Newcastle (A) Friday night -18th March 2022 - PRC

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Newcastle (A) Friday night -18th March 2022 - PRC

Post by Dangerous4 »

Disappointed, but not gutted. Perhaps there were too many youngsters out there, but a good learning curve.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:59 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:34 am It's all about performance in this competition.
Not seen the game yet, did it look like Taute had properly done himself again & was it pitch enhanced?
Sounds like the youngsters made an impression, does Jansen look worthy of a contract in the context of overall squad depth going forward?
It was his ankle I think and no I don’t think it was the pitch. The rueful smile at the end said it all really. Ref Jansen physical presence put in some big shots. Not sure what his preferred position is. Agbongbon looked good again appeared to be everywhere and just has that something about him
Losing Taute cost us the match as the defence was in shreds for about 20 mins. Agbongbon and Vanes look the real deal to me. Cox reffed well.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:30 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:34 am It's all about performance in this competition.
Not seen the game yet, did it look like Taute had properly done himself again & was it pitch enhanced?
Sounds like the youngsters made an impression, does Jansen look worthy of a contract in the context of overall squad depth going forward?
It was his ankle I think and no I don’t think it was the pitch. The rueful smile at the end said it all really. Ref Jansen physical presence put in some big shots. Not sure what his preferred position is. Agbongbon looked good again appeared to be everywhere and just has that something about him
Losing Taute cost us the match as the defence was in shreds for about 20 mins. Agbongbon and Vanes look the real deal to me. Cox reffed well.
From what I saw I would agree he was leading the line up at real pace and tackling beyond the game line. Agree about Vanes but sort of expected he will be very good looks to have bulked up a little too.
No doubt Cox will become a top level ref, unsure if a lady has reffed a mens international yet, but if Dickson can she certainly can.
Would like to know what the players think about having a lady ref. Shouldn’t make any difference but back in the mists of time watching Claire Hodnett in junior rugby, the players were more subdued in their interactions
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I thought Agbongbon was American?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I thought it was a hamstring tbh, he kicked crossfield then immediately limped as if he'd pulled something, may be wrong though
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

JP14 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:02 pm I thought Agbongbon was American?
He is who has said he isn’t
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:19 pm
I thought it was a hamstring tbh, he kicked crossfield then immediately limped as if he'd pulled something, may be wrong though
Let’s go with leg 😂
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:32 pm
He spoke with a London accent in the interview.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

JP14 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:10 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:32 pm
He spoke with a London accent in the interview.
Oh ok didn’t see that. On his profile has him born in New Jersey but has represented London and south east RFU and Chelmsford, studying at Loughborough. Possibly born there and moved over early
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

First things first, round of applause for Sara Cox, really good ref, she should be on the Prem list going forward.

Vanes looks good and will certainly be in our 4 hookers next season I imagine, Hurd scrummaged well on the tighthead before tiring good outing for him.

Agbonbon looks to be another quality 6 and I liked the look of Jansen.

Law was ok but I was more impressed with Edwards, Lancaster was solid if unspectacular. The starting centre pair looked good but once Taute went off with his hamstring injury Socino and Cusick looked like they had never met.

Not Saumaki's bets game but a spectacular try. I thought Kobus worked hard and looked ok but not worth what I assume to be high wages, unfortunate yellow card but right call given the laws. Kini is an international 15 and it showed, he should really be first choice back up to Freddie and I hope to see him there going forward
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Honestly didn't think Murimurivalu looked that much better at 15 than Hegarty tbh.

Would like to see him at Wing more often though.