Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: CHAMPIONS CUP/CHALLENGE CUP SECOND ROUND

Post by Scott1 »

Think Chiefs have blown it too,I believe they could've been playing Bristol
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:37 pm If anyone spots any errors on the header please let me know! Thanks
FYI, highest seed also gets home advantage in the QF, so Clermont vs Leinster would be played at the RDS.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:58 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:37 pm If anyone spots any errors on the header please let me know! Thanks
FYI, highest seed also gets home advantage in the QF, so Clermont vs Leinster would be played at the RDS.
Finishing top has huge benefits.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Just chuffed that we’re in the mix with the other big guns. If you’d have asked me a year ago…..
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:01 pm Just chuffed that we’re in the mix with the other big guns. If you’d have asked me a year ago…..
2 leg tie v Clermont - and Tigers probably start as marginal favourites. Imagine that a year ago 🤨
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

animalnitrate wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:36 pm Stade Marcel Michelin....if you get a chance to go....do it. One if the great European rugby stadiums. :smt041
I’ve been twice, fabulous stadium, fabulous city, fabulous fans, great time :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Stade Francais have won 35/36 home European fixtures 👀👀👀
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

I’m just utterly utterly UTTERLY delighted we are back with the big boys and we don’t look out of place. What a time to be a Tigers fan and ST holder :smt023

Putting it another way, in addition to our fellow top half Prem teams, the last 16 include the giants of European rugby. Names such as Clermont, Leinster, Racing 92, Munster, Stade Francais, La Rochelle, Toulouse and our old friends Ulster. And I think they’ll all be seeing a game against Tigers as a tough and bruising day at the office against a bunch of players that simply don’t give up and fight for each other.

Within the, let’s face it, frequent low points of the last few years, I would never have imagined this year being in the last 16 against Clermont and thinking “you know, we might just….”. Some may state that getting such good teams is not really a reward for finishing near the top. I say it IS the reward!

Welford Road is going to be absolutely rocking on the return leg and this fan can’t wait.

Thankyou to the players, SB and the coaching team, AP and the back room and off field people, and fellow fans who have put the snarl back in the Tiger :smt023
YoWaGoWan
Tiger Cub

Post by YoWaGoWan »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:15 am I’m just utterly utterly UTTERLY delighted we are back with the big boys and we don’t look out of place. What a time to be a Tigers fan and ST holder :smt023

Putting it another way, in addition to our fellow top half Prem teams, the last 16 include the giants of European rugby. Names such as Clermont, Leinster, Racing 92, Munster, Stade Francais, La Rochelle, Toulouse and our old friends Ulster. And I think they’ll all be seeing a game against Tigers as a tough and bruising day at the office against a bunch of players that simply don’t give up and fight for each other.

Within the, let’s face it, frequent low points of the last few years, I would never have imagined this year being in the last 16 against Clermont and thinking “you know, we might just….”. Some may state that getting such good teams is not really a reward for finishing near the top. I say it IS the reward!

Welford Road is going to be absolutely rocking on the return leg and this fan can’t wait.

Thankyou to the players, SB and the coaching team, AP and the back room and off field people, and fellow fans who have put the snarl back in the Tiger :smt023
Well said,love your passion,it's fans like you that make our club :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:15 am I’m just utterly utterly UTTERLY delighted we are back with the big boys and we don’t look out of place. What a time to be a Tigers fan and ST holder :smt023

Totally agree and you just know that no matter what over the 2 legs this group of players will give their all and will make us proud.
Now who is favourite to wind Big Tomas up and give him a 10 minute rest
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

What's best way to get there? I have been once, but stayed in Lyon, there's no cheap flights to Clermont and I've checked Eurostar its £220 approx. A car load would probably be the best way?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Went via the supporters group last time, can’t remember the price but thought it was good value.

Prob plan on something similar this time around also.
Pmvl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pmvl »

Post by LE18 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:56 pm

What's best way to get there? I have been once, but stayed in Lyon, there's no cheap flights to Clermont and I've checked Eurostar its £220 approx. A car load would probably be the best way?

I've been to Clermont twice, first time I drove but it's a good long drive so I wouldn't recommend it, last timeI flew from Birmingham, there's flights with Air France changing in Pari, when I looked last night the flights are about £200.00 pp, got to talk to her indoors but I think that's the way. I'm going, long weekend Thursday till Monday
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

There are only 6 matches showing in the attached links for round of 16........where do the other two matches (4 teams) come from?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk