Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Post by Noggs »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:15 am Definitely need a thread for song lyrics on here!
We have had attempts many times in the past and all to no avail. To have any chance it has to be very simple; 4 lines at most.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Noggs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:37 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:15 am Definitely need a thread for song lyrics on here!
We have had attempts many times in the past and all to no avail. To have any chance it has to be very simple; 4 lines at most.
We'd need everyone who is active on here to go in something approaching unison and it would need sustainment over several matches but, well, with the right attitude it could be done...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Crofty wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:07 pm
Noggs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:37 am
We'd need everyone who is active on here to go in something approaching unison and it would need sustainment over several matches but, well, with the right attitude it could be done...
Get it put into the matchday program. Fans will try it and it will catch on eventually
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Surely it should just be Tiger Feet by Mud.....works for foot stomping the Crumbie.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:41 pm Surely it should just be Tiger Feet by Mud.....works for foot stomping the Crumbie.
Perhaps a bit too high tempo to sing while "tired and emotional" towards the end of a match?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

non possumus capere
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I was there and the 4 line “Take me home Welford Road, it’s a place we belong, Leicester Tigers, right beside me, take me home Welford ” version was ringing around the stadium after the game ..it was mentioned by Nick Mullens on BT and even Clermont fans joined in ! After the game the players were singing with us it was just incredible to hear !
It worked once at a famous victory so no reason it shouldn’t work again! Why reinvent the wheel!
Keep it simple
“It’s a place we belong”
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

KiwiTig wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:31 pm I was there and the 4 line “Take me home Welford Road, it’s a place we belong, Leicester Tigers, right beside me, take me home Welford ” version was ringing around the stadium after the game ..it was mentioned by Nick Mullens on BT and even Clermont fans joined in ! After the game the players were singing with us it was just incredible to hear !
It worked once at a famous victory so no reason it shouldn’t work again! Why reinvent the wheel!
Keep it simple
“It’s a place we belong”
Good that nice and simple but good lyrics. Was sang by Olivia Neutron Bomb, amongst others I believe
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

It was indeed 👍
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wasn't it a theme also that quite a few players were country music fans?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:55 pm Wasn't it a theme also that quite a few players were country music fans?
Certainly Freddie Burns is
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

KiwiTig wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:31 pm I was there and the 4 line “Take me home Welford Road, it’s a place we belong, Leicester Tigers, right beside me, take me home Welford ” version was ringing around the stadium after the game ..it was mentioned by Nick Mullens on BT and even Clermont fans joined in ! After the game the players were singing with us it was just incredible to hear !
Keep it simple
“It’s a place we belong”
This works well and would remain timless
No, not that one!

non possumus capere
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Post by shanghaitiger »

Crofty wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:05 pm
Keep it simple
“It’s a place we belong”
This works well and would remain timless
Could we maybe all agree a time in the match that we could start trying to sing this on Saturday? Maybe then if there was enough of us doing it the rest of the crowd would join in? I was also very impressed by the group singing at Worcester away earlier in the season from one of the ends: "Borthwick you're the one..." and "Nic Dolly, Dolly, Dolly, Dolly" spring to mind.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Great idea
The group at Worcester were brilliant and it was all Welford Road staff apparently
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:35 pm
Keep it simple
“It’s a place we belong”
Good that nice and simple but good lyrics. Was sang by Olivia Neutron Bomb, amongst others I believe
I'm 80 next week, my wife and I were of the era and were semi John Denver fans, we loved it on Sunday I'm absolutely convinced that it will catch on.
Regarding Pithhead, John the Griff says he didn't know Pithhead was musical, he's obviously never seen him after he's had a bevvie or 2, :smt005
TA30
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TA30 »

Just wanted to add that singing this during and after the Clermont game really did add to what was already a special afternoon on Sunday.

I hope this does become an adopted anthem at home, but have no doubt that the travelling contingent will continue to sing it at away days after Sunday's success, where it perhaps also has more meaning?

Quick question for those also in Clermont who may know, did the idea come about before or after the Clermont brass band briefly played the tune? Either way it was genius and my wife who is a reluctant fan loved it and is defo more a Tigers fan as a result!