London Irish (Home) - Saturday 12th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish (Home) - Saturday 12th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:52 pm IF we can get Chessum back would start him at lock.
I really really want to see him and Martin at lock sometime with Hanro and Wiese in the back row.
Feel it would help with what we are missing at times.
I agree now we need to convince that nice Mr. Borthwick
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:55 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:52 pm IF we can get Chessum back would start him at lock.
I really really want to see him and Martin at lock sometime with Hanro and Wiese in the back row.
Feel it would help with what we are missing at times.
I agree now we need to convince that nice Mr. Borthwick
100% have been hoping the exact same thing for the last season or so.. both could be fantastic in the second row and with Liebenberg and Wiese likely to be nailed on at 6 and 8 it’s certainly worth a try. That being said I think Wells has been fantastic for us this season but Wells and Martin/Chessum could be a cracking combo
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Good to see Chessum move to lock later in the game yesterday, I do think Borthwick will move him there eventually.

Strongest team available for this one, I would then expect a team closer to yesterday make the trip to Newcastle and then all the big guns for Exeter before the PRC rest week and onto Clermont.

I'd go similar to Scott1, but perhaps Wigglesworth to start and Porter in for Nadolo, depending on conditions.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Yet a 3rd Tigers home game in a row on an England International game day. How come????
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:30 pm Yet a 3rd Tigers home game in a row on an England International game day. How come????
Don’t think it’s deliberate the international window spreads over best part of 3 months so will cover 5 or 6 league games
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:25 pm Good to see Chessum move to lock later in the game yesterday, I do think Borthwick will move him there eventually.

Strongest team available for this one, I would then expect a team closer to yesterday make the trip to Newcastle and then all the big guns for Exeter before the PRC rest week and onto Clermont.

I'd go similar to Scott1, but perhaps Wigglesworth to start and Porter in for Nadolo, depending on conditions.
There is no reason why we shouldn’t go as strong as possible now for other than the PRC games. No short weeks on the fixture list and our 2nd bye week bein Round 22
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Ashton
Potter
Moroni
Kelly
Nadolo
Burns
JvP
F. Van Wyk
Montoya
Leaitgana
Wells
Snyman
Liebenberg
Robinson
Wiese

Dolly
Whitcombe
Hurd
Green
Martin
Wiggy
Hegarty
Porter
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:23 pm Ashton
Potter
Moroni
Kelly
Nadolo
Burns
JvP
F. Van Wyk
Montoya
Leaitgana
Wells
Snyman
Liebenberg
Robinson
Wiese

Dolly
Whitcombe
Hurd
Green
Martin
Wiggy
Hegarty
Porter
Interesting
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:46 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:25 pm Good to see Chessum move to lock later in the game yesterday, I do think Borthwick will move him there eventually.

There is no reason why we shouldn’t go as strong as possible now for other than the PRC games. No short weeks on the fixture list and our 2nd bye week bein Round 22
Two reasons:

1) Keeping key players fresh for the latter stages of the season (and injury free)
2) Keeping non-regular players match sharp for the latter stages of the season

We will need to ensure both of those if we are going to avoid the season fizzling out into an "almost".
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:44 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:46 pm

Two reasons:

1) Keeping key players fresh for the latter stages of the season (and injury free)
2) Keeping non-regular players match sharp for the latter stages of the season

We will need to ensure both of those if we are going to avoid the season fizzling out into an "almost".
Good points. I suppose what I’m saying is that there is enough rest time built in for non injured players to keep playing. PRC will give other players game time. Also no matter the advantage of keeping players rotated it doesn’t help with continuity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

With only 3 hookers in the squad I suspect that Dolly may be hanging around the England squad as a reserve even if George & Balmire are the two likely in the 23.

Given we're likely to have 3 hookers within the squad plus travelling reserves, it will be interesting if Vanes covers or if we bring Cowan-Dickie back from Pirates to be that third option.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:00 pm With only 3 hookers in the squad I suspect that Dolly may be hanging around the England squad as a reserve even if George & Balmire are the two likely in the 23.

Given we're likely to have 3 hookers within the squad plus travelling reserves, it will be interesting if Vanes covers or if we bring Cowan-Dickie back from Pirates to be that third option.
TCD will be third man I'd have thought. Get Vanes as much game time with Notts as possible as it'll help his development. Get him in for the PRC games to see where he's at.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I would expect Wiggles to start and also Martin over Robinson, Whitcombe too might be a starter from the list above, not sure about Ashton at 15 either.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:30 pm Yet a 3rd Tigers home game in a row on an England International game day. How come????
Yeah, once again I will have a to listen very loud music at half time to make sure I don’t hear anything about the first game and at full time on the way back to the car for the England game! At least this won’t be an issue for the last round.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Got to say with Heyes retained by England I'm REALLY hoping that Cole is fit again!!!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.