Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by baz1664 »

Daly really!! :smt012
Can’t be doing with he can kick from the halfway line rubbish, just EJ all over, has his mates and sticks with them!!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Radwan should have been in for May IMO.

Wonder if he went Daly as cover for a centre so he covers a wing and a centre while Ford covers the fly half.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

If Lawes is ruled out and Curry takes the captaincy, who would you start at 6?

Chessum or Isiekwe to keep the same balance. Ludlam as the next cab off the rank.
Move Dombrandt to 6 and start Simmonds/Barbeary? Might be lacking for grunt but wouldn’t be short on pace!
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

No6_Flanker wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:30 pm If Lawes is ruled out and Curry takes the captaincy, who would you start at 6?

Chessum or Isiekwe to keep the same balance. Ludlam as the next cab off the rank.
Move Dombrandt to 6 and start Simmonds/Barbeary? Might be lacking for grunt but wouldn’t be short on pace!
I reckon he'll go with
Curry 6
Ludlam 7
Dombrant 8

That said Lawes is going through return to play protocols by the sounds of it so it may be a precaution given they normally take 1-2 weeks to complete
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

baz1664 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:18 pm Daly really!! :smt012
Can’t be doing with he can kick from the halfway line rubbish, just EJ all over, has his mates and sticks with them!!
Daly is another favourite like Farrell
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

On reflection, the recall of Daly is retrogressive and I would rather have seen young Lynagh given an opportunity.
Semper in excretia
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Lynagh has bagged 7 premiership tries this season and has been in great form, 100% ahead of Daly for selection, be great when EJ finally packs his bags and someone with fresh ideas and hopefully picks on form lands. The whole ignoring Ford saga and picking his bestie Farrell just shows what EJ is all about.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

baz1664 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:43 am Lynagh has bagged 7 premiership tries this season and has been in great form, 100% ahead of Daly for selection, be great when EJ finally packs his bags and someone with fresh ideas and hopefully picks on form lands. The whole ignoring Ford saga and picking his bestie Farrell just shows what EJ is all about.
Wonder how many times we will hear about Dalys siege gun boot? 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Watching Lynagh and Simmonds, they both miss tackles frequently. Probably a very good reason Jones is suspicious.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Lynagh's defence is really poor, hopefully the Quins coaches are working on it with him. Doesn't attempt many tackles, and misses nearly a third of those that he does try to execute. Also found wanting positionally at times.

Honestly, I'd have Potter in the squad ahead of Lynagh. Much better tackle success rate (and attempts a lot more) and beats a lot more defenders.

Lynagh has a good highlights reel and a useful surname, but he's not someone I would trust in an international match just yet.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Personally I hope we see the following back 3

Hassell-Collins Malins
Steward

I'd have added Radwan to the squad ahead of both Lynagh AND Daly...
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:37 am Lynagh's defence is really poor, hopefully the Quins coaches are working on it with him. Doesn't attempt many tackles, and misses nearly a third of those that he does try to execute. Also found wanting positionally at times.

Honestly, I'd have Potter in the squad ahead of Lynagh. Much better tackle success rate (and attempts a lot more) and beats a lot more defenders.

Lynagh has a good highlights reel and a useful surname, but he's not someone I would trust in an international match just yet.
I admit I have not seen much of Lynagh and wasn’t aware of his defensive deficiencies so I’ll happily drop him from my list of possibilities !
Semper in excretia
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

All I hope for the back three is that Hassell-Collins gets given a proper chance, he's earned it and could be one of the breakthrough players of the championship. Other than the fact that he plays for an unfashionable club there's really nothing going against him.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:49 pm All I hope for the back three is that Hassell-Collins gets given a proper chance, he's earned it and could be one of the breakthrough players of the championship. Other than the fact that he plays for an unfashionable club there's really nothing going against him.
What are his defensive stats like?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Daly is a decent centre. Not a full back or a wing.
Radwan is just fast but contributes little else. Doesn’t seek to get involved like May or Nowell.

Lynagh looks the part and would be my pick. A certain wing of our own with a wand could arguably do a better job than Radwan or Daly. Arguably May has had his day and lost that bit of pace that we saw when he came to Tigers.