is strong enough defensively? Both slow down attackers rather than drive them back. Both together could be a salon door. Scott or Porter next to either of them at 10 will be more solid. Our defence has been key to our current position.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Scott is the obvious one and I suspect we'll see him playing 80 minutes in the big games until Kelly is back.

I'd guess Porter and/or Moroni will be spending some time at 12 in training if Kelly is out for more than a couple of weeks. After that, it's Socino.

I just don't think you could get away with having Nadolo, Burns or Hegarty there from a defensive point of view.
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Is there any info on the severity of the Kelly injury?

Are we to assume 2-3 matches for Chessum’s ill thought thru tackle?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Goshengareth wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:36 pm Is there any info on the severity of the Kelly injury?

on Kelly they will have a wait a few days for the inflammation to go down before they can scan it
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:39 pm
Goshengareth wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:36 pm Is there any info on the severity of the Kelly injury?

on Kelly they will have a wait a few days for the inflammation to go down before they can scan it
Thanks Jimmy, didn’t looked great no one near him as though snipered