6 Nations 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

peteD

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by peteD »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:22 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:21 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:11 pm "Scotland by 5-10 for me. England haven't won the Calcutta Cup at Murrayfield since 1984 for a reason!"

Half right,it's attempting to regain the Calcutta Cup in Scotland for the first time since 1984
Scotland retained it at Murrayfield in ‘84.
BBC have it wrong then,what a surprise 😂
I think it’s regain the cup. They would have had to lose it the previous year at Twickenham to be able to regain back at Murrayfield
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I really don’t know enough about some of the Scottish based players to pass comment on who is favourite. Their 2 provinces results have hardly been setting the world on fire
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:54 pm I really don’t know enough about some of the Scottish based players to pass comment on who is favourite. Their 2 provinces results have hardly been setting the world on fire
Best defence in the 6n at present,very miserly! Solid all round,good set piece and Russell and Hogg provide the magic. Russell can overplay sometimes though and make mistakes ,think Freddie Burns. Plus it's at Murrayfield ,Scotland definite favourites.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:21 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:54 pm I really don’t know enough about some of the Scottish based players to pass comment on who is favourite. Their 2 provinces results have hardly been setting the world on fire
Best defence in the 6n at present,very miserly! Solid all round,good set piece and Russell and Hogg provide the magic. Russell can overplay sometimes though and make mistakes ,think Freddie Burns. Plus it's at Murrayfield ,Scotland definite favourites.
This may be a strange question but how can you say they have the best defence in the 6n at present when it hasn’t started yet.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:38 pm
This may be a strange question but how can you say they have the best defence in the 6n at present when it hasn’t started yet.
Going off the last 2 tournaments,10 trys conceded last season and only 5 the year before. So going into this years 6N they currently have the competitions best defence
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Thank you so it’s historical data, not taking into account, venues, weather conditions and selected teams.
I do agree with your point about the Murrayfield partisan crowd
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:00 pm Thank you so it’s historical data, not taking into account, venues, weather conditions and selected teams.
I do agree with your point about the Murrayfield partisan crowd
I could have given you the War and Peace version but I decided against it 😂
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:55 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:38 pm
Going off the last 2 tournaments,10 trys conceded last season and only 5 the year before. So going into this years 6N they currently have the competitions best defence
Tight defence maybe, but 4th both years so didn’t do them much good. They did finish above England last year mind !
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:16 pm
Old Hob wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:43 pm This will be Brian Moore's last commentary for the BBC as he has been dropped.
Did he jump or was he pushed? Sad to see him go. He was a first rate commentator, particularly on the dark acts of the front row !
Definitely pushed according to the Telegraph. "Axed" was the word used.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

For once, I quite like the side that Eddie has selected and really think that England will win, maybe not by many.
Let's hope that Chessum will get on the field at some time.
The bookies apparently have them as narrow favourites, and I agree!
I'm looking forward to seeing what George Ford and Randall can do towards the end of the game.
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:19 pm For once, I quite like the side that Eddie has selected and really think that England will win, maybe not by many.
I'm looking forward to seeing what George Ford and Randall can do towards the end of the game.
Chessum not in the squad, or do you mean in the upcoming games
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Whenever the commentator calls, "Randall", I have to bite my tongue not to say " and Hopkirk, deceased".
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:27 pm
Robespierre wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:19 pm For once, I quite like the side that Eddie has selected and really think that England will win, maybe not by many.
Chessum not in the squad, or do you mean in the upcoming games
In the rest of the 6N.
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Scotland team to face England: Hogg; Graham, Harris, Johnson, Van der Merwe; Russell, Price; Sutherland, Turner, Z Fagerson, J Gray, Gilchrist, Ritchie, Watson, M Fagerson.

Replacements: McInally, Schoeman, Nel, Skinner, M Bradbury, White, Kinghorn, Tuipulotu.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

France team to face Italy: 15. Melvyn Jaminet, 14. Damian Penaud, 13. Gael Fickou, 12. Jonathan Danty, 11. Gabin Villiere, 10. Romain Ntamack. 9. Antoine Dupont, 1. Cyril Baille, 2. Julien Marchand, 3. Uini Atonio, 4. Cameron Woki, 5. Paul Willemse, 6. Anthony Jelonch, 7. Dylan Cretin, 8. Gregory Alldritt.

Replacements: 16. Peato Mauvaka, 17. Jean-Baptiste Gros, 18. Demba Bamba, 19. Romain Taofifenua, 20. Francois Cros, 21. Maxime Lucu, 22. Yoram Moefana, 23. Thomas Ramos.