6 Nations 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by mol2 »

Threre are no power runners in the midfield backs. Not really the role of the scrum half and fly half but one of the centres has to be able to break the game line. Just because there's no Tuillagi it doesn't mean that a lesser bullock can't be used.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I think that in the end, England were very lucky to win. Dombrants' try should certainly have been chalked off as Itoje certainly pushed the Welsh forward out of the lineout and that is speaking as an almost one-eyed England supporter. We got the rub of the green with that one and I am equally sure there will be cases where it goes against us.
Hehehehehehehehe
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

No excuses any more, England are pants, Sinkler's standing up under the posts shows he has neither the wit to work with the ref nor the skill to scrummage properly, Genge was little better, their body language was telling they both looked super relaxed, and giving off an ' I'm not bovered' vibe that verged on the disinterested.
Far worse were our backs, they were shovelling the ball across the line as by rote, no one took the ball up ( apart from Smith) to commit the defenders, utter dross, they could have played till Wednesday and they still would not have broken the defence down.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

BengalTiger wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:42 pm No excuses any more, England are pants, Sinkler's standing up under the posts shows he has neither the wit to work with the ref nor the skill to scrummage properly, Genge was little better, their body language was telling they both looked super relaxed, and giving off an ' I'm not bovered' vibe that verged on the disinterested.
Far worse were our backs, they were shovelling the ball across the line as by rote, no one took the ball up ( apart from Smith) to commit the defenders, utter dross, they could have played till Wednesday and they still would not have broken the defence down.
Don't see how you can say that about Genge, I know Smith scored most of the points but for me Ellis was MOM
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

And there’s an interesting video on the BBC website about how Genge was the unsung hero against Wales…
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:07 am I think that in the end, England were very lucky to win. Dombrants' try should certainly have been chalked off as Itoje certainly pushed the Welsh forward out of the lineout and that is speaking as an almost one-eyed England supporter. We got the rub of the green with that one and I am equally sure there will be cases where it goes against us.
Disagree, as does Rob Debney ex prem ref in the Times. He says the real problem was the premature closing of the gap which Adamson didn't deal with. After that, Itoje was just in the gap a was his opposite number - no penalty. Similarly, England incurred a scrum penalty 5m from the Welsh line: Ellis asked Adamson where Sinkler should have put his head as the Welsh loosehead had bored across to the English hooker leaving no room for Sinkler. No reply from Adamson. This may account for the bemused/resigned looks.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

BengalTiger wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:42 pm No excuses any more, England are pants, Sinkler's standing up under the posts shows he has neither the wit to work with the ref nor the skill to scrummage properly, Genge was little better, their body language was telling they both looked super relaxed, and giving off an ' I'm not bovered' vibe that verged on the disinterested.
What would you have said if England had lost?!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

AWJ is back in the Wales squad in preparation to be thrashed by the French :smt001
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/KyranBracken/status ... eRiOg&s=19

Just seen this! The bloke was allowed to come back from his HIA, surely they just had to look at the footage and say, enough is enough have the rest of the game off.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

England Squad announced, no Ford, Heyes or Chessum.

https://www.englandrugby.com/news/artic ... allow-week
Soggypitch
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Matthieu Jalibert could be considered for Bordeaux/Bègles' Top14 match at home to Pau on Saturday.
A call-up for the France squad for the match in Cardiff on Friday 11th is possible but quite likely for the final 6N match at the Stade de France against England.
Semper in excretia
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:08 pm Matthieu Jalibert could be considered for Bordeaux/Bègles' Top14 match at home to Pau on Saturday.
A call-up for the France squad for the match in Cardiff on Friday 11th is possible but quite likely for the final 6N match at the Stade de France against England.
Let's hope that's the 6Ns decider, but England need to improve hugely if they are to beat Ireland. It's not beyond them, but I live in hope more than expectation!!
Soggypitch
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Soggypitch wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:13 pm
Robespierre wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:08 pm Matthieu Jalibert could be considered for Bordeaux/Bègles' Top14 match at home to Pau on Saturday.
Let's hope that's the 6Ns decider, but England need to improve hugely if they are to beat Ireland. It's not beyond them, but I live in hope more than expectation!!
If France beat Wales on the 11th (only a little if!) the Grand Slam will surely be theirs for the taking, unless England give Ireland a pasting and suddenly gain some confidence, but that's most unlikely!
Semper in excretia
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I have lost any remaining confidence in England. EJ is turning out to be England's Ron Waldron.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I always find England Ireland one of the hardest 6N games to predict. Ireland have only won at Twickenham 5 times in the last 40 years, so it doesn't happen often.

Form probably makes Ireland slight favourites this time, but while England might lack a sparkling back line they are more than capable enough up front and defensively to make life difficult for any team.