Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Leinster

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:35 pm
TigerMac3 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:34 pm Not sure if I’m being stupid, or it’s not yet confirmed, but do we have a date for the QF?
Weekend of the 6/7/8 May
Yep, just booked my ticket as STH, the booking form / email says 8th (likely just a date on form) but actual match date/time to be confirmed.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Just being in this situation is great isn’t it, up against one of the best in Europe. Let’s get stuck into them and see what happens !
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:15 pm Just being in this situation is great isn’t it, up against one of the best in Europe. Let’s get stuck into them and see what happens !
I genuinely believe if we beat Leinster we will win it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

The coaching teams tactics have been spot on so far. Team selection and game plan seem to be in harmony for each game. My only worry is that the suspensions and injuries are mounting up as are the frequency of the games. So the ideal choice for a particular game and plan may not be available. I am sure every player will give their all but the last few percent performance may be lacking without the right players. We do not have a first team for every game but select the best team for the specific one.
However, if you had told me last year and certainly two years ago we would be in this position I would have asked what you were drinking! Now I think we have all had plenty in celebration COYT :smt045
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:17 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:15 pm Just being in this situation is great isn’t it, up against one of the best in Europe. Let’s get stuck into them and see what happens !
I think if we have near enough a full team and Ford regains his pre-England form, then we really have a fighting chance. And I agree, Scott, if we were to beat Leinster, we really should be able to win the cup!
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

There won’t be a spare seat in the house you’d think. Leinster will come over in force; be some atmosphere!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Leinster are a quality team and well-coached. So are we. A home game is also going to help us.

The way SB and the coaching team prepare, they will get our players to where they need to be and have a plan to beat Leinster. The way we defended against Clermont gives me confidence. TBH my main concern is having lost Dan Kelly to injury...but in contrast to previous years we do now have depth in most positions, so that loss is not quite so critical.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Yes Leinster are up against one of the best teams in Europe and I bet they are nervous about coming to fortress Welford Road .

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

[/quote]

I agree, Scott, if we were to beat Leinster, we really should be able to win the cup!
[/quote]

If we beat Leinster, we more than likely face Toulouse! Definitely the easy half of the draw.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Ah well we will not have to suffer the regular Irish Refereeing team of Andrew Brace with Cross & Quinn + TMO Joy Neville v Leinster, this was the same "outfit!" scheduled for the cancelled Tigers v Bordeaux game and regularly appear as a squad, unlike other games where the Official's are shuffled. If I recall we had trouble with Joy Neville on an earlier game when she was directing the Referee from the TMO position. I always thought they were there for serious incidents not guidance on decisions.
I really think that Chessum's incident was harsh as the player was dropping and the TMO was by all accounts insistent on red.
Let us hope for some sense at the hearing. :smt006
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

:smt044 Where's all this negativity come from? We've just beaten Clermont comfortably home and away. Leinster are a very, very good side, but they only just got a win away to Connacht and we will be at home.

I expect Leinster will be favourites, but it's 100% winnable for Tigers.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:29 pm :smt044 Where's all this negativity come from? We've just beaten Clermont comfortably home and away. Leinster are a very, very good side, but they only just got a win away to Connacht and we will be at home.

I agree with this they only just won at Connacht, ok so did we with a much changed side. It is up to the MWWR crowd to make it as hostile, in the nicest way, as possible
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:31 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:29 pm :smt044 Where's all this negativity come from? We've just beaten Clermont comfortably home and away. Leinster are a very, very good side, but they only just got a win away to Connacht and we will be at home.

I agree with this they only just won at Connacht, ok so did we with a much changed side. It is up to the MWWR crowd to make it as hostile, in the nicest way, as possible
Yep, big noisy crowd, and the usual approach from the players... we will have a chance.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

It doesn't really work like this I know but if you compare the 2 rounds of fixtures between Us/Leinster and Connacht its:

Tigers 29 Connacht 23
Connacht 28 Tigers 29

Connacht 21 Leinster 26
Leinster 56 Connacht 20

The Leinster home match is the standout one for me and yes Connacht heads likely dropped in the second round fixture slightly skewing the scoreline but I think the Leinster away fixture looks to be similar to our own match so perhaps the home advantage might just be the decisive factor for us. Tight one to call and 2 incredibly good sides going H2H at MWWR will be fantastic. I reckon we can sneak the win if we are playing at the level we have shown we are capable of this season... just pray we get a decent set of officials so there's no excuses
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
animalnitrate
Tiger Cub

Post by animalnitrate »

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves but if we beat Leinster I know the draw gives us home advantage in the SF.

But is that at WR or is it just home country advantage in the SF like it used to be?