Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:24 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:18 pm Shaun Edwards would be my choice. I think he's ready for the top job and has been incredibly effective wherever he's been.

He would also bring vital inside information having been part of the Welsh and French set-ups.
No way Edwards is leaving France until after the World Cup, and I must admit I would have concerns over his mercenary nature. Doesn’t seem bothered who he works for as long as the package is right
its called professional sport, England have never offered him a job so what's he supposed to do?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Jones loves his finishers.
Daly comes on misses 3 tackles and England are finished!

Why take off Genge when he is on a mission to demolish Ireland’s scrum and make a point over his omission from the Lions side? If injured or obviously exhausted fair enough.

I wonder if being England coach is the dream job for an Aussie?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:53 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:24 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:18 pm Shaun Edwards would be my choice. I think he's ready for the top job and has been incredibly effective wherever he's been.

He would also bring vital inside information having been part of the Welsh and French set-ups.
No way Edwards is leaving France until after the World Cup, and I must admit I would have concerns over his mercenary nature. Doesn’t seem bothered who he works for as long as the package is right
its called professional sport, England have never offered him a job so what's he supposed to do?
Not a criticism more an observation, you earn your money where you can
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Oh a message for Sir who has rescued us from Ewels in the row in Paris, Merci!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

also once the RFU inevitably come calling for SB Mr Edwards would be a good choice for Tigers IMO
Reggie
Tiger Cub

Post by Reggie »

mol2 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:21 pm Scrum dominant before that. Genge in demolition mode.

Ewels anonymous on the pitch and barely missed after red.
Anonymous for the first minute and twenty seconds of the game? ! :smt017
LongsladeTiger

Post by LongsladeTiger »

Unfortunately it is too late to replace Teflon coated Sir Eddie for WC, he should have gone 3 years ago. A lack of succession planning by RFU who ,quite frankly ,couldn't manage their way of a paper bag . So buckle in and hope for a quarter final place.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

LongsladeTiger wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:31 pm Unfortunately it is too late to replace Teflon coated Sir Eddie for WC, he should have gone 3 years ago. A lack of succession planning by RFU who ,quite frankly ,couldn't manage their way of a paper bag . So buckle in and hope for a quarter final place.
Sadly I concur.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Just back from a day out in London (not at the game) and watched a recording of the match knowing the result…… conclusions for me are that Randall is not international class (game management and kicking very poor and unfortunately his stature is a weakness), Genge Itoje and Lawes are world class and had great games , Ewels shouldn’t have been on the pitch EJ you reap what you sow , Freddie’s lack of pace may get found out against the best in the world, Daly …… never again in an England shirt - my 86 year old Dad who never played rugby (but is a black belt at judo) could defend better than him. EJ out , hands off SB …. Rassie incoming ?????
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LongsladeTiger wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:31 pm Unfortunately it is too late to replace Teflon coated Sir Eddie for WC, he should have gone 3 years ago. A lack of succession planning by RFU who ,quite frankly ,couldn't manage their way of a paper bag . So buckle in and hope for a quarter final place.
Totally agree
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:06 am Just back from a day out in London (not at the game) and watched a recording of the match knowing the result…… conclusions for me are that Randall is not international class (game management and kicking very poor and unfortunately his stature is a weakness), Genge Itoje and Lawes are world class and had great games , Ewels shouldn’t have been on the pitch EJ you reap what you sow , Freddie’s lack of pace may get found out against the best in the world, Daly …… never again in an England shirt - my 86 year old Dad who never played rugby (but is a black belt at judo) could defend better than him. EJ out , hands off SB …. Rassie incoming ?????
Not sure where the lack of Freddie’s pace comes from, spot on the rest
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:23 am
Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:06 am Just back from a day out in London (not at the game) and watched a recording of the match knowing the result…… conclusions for me are that Randall is not international class (game management and kicking very poor and unfortunately his stature is a weakness), Genge Itoje and Lawes are world class and had great games , Ewels shouldn’t have been on the pitch EJ you reap what you sow , Freddie’s lack of pace may get found out against the best in the world, Daly …… never again in an England shirt - my 86 year old Dad who never played rugby (but is a black belt at judo) could defend better than him. EJ out , hands off SB …. Rassie incoming ?????
In fairness, he’s right. No one has exposed it yet. I like to think that’s because he reads the game so well. But realistically it will happen at times. Just hope it’s against Wales!!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Dokie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:31 am
In fairness, he’s right. No one has exposed it yet. I like to think that’s because he reads the game so well. But realistically it will happen at times. Just hope it’s against Wales!!
I disagree, with one caveat. Freddie is fast, but he has a huge stride length and low cadence, which makes him a little slow to get started (like Usain Bolt). It makes him appear slow because his legs aren't moving as much as other players around him. If he's "slow", how come he was so often leading the kick chase and getting there first. EJ had reservations about his speed. Until Freddie was in camp, that is.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:39 am
Dokie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:31 am

I disagree, with one caveat. Freddie is fast, but he has a huge stride length and low cadence, which makes him a little slow to get started (like Usain Bolt). It makes him appear slow because his legs aren't moving as much as other players around him. If he's "slow", how come he was so often leading the kick chase and getting there first. EJ had reservations about his speed. Until Freddie was in camp, that is.
This he is deceptively quick because of his stride length but takes a couple of strides to get going. I honestly can’t remember him being out paced where it hasn’t been a positional error usually by a team mate.
Thought both 15s in the England game were excellent compared to Hogg who seems to be going backwards
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

mol2 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:54 pm Jones loves his finishers.

Yep, and his tinkering has potentially cost us at least two games in this 6Ns. Killed the momentum against Scotland and Ireland. As you say, the decision to take off Ellis was negligent.