LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

happywomble

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by happywomble »

Sadly, Reds and Tahs are interested in signing Nadolo, who has been sounding out possible options. Let's hope it's for the season after next
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-unio ... 5a4lu.html
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by loretta »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:42 am With it being PRC week wonder if we will get any news this week on transfers etc
I generally find a reason to wonder this every week! Sadly, for us who crave news, I'm beginning to think we'll hear little until June, as I'm getting the feeling that SB doesn't want the distraction for the current squad. Which, if true, I can understand.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Who is Fissler anyway ? I know esportif but not Fissler …is he the journo who penned the article ?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

KiwiTig wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:07 am Who is Fissler anyway ? I know esportif but not Fissler …is he the journo who penned the article ?
He is a journo who speculates on transfers every week in the Rugby paper and is right about 20% of the time.
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

loretta wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:05 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:42 am With it being PRC week wonder if we will get any news this week on transfers etc
I generally find a reason to wonder this every week! Sadly, for us who crave news, I'm beginning to think we'll hear little until June, as I'm getting the feeling that SB doesn't want the distraction for the current squad. Which, if true, I can understand.
I do agree with you, my feelings are that players will want to get personal stuff in order with moving families etc. which will be made harder by it all being secret. But as you say SB will decide
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

[olist=] https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbE1xthj ... hare_sheet[/olist]

If he goes will be gutted!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

baz1664 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:39 am [olist=] https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbE1xthj ... hare_sheet[/olist]

A few on here would be calling for a red card on the first one 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

loretta wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:05 am
We may hear another batch soon. The Academy has graduated now so we may well have all the new development squad signatures in so I wouldn't be too surprised if some don't start filtering through. Plus Gopperth, despite Blackett saying he's joining us has not yet been announced, so it may be another popcorn day comes soon.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

The more I see a rejuvenated Freddie Burns play, the more I think keeping him at MWWR would be v good business. SB apparently likes players with the flexibility to cover multiple positions, but we seem to have a number who can cover 10 (and 15 for that matter) unless there are departures we don't know about.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I personally think Freddie is an out and out 10. Yes he can cover at 15, but he never really seems happy out of the driving seat. Obviously the 2 incomings we know about both can play 10 or 12 though it would take something to shift Dan Kelly out of that 12 shirt at the moment
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:39 am I personally think Freddie is an out and out 10. Yes he can cover at 15, but he never really seems happy out of the driving seat. Obviously the 2 incomings we know about both can play 10 or 12 though it would take something to shift Dan Kelly out of that 12 shirt at the moment
Yes but Kelly could well be spending a lot of time with England next season, certainly he deserves to if his form continues and he keeps improving/learning.
Soggypitch
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-unio ... WLfzNQX-Rs

“It will come down to a few factors ... but we are certainly in the conversation with him.”
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:50 am
baz1664 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:39 am [olist=] https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbE1xthj ... hare_sheet[/olist]

A few on here would be calling for a red card on the first one 😂
No separation between arm & body so should be fine...would probably get a red though...
Was that BOC he put on his backside first?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

I do think we need someone else in the squad who can play 15. Hegarty is not a bad second choice behind Steward, but he has been playing a lot of rugby as of late. It would be good to be able to occasionally rest him next season.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LekkerTigers wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:11 pm I do think we need someone else in the squad who can play 15. Hegarty is not a bad second choice behind Steward, but he has been playing a lot of rugby as of late. It would be good to be able to occasionally rest him next season.
I think had Kini been fit he would have likely rotated with Hegarty a bit more.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.