Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Fixtures 25th to 27th March 2022

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:12 pm
Offside wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:38 pm Scott if you are still watching the Bulls Dragon’s game compare the forward pass by Bristol disallowing their try with the worse on for Dragons for their second try. I think Bristol were unlucky not because it wasn’t forward but because so many are alllowed.
Bristol were unlucky that the AR managed to keep pace and was exactly in line.
I’m sure it would’ve been checked anyway
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:52 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:52 pm Butchered that! Didn’t need to wait to float anywhere near as long as he did. Shame
Looked like the Sarries player dived on the try scorers back to me too
He did and stuck his elbow, at speed, into the Briss players back when the try was inevitable - absolutely unnecessary. Nothing from ref/AR/TMO….. much worse than Muri’s yellow card (against sardines ironically). Needs to be stamped out - thought Muri’s was a bit reckless but the smarties player was a blatant hit on a try scorer and personally think these late cheap hits , which outside of the in goal area would be penalised as late, need to be stamped out. Not sure what happens regarding a penalty when there is a disallowed try due to a forward pass but that was a clear penalty and a yellow card (if Muri’s was) and I’m guessing Briss would have got the ball back.
As you say Scott - it’s the inconsistency. Sir had a poor game all round and the TMO was not much better.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:49 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:52 pm Butchered that! Didn’t need to wait to float anywhere near as long as he did. Shame
He did and stuck his elbow, at speed, into the Briss players back when the try was inevitable - absolutely unnecessary. Nothing from ref/AR/TMO….. much worse than Muri’s yellow card (against sarries ironically). Needs to be stamped out - thought Muri’s was a bit reckless but the sarries player was a blatant hit on a try scorer and personally think these late cheap hits , which outside of the in goal area would be penalised as late, need to be stamped out. Not sure what happens regarding a penalty when there is a disallowed try due to a forward pass but that was a clear penalty and a yellow card (if Muri’s was) and I’m guessing Briss would have got the ball back.
As you say Scott - it’s the inconsistency. Sir had a poor game all round and the TMO was not much better.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

He did and stuck his elbow, at speed, into the Briss players back when the try was inevitable - absolutely unnecessary. Nothing from ref/AR/TMO….. much worse than Muri’s yellow card (against sardines ironically). Needs to be stamped out - thought Muri’s was a bit reckless but the smarties player was a blatant hit on a try scorer and personally think these late cheap hits , which outside of the in goal area would be penalised as late, need to be stamped out. Not sure what happens regarding a penalty when there is a disallowed try due to a forward pass but that was a clear penalty and a yellow card (if Muri’s was) and I’m guessing Briss would have got the ball back.
Glad someone else spotted it 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:53 pm

Glad someone else spotted it 👍
Grinds my gears - if Muri getting a yellow was the start of refs penalising this, I was quite “happy” (!!!!) but doesn’t seem that way. Just cheap shots and unnecessary and absolutely representative of the lack of consistency displayed by the Premiership refereeing teams (which also grinds my gears)
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Certain teams seem to get away with things others don't. 3 yellow card offences for me today,Billy V slapping the ball down,Farrells shoulder tackle and the dive on the try scorer. None of them given! What a surprise!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Must admit I didn’t see the incident as I turned away in disgust at the forward pass. It’s an interesting call because at the time of the incident it there was foul play the game was still live. IMO the try would have been chalked off and a penalty given to Bristol 5 metres out, if the foul play had been spotted. Happy to be corrected
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Tottenham's ground, wow, where did Sarries get all those supporters from?
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

LE18 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:53 pm Tottenham's ground, wow, where did Sarries get all those supporters from?
Nigel Wray paid them to be there :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

LE18 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:53 pm Tottenham's ground, wow, where did Sarries get all those supporters from?
I cannot find any official attendance figures on Sarries or media coverage. There seemed to be space around the crowd with most having 2 seats and the top tier core Wes empty but they did a good job at making it look full and producing an atmosphere. No top league club football and off the back of 6N so the ideal opportunity to attract new fans.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Highlights of Bath v Sale game. Faff missed a relatively easy penalty to win last kick of the game. He seemed to be kicking even though Rob du Prez was still on the pitch. Missing Mcginty not sure how long he’s out for
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Just seen the Farrell “tackle”.Shoulder on shoulder….no arms….penalty…correct decision. And the player was falling having been tackled.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:47 pm Just seen the Farrell “tackle”.Shoulder on shoulder….no arms….penalty…correct decision. And the player was falling having been tackled.
Mentioned in today’s commentary that Farrell has been slaughtered on social media
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:47 pm Just seen the Farrell “tackle”.Shoulder on shoulder….no arms….penalty…correct decision. And the player was falling having been tackled.
Yellow for me,dangerous and any higher could’ve been a red. Form for it too
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:55 pm
Mentioned in today’s commentary that Farrell has been slaughtered on social media
He’s the only player who has an alleged bad tackle technique….haha…others who do the same are called “committed” or “competitive”, but when you’ve got a dad in the game and you’re driven like Farrell is and don’t trust or give much away in the media, people don’t like it. Then there’s the Saracens thing.