Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: GP / Six Nations plus others - w/e 04-06th February 2022

Post by Postiger2 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:04 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:00 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:48 pm A full back at outside centre? Who was that? Same people moaning that Elliot Day is never an international 15 are the same people moaning now that he’s a FB playing at 13 hahahahahahahaha,no agenda though
What you've said here makes no sense. I don't think he's good enough for England in either position. My point is that he's absolutely not the answer at OC when he's hardly ever played for us in that position. He's even less suited to that position at test level than he is FB.
You are saying he is a FB playing at OC as another dig at Eddie. He is an OC who has played FB and wing. If he hadve been picked at FB yesterday and had a mare you would’ve called Eddie out for playing him at FB. It’s boring mate and you have an anti Eddie Jones agenda. I shall ignore your drivel from now on 👍
...and I shall ignore your's. Hopefully England can improve on last year's 5th place finish.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Postiger2 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:12 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:04 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:00 pm

What you've said here makes no sense. I don't think he's good enough for England in either position. My point is that he's absolutely not the answer at OC when he's hardly ever played for us in that position. He's even less suited to that position at test level than he is FB.
You are saying he is a FB playing at OC as another dig at Eddie. He is an OC who has played FB and wing. If he hadve been picked at FB yesterday and had a mare you would’ve called Eddie out for playing him at FB. It’s boring mate and you have an anti Eddie Jones agenda. I shall ignore your drivel from now on 👍
...and I shall ignore your's. Hopefully England can improve on last year's 5th place finish.
Wahhh wahhh,big baby 😂👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

:smt044 Apologies, didn't mean to provoke a row!

The back line didn't work as well as anyone would like and I'm not in any way saying it's just a one off. You could see when Scotland got the ball the contrast between the speed of their back play and ours - they don't have big boshers in the midfield so they don't try to play that way - we couldn't seem to figure it out, or didn't want to adjust.

That wasn't because Daly isn't familiar with 13 after playing there 100 times, or because Marchant & Malins can't remember how to play on the wing, despite having done it before and almost certainly training there all week. Malins played the majority of last season on the wing and pretty much everyone agreed he was fantastic - so he knows how to play on the wing, right?

If Marchant was stood in the centres when he was supposed to be catching a kick into his own 22, or Daly caught the ball in midfield and suddenly stopped dead while he tried to work out what a 13 is supposed to do then there might be some merit to the argument, but I don't remember that happening.

In the past Eddie has played people out of position and it hasn't worked, but that wasn't the issue yesterday.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TBP for France ,great try all round. Can’t wait for France v Ireland next week!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Is it just me, or do Italy not look like a push over?
They will be at home next week?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:45 pm Is it just me, or do Italy not look like a push over?
Yes at home,tough to tell though. France aren’t anywhere near their best for me
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:45 pm Is it just me, or do Italy not look like a push over?
Agreed Crowley has clearly made a difference. There seem to be more Italian players not native by birth appearing on their team sheets
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

The expected win with an encouraging four tries from wingers. A plucky performance from Italy who will surely give the English something to think about next week.
Semper in excretia
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Manu to play on the wing? :smt018
ashleytiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashleytiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:44 pm Highlights how much of a stupid handicap playing 6/7 games during the six nations is
I totally agree - it completely skews the Premiership as a competition, highlighted by Quins last year and how the teams with most players away are faring this year.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Just watched the Sarries Bath highlights.. don't know much about him but Sarries lock Theo McFarland looks like a great player in the making.. powerful finish for his try. Kind of lock we could do with perhaps
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:31 pm Manu to play on the wing? :smt018
And his groin will go again in 30 minutes 😂
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

It is well worth watching the Scotland v England Under 20's match on the BBC iplayer. and look out for Henry Arundell the England Full back he is a name for the future and so are several more. The Scottish No. 8 is a fearsome beast too and scores.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:48 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:43 pm
Crofty wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:33 pm

Hang on, I thought your beef was Eddie playing players outside of their club positions, are you now saying Eddie's previous positioning was gospel and the clubs were wrong?
My beef is players playing in unfamiliar positions. I don't think it's that hard to understand. Anyway, we'll see at the end of the 6Ns. Hopefully we do well and I'm wrong. Maybe having a full back and a centre on the wings, a full back at outside centre and an outside centre at inside centre is the way forward and Eddie is a genius.
A full back at outside centre? Who was that? Same people moaning that Elliot Day is never an international 15 are the same people moaning now that he’s a FB playing at 13 hahahahahahahaha,no agenda though
Should that have read Daly should not have been in an international 15?

A few years ago he might have been worth selecting at centre, however the continued selection of him at full back has seen his form dwindle and he is showing nothing to merit selection.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=wormus post_id=808289 time=1644265862 user_id=169]
It is well worth watching the Scotland v England Under 20's match on the BBC iplayer. and look out for Henry Arundell the England Full back he is a name for the future and so are several more. The Scottish No. 8 is a fearsome beast too and scores.
[/quote]

page2 of this thread.... Post by MurphysLaw » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:17 pm

Saw some of the Scot u20 v Eng u20 last night, and it turned out to be a good bonus point away win for England, but they had to work hard for it.
Stand out performances from Eng 15, Ollie Arundal, and Scots 8, Leatherbarrow.
For those who like to see a bit of pace, watch Arundal (London Irish) - he's got some serious wheels!

https://u20.sixnationsrugby.com/video/h ... under-20s/

Great minds..... :smt002