Prem cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

susieblue

Prem cup

Post by susieblue »

Am I reading the fixtures for the next round correctly?? London Irish at home 2 days after the Exeter match :smt017
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Prem cup

Post by loretta »

susieblue wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:43 pm Am I reading the fixtures for the next round correctly?? London Irish at home 2 days after the Exeter match :smt017
Yes you are! A Tuesday!!

That'll guarantee a second string side for the premiership cup.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Just hope the previous weekend isn’t a bye for Irish
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:59 pm Just hope the previous weekend isn’t a bye for Irish
They play Northampton on 26th March.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:48 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:59 pm Just hope the previous weekend isn’t a bye for Irish
They play Northampton on 26th March.
Thanks Tigerbeat, so both squads will be tested to the limit. An example of Borthwicks squad rotation bearing fruit maybe
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Just don’t understand putting fixtures on the Tuesday when the first weekend in April is free. Totally bizarre!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I can think of a number of reasons but whether or not it is deliberate perhaps it is useful in pressing teams to act in the spirit of the competition and field emerging players.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Ian Cant wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:59 pm Just don’t understand putting fixtures on the Tuesday when the first weekend in April is free. Totally bizarre!
It makes sense given the nature of most PRC selections. Clubs will be able to field players who were not in the matchday 23 or unused replacements from the last weekend in March, giving teams the chance to exercise their wider squads. Then there'll be a guaranteed 9-10 day turnaround before the European last 16 ties rather than making clubs fulfil a PRC fixture potentially only 6 days beforehand.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sale and Gloc etc will be gutted! (If I'm right in saying those are 2 of the teams who usually put close to their gun team out)
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ian Cant wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:59 pm Just don’t understand putting fixtures on the Tuesday when the first weekend in April is free. Totally bizarre!
First week in April is not free, that's our bye week.

Quins have their bye immediately before so they are the best placed for it, arguably we're next best placed with a chance to rest players straight after.

Joys of a 13 team Premiership, more matches so others squished into midweek, but also odd numbers of teams so bye weeks

I think Nottingham may be a club who loses out a bit, our loaned players may well be retained then.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

It’ll have to be a different squad trained by a different coach, Brett I assume, running almost Parallel to the Premiership squad
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

mightymouse wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:43 am It’ll have to be a different squad trained by a different coach, Brett I assume, running almost Parallel to the Premiership squad
Agreed previous week will see 2 x 23 man squads training