BEST OF THE REST GP WEEKEND GAMES 28/01/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: BEST OF THE REST GP WEEKEND GAMES 28/01/22

Post by Tiglon »

Both sides pretty poor IMO, but huge win for Bath. Quins are a totally different side without Smith in particular. With Sale and Sarries up next for them I can see them getting dragged into a real battle for the top 4.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Quins, like us, will miss their England players. Saracens for once won’t be badly affected during the Six Nations so I expect them to be well ahead at the top by the end of March.
All of our games will be incredibly difficult to manage as we never do well at a Bath, Sale and Sarries so there will be huge pressure to win our home games.
Then of course there’s the investigation.
Off to Sale to cheer the team on.
Good luck Tigers.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:40 pm
baz1664 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:24 pm As much as I would like Bath to win this, ref/tmo shafting Quins massively!! Neck rolls that go on and on throughout games that are unnoticed but getting hand picked by the TMO!! Again just a lack of consistency!!
Watching a different game to me
You must be watching the elephant racing on BTSporthaventaclue?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Thought Bath were aided by Sir this evening. The turning point for me was when Mr Hughes was caught with his hands in the cookie jar, wasn't pinged and Barf went up the other end and scored.

I just don't like the gushing commentary which shouts over the fact that the laws of the game have been ignored....

Harrumph!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:56 pm Quins, like us, will miss their England players. Saracens for once won’t be badly affected during the Six Nations so I expect them to be well ahead at the top by the end of March.
Still a few missing for them with George, Itoje, Farrell (now injured), Malins, Christie all away on 6N duty.

Sale missing Rodd, Curry, Quirke, Asherman.

Saints missing Furbank, Freeman, Lawes, Ludlum, Hutchinson.

Bath missing Bailey, Stuart, Ewels, Redpath, Bayliss.

We are missing Genge, Chessum, Youngs, Ford, Steward but I think our squad depth is better than most.

I actually think during the 6N is the best time to play Sarries. Never an easy away match and no we don’t seem to play well there but during the 6N is as good a time as ever. Definitely fancy our chances at home to Worcester, Saints and Glos and I reckon we should be strong enough to get the win at the Rec. Away to Sale and Sarries will be the toughest games
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Barf did us a favour pegging back a rival in the top 4.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

baz1664 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:07 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:40 pm
baz1664 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:24 pm As much as I would like Bath to win this, ref/tmo shafting Quins massively!! Neck rolls that go on and on throughout games that are unnoticed but getting hand picked by the TMO!! Again just a lack of consistency!!
Watching a different game to me
You must be watching the elephant racing on BTSporthaventaclue?
Maybe you could give me some examples of what was missed by both the ref and the TMO in terms of these neck rolls throughout the the game instead of being offensive
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:56 pm Quins, like us, will miss their England players. Saracens for once won’t be badly affected during the Six Nations so I expect them to be well ahead at the top by the end of March.
All of our games will be incredibly difficult to manage as we never do well at a Bath, Sale and Sarries so there will be huge pressure to win our home games.
Then of course there’s the investigation.
Off to Sale to cheer the team on.
Good luck Tigers.
Don’t get this we never do well we are a different squad with a different mindset and other squads are as badly effected as we are. Of course it’s going to be difficult but please let’s not be beaten before we get there, as has happened in recent seasons
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/Smallclone_/status/ ... eF5aw&s=19

Anyone who thinks the officials had a bad game need to watch this "yellow" they had in the URC yesterday.

Shoulder direct to head. Player had dropped so mitigated to yellow.

Note the laws say if it's reckless then mitigation should not be applied... He leads with his shoulder, no wrap, looking away. To my mind that's reckless.

I'm sorry if that ain't a red card then the whole system is broken...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:40 am https://twitter.com/Smallclone_/status/ ... eF5aw&s=19

Anyone who thinks the officials had a bad game need to watch this "yellow" they had in the URC yesterday.

Note the laws say if it's reckless then mitigation should not be applied... He leads with his shoulder, no wrap, looking away. To my mind that's reckless.

You know what I'm like with my "rugby incidents" but that's a red,that's bad!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:40 am https://twitter.com/Smallclone_/status/ ... eF5aw&s=19

Would like to see the full context of that. Obviously it looks awful - and a clear red - but a 7 second clip on Twitter, in slow motion and cropped so you can’t see the lead up or wider action is not something we should rely on to form a judgement! One has to assume the officials saw something not evident here that significantly affected their decision.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Watching the Bath v Quins game last night it would appear that taking Smith, Dombrant and Marler out of the quins side makes them much more vulnerable which doesn’t augur well for the six nations period especially when you consider Bath probably only had half of their first choice available .
A2O
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Falcons v Glaws kickoff delayed until 7pm due to the high winds!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

chris111 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:08 am

Would like to see the full context of that. Obviously it looks awful - and a clear red - but a 7 second clip on Twitter, in slow motion and cropped so you can’t see the lead up or wider action is not something we should rely on to form a judgement! One has to assume the officials saw something not evident here that significantly affected their decision.
I did find a wider angle and the player drops, however for me the mitigation of dropping is countered by leading with the shoulder and not wrapping.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:46 pm
chris111 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:08 am

I did find a wider angle and the player drops, however for me the mitigation of dropping is countered by leading with the shoulder and not wrapping.
It wasn’t a very low drop either like we’ve seen before,it was still quite high
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer