6 Nations 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Scott1 »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:38 pm It’s hard enough to win at Murrayfield when you’re fully loaded, even the 2003 World Cup winning squad found it hard going up there. With Scotland looking even stronger I would say and with our drop outs coming thick and fast, I don’t give us much of a shot of winning to be honest. I hope I’m wrong. Not the ideal preparation with a World Cup just around the corner, but it does give opportunities to others I guess.
Hopefully we will get a LBP,no one will get a slam this year so I think with Wales and Ireland at home we could still be in the mix France away last game
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Manu fit for the Quins game the day after England v Scotland.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:28 am Manu fit for the Quins game the day after England v Scotland.
Soon to be followed by

Manu plays well v Quins
Manu called into England squad
Manu gets injured playing for England
Manu out until the start of next season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

GB72 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:30 am
Scott1 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:28 am Manu fit for the Quins game the day after England v Scotland.
Soon to be followed by

Manu plays well v Quins
Manu called into England squad
Manu gets injured playing for England
Manu out until the start of next season.
Rinse and repeat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Marler will be OK for Scotland . He's showing no symptoms and its a possibility that residual Covid could have shown up in the test as it can hang around for up to 3 months and this is his second postive test within the space of 3 months.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Are they doing PCRs? (Other than as to confirm a positive lateral flow).
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... SApp_Other. A good article on Genge from the Guardian.
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Marchant pings for Covid now,Lynagh and Radwan brought into squad
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The back line selection is going to be interesting. I’d go with:

Youngs, Smith, Malins, Atkinson, Slade, Nowell, Steward
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:28 pm The back line selection is going to be interesting. I’d go with:

+1 if Marchant is out
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:30 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:28 pm The back line selection is going to be interesting. I’d go with:

+1 if Marchant is out
Agreed
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Eddie needs to be telling Manu to go and get 3 or 4 games for Sale under his belt before an England return is considered. He won’t but he should imo
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

A nice article on Lenny from Rugbypass:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/why-ben- ... p-england/

It’s good to see him learning from the young guns and rediscovering a bit of his running game. Long may it continue and I hope he can see out his career at Tigers.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I haven't looked to see if the fixtures have been listed earlier in the thread, but here they are:

Round 1
5th February Ireland v Wales
Scotland v England
6th February France v Italy

Round 2
12th February Wales v Scotland
France v Ireland
13th February Italy v England

Round 3
26th February Scotland v France
England v Wales
27th February Ireland v Italy

Round 4
11th March Wales v France (Friday night!)
12th March Italy v Scotland
England v Ireland

Round 5
19th March Wales v Italy
Ireland v Scotland
France v England

A couple of months ago, I had France as firm favourites, but now I'm not so sure. Are Dupont and Ntamack match fit? Is Jalibert still injured? OK, so they beat a hot and cold NZ in November and they are building to their World Cup next year. But will they get their act together in the 6N?
They should be there or thereabouts, but I feel that the wise money will be on Ireland. Not necessarily a Grand Slam, but it'll take a very good side to beat them.
England? A loss at Murrayfield on Saturday will be hard to recover from, even though Italy are next up, but the Irish come next.
Scotland are capable of four wins (wins in Dublin a rarer than hen's teeth).
Wales? With the mess their regional rugby is in, they can't be serious contenders, can they? But I said that last year, and look what happened!
Italy? Another wooden spoon beckons. How much longer can they justify being in the 6N?

So it's Ireland for me, no Grand Slam, with Scotland and France fighting for 2nd, England 4th and Wales 5th.
But then again, I'm cr&p at predictions and will in all likelihood be proved wrong again!!
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Joe Marler is back in training and available for selection but no sign of Courtney Lawes. As Jonny Hill is out could this mean Chessum in the 2nd row and Barbeary at 6, or will Eddie go with the ordinary Ewels, who seems to be a favourite of his? Whatever, Chessum could at least find himself on the bench. So good, I posted it twice 🤓
Semper in excretia