Result Jan 1:

Ampthill 36 London Scottish 17 FT

Doncaster P Bedford Blues P
Ealing Trailfinders P Cornish Pirates P

Still to come .....

Sunday 2 Jan

Hartpury RFC 14:30 Nottingham

Richmond P Coventry P
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Championship rugby

Post by westwinds31 »

Decent effort by Notts at Hartpury, losing 26-30. Two points in the end. Should have won but some dubious decisions in the first half put paid to getting a foothold. Impressive display from Lancaster at 10, he’s featured for Notts at 12 before but this is the first time I’ve seen him pulling the strings. Dare I say there was some Ford-like touches when he took it to the line. Manz came in and did well at lock. Vanes and Edwards also came off the bench. Two not straight line outs sadly in the final minutes when Notts were pushing for the win.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

RESULT 3/1/22 :

Hartpury RFC 30 Nottingham 26
FT

Link to updated Table :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union ... ship/table
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

The Green King Championship returns with a full programme on Sat 15 Jan. Blank weekend Jan 7 - Jan -9 .
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:24 pm The Green King Championship returns with a full programme on Sat 15 Jan. Blank weekend Jan 7 - Jan -9 .
Interesting we've chosen not to have players like Hall with us again then as 2nd row cover on the bench.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Semi-pro vs Professional at Nottingham last night, although you wouldn’t have thought it as Notts produced a great performance to push Ealing and had them rattled at times, in thick fog ! 7 points in it with 10 mins to go and Ealing kicking the points to make sure of the win. Archie Vanes was decent, very physical and solid in the set piece. Looks a prospect. Edwards came on and was busy. 21-34 in the end.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Doncaster Knights are keeping the pressure on Ealing at the top of the table with a good bonus point win away at Jersey Reds.

Simmons playing at 15 for Jersey; Thom Smith at 8 for Knights, and scoring a try in the 19 v 35 win.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Nice little jaunt down to Penzance yesterday ! Ticked off another ground. Final score flattered Pirates I think, as Notts were in the game until around 65 mins. Vanes decent again, growing in stature and is very physical. Cusick showed up well too. Edwards was down to start but didn’t feature. Notts have done well against Ealing and Pirates and the improvement is there, just need to get a W now ! Interesting ground and fans, I expected a cauldron but people seemed more interested in drinking than watching the game !
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

https://fb.watch/aKLD3ukDeS/

Some excellent marketing from our (proper) neighbours in Cov.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Finally a deserved win last night for Nottingham over Coventry. After some good recent performances they finally got over the line. Vanes came off injured and was on crutches at the end but could be precautionary. Opportunities for a run now with Scottish next week then some home games to finish.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:40 am Finally a deserved win last night for Nottingham over Coventry. After some good recent performances they finally got over the line. Vanes came off injured and was on crutches at the end but could be precautionary. Opportunities for a run now with Scottish next week then some home games to finish.
How dis vanes and browning play? (Outside the injury obviously)
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I’ve seen a lot of Vanes following Notts, I like him he’s very physical, decent scrummager and his line out throwing is also good. He’s definitely benefited from a run of games and the Notts pack have been going well, vs Ealing, Jersey and Pirates, despite the losses. This win was well deserved for the improvement over a number of games. Another season or two and Vanes could make the step up, obviously luck is a massive factor, no injuries etc. Browning has been ok without setting the world on fire. He came off the bench yesterday and was busy. I wouldn’t say he’s been sensational. Of all the Tigers I’ve seen I’d say Vanes, then Edwards, then Cusick, Manz looked good in his one appearance, then Browning.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Brilliant win for Notts at Scottish yesterday. Vanes on the end of a couple of mauls, did well. Chessum got 30 minutes and showed up well in the set piece and loose. Once he grows into his body he’s going to be a massive unit, bigger than his brother I suspect. Two wins in a row for Nottingham now, deserved after the improvement since Christmas.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Donny with an away win at Ealing - things looking very interesting at the top.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If Donny comes up could see them going after Lancaster