LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by wigworth »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:58 am
Dokie wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:57 am
jgriffin wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:24 am
He'd better be on his best behaviour. Baxter doesn't tolerate prima donna's. TTTE was made to toe Baxters line.
Who’s he?
You do follow Tigers? Waldrom.
To be fair it has been 8 years since he played for Tigers.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by Postiger2 »

fortysix wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:44 am Personally, feel Ashton is a great signing, miles better than KBW, JO, HS el al..

Agreed. Quality player. Even at 34. Says a lot that he's in the first XV for tomorrow imho. I think / hope he stays longer.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I still reckon we will see 1 or 2 props coming back.

Still a few question marks on some other players
Moroni
Leatigaga
Reffell
Prob the 3 biggest question marks.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:20 am
RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:01 am Get the feeling that Irish playing a wing out of position instead of Cokanasiga suggests to me that he is off.

So does sound like
O.Cracknell
J.Gopperth
P.Cokanasiga
Are done deals.
Assuming the likes of Nadolo and Ashton stay - and MVS comes back from concussion, I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see any more incoming.
2 of those 3 could be fairly large assumptions
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:05 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:40 pm
AViewFromLe2 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:10 pm

I really find Cashton jibe a bit daft considering he's going to be on a pretty cheap deal for us. Not only that, he has slotted into the club and the squad well and has played well in the small opportunities afforded to him. Not sure what jabbing at our own players achieves tbh, let's get behind them.

As for Jonah, i'd have him back in a heartbeat. A rare ray of sunshine in an otherwise dark period for us. Can cover 15 & wing, and as others have said - he has genuine gas. We have quick wingers, but i think Jonah would bring an extra level of pace, and I don't think would be on a lot of money. Certainly a better option than Kobus, and probably Kini too tbh.
Totally agree but unfortunately certain posters just can’t help themselves
Having a personal opinion is not allowed now then?
If others views don't match your own, then they shouldn't be posted?
If you hold the above views then I would suggest never going online, watching a TV or reading a newspaper & probably not leave the house.
Ahh the classic, "i've been called out for my terrible opinion co I'll call everyone a snowflake" tactic. No-one is saying you can't have a personal opinion, but when you needless slag off OUR OWN PLAYER then guess what, you're going to get called out for it. Try getting behind the team and the squad, it's what being a supporter is about.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:16 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:40 pm

Totally agree but unfortunately certain posters just can’t help themselves
If you hold the above views then I would suggest never going online, watching a TV or reading a newspaper & probably not leave the house.
Ahh the classic, "i've been called out for my terrible opinion co I'll call everyone a snowflake" tactic. No-one is saying you can't have a personal opinion, but when you needless slag off OUR OWN PLAYER then guess what, you're going to get called out for it. Try getting behind the team and the squad, it's what being a supporter is about.
I have been a supporter for over 30 years, as for Ashton, I haven't liked him since he left Wigan. Being a supporter isn't showing blind loyalty to the club & team, thats being part of a cult. I genuinely believe some people would overlook Jackson & Falau's past if we signed them because they are good players.
You can be a supporter (& a madly passionate one at that) & be critical, the two aren't mutually exclusive.
Maybe it's time for another section of the Forum purely for those who think everything & everyone at Tigers is perfect, where any form of criticism leads to removal.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:49 pm

I have been a supporter for over 30 years, as for Ashton, I haven't liked him since he left Wigan. Being a supporter isn't showing blind loyalty to the club & team, thats being part of a cult. I genuinely believe some people would overlook Jackson & Falau's past if we signed them because they are good players.
You can be a supporter (& a madly passionate one at that) & be critical, the two aren't mutually exclusive.
Maybe it's time for another section of the Forum purely for those who think everything & everyone at Tigers is perfect, where any form of criticism leads to removal.
Toys and pram come to mind. I have been a supporter for 45 years plus and would kick up one almighty stink if either of those 2, especially Jackson were signed. What I won’t ever do is criticise a signing because of a couple of previous misdemeanours. Do you slight Tuilagi or Johnson at every possible opportunity pretty sure you don’t.
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Still struggling to understand why people hate Ashton as much as they do.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Stating how long you've been a fan for is so irrelevant, it's meaningless. Especially if you're the sort of fan that needlessly slags off our own players. Hardly that much of a supporter if you're willing to do that.

You're right being a supporter is not about blind loyalty, but quite clearly this is not about that. Neither is this about me or anyone else thinking everything Tigers do is perfect. In addition comparing Ashton to Folau and Jackson is ridiculous. Both are vile with behaviour that is deeply unacceptable - Tigers trying to sign either of them would see me handing my ST in. Ashton however is a player who's crime seems to be playing for Saints and Sarries.

This is about you needlessly slagging your own player off with a silly and childish jibe, calling him Cashton, when he has shown a really good attitude since joining on a low salary. You then being called out on it, and then you having a tantrum over it. It's ironic that you call for people to have a separate forum to use, when it is you that has had the biggest hissy fit of the lot.

Now Ashton is a fine player that has played well for us since joining, and appears to be well-liked with the squad. That is much more important to me, than rumours and gossip from other clubs. As a result, he would be well-worth signing on for next season, especially if as appears likely Nemani could be off, we will need an experienced, high-quality wing option, Ashton would fit that bill. If we can try and get Joe Cockanasiga a year early, then that would soften the blow if Nemani did leave.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

TigerReggie wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:01 pm Still struggling to understand why people hate Ashton as much as they do.
For the same reason some people lost their minds over Wiggy joining - he once played for Sarries, and people cannot cope with that concept.

Ashton does have a past, yet it astounds me that people who haven't ever met Ashton, seem to know more about him than Borthwick who has played and coached him for many years previously. The criticism for one of our players who has settled in well since joining, is well over the top.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

We all have our own opinions but you are one of the most toxic people on this forum
A2O
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Plan B for England is an English coach, either in waiting or in the shadows as it were, in case Eddie leaps before the WC in 2023. they do say in the article that Borthwick is contracted at Tigers to June 2023 - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... oach-will/

Can we get him to resign a longer contract early?
JeffBadland
Tiger Cub

Post by JeffBadland »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:17 pm
TigerReggie wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:01 pm Still struggling to understand why people hate Ashton as much as they do.
For the same reason some people lost their minds over Wiggy joining - he once played for Sarries, and people cannot cope with that concept.

Ashton does have a past, yet it astounds me that people who haven't ever met Ashton, seem to know more about him than Borthwick who has played and coached him for many years previously. The criticism for one of our players who has settled in well since joining, is well over the top.
I've been a Tigers fan for over 100 years, and I support this statement.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Fissler linking us to Anthony Watson and Melani Nanai

Also Kini seems like he wants to stay
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:02 am Fissler linking us to Anthony Watson and Melani Nanai

Also Kini seems like he wants to stay
That's as much him doubling down on the Nadolo leaving rumour as any basis in fact
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.