6N's period

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 6N's period

Post by GB72 »

I guess the problem is that, in the interests of parity, you cannot have one rule for some of the squad and another for others. Guess you need to either release the whole squad to play next weekend or none of them. I may be wrong but I had always thought (maybe imagined) that players played in club matches the weekend before the 6 nations then joined up with the squad after.

What I did read was that they did not want a similar situation to Autumn where some squad players went weeks without a game due to the bubble and what I have read suggests that those not in the match day squad will be released back to clubs for those matches when they are not needed.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:44 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:27 pm
Don’t get me wrong Scott I’m not questioning the article it’s whether or not Curry falls in the bracket of under cooked.
He only had about 15 mins, other Curry played whole game I think.
I thought it was the other way round but I’m always getting them confused. Undercooked to me would be someone like Lenny who hasn’t played for at least 3 weeks
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

GB72 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:03 pm I guess the problem is that, in the interests of parity, you cannot have one rule for some of the squad and another for others. Guess you need to either release the whole squad to play next weekend or none of them. I may be wrong but I had always thought (maybe imagined) that players played in club matches the weekend before the 6 nations then joined up with the squad after.

What I did read was that they did not want a similar situation to Autumn where some squad players went weeks without a game due to the bubble and what I have read suggests that those not in the match day squad will be released back to clubs for those matches when they are not needed.
The EPS agreement has secured player release for the England players the weekend before the Six Nations for a while now. Sometimes players were released back if the coaches thought they would benefit more from game time with their club than the training camp. So there did used to be flexibility there pre-covid.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

ABClub wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:10 pm
GB72 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:03 pm I guess the problem is that, in the interests of parity, you cannot have one rule for some of the squad and another for others. Guess you need to either release the whole squad to play next weekend or none of them. I may be wrong but I had always thought (maybe imagined) that players played in club matches the weekend before the 6 nations then joined up with the squad after.

The EPS agreement has secured player release for the England players the weekend before the Six Nations for a while now. Sometimes players were released back if the coaches thought they would benefit more from game time with their club than the training camp. So there did used to be flexibility there pre-covid.
OK that makes sense. Still seems a little unfair to leave players with some clubs whilst taking others. OK, we could benefit from that as some of our players may need the game time next week due to the cancellation but less fair on some other teams.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

GB72 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:19 pm
ABClub wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:10 pm

OK that makes sense. Still seems a little unfair to leave players with some clubs whilst taking others. OK, we could benefit from that as some of our players may need the game time next week due to the cancellation but less fair on some other teams.
I get what you mean but is that not the nature of all international selection regardless of whether there's a game or not?

Some clubs will be hit harder by call-ups and others wont be hit as hard. Chiefs certainly benefited more in the past with a lot of player just missing out on selection. At the end of the day that's why the EPS fixed and variable credits are in place so that clubs who lose more players are reimbursed through the cap.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

The problem with being reimbursed through the zap is that Eddies player selection is difficult to predict for any but the core players. You cannot spend £250000 on a good quality player or two to replace your internationals and then have them dropped. Ford would be a prime example until his reprieve. Cole potentially too. You cannot spend on a player to be part of the squad and become a core member of the team for that period. Dropping in and out of fringe loanees is not the some for team performance. I would be interested if anyone knows how this is actually handled.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:55 pm So could be looking at
Van Wyk
Montoya
Cole
Wells
Snyman
Martin
Reffell
Weise
JVP
Ford
Nadolo
Scott
Moroni
Potter
Murivalu

Whitcombe,Dolly,Ladygaga,Liebenberg,MVS,WW,Burns,Porter

Missed out Hegarty,Kelly,Green,Robinson,Clare and maybe more. And like i said we could have Heyes and Chessum back too. Not really worried tbh,some squad that’s been assembled.
You can forget Ford
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:31 am
Scott1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:55 pm So could be looking at
Van Wyk
Montoya
Cole
Wells
Snyman
Martin
Reffell
Weise
JVP
Ford
Nadolo
Scott
Moroni
Potter
Murivalu

Whitcombe,Dolly,Ladygaga,Liebenberg,MVS,WW,Burns,Porter

Missed out Hegarty,Kelly,Green,Robinson,Clare and maybe more. And like i said we could have Heyes and Chessum back too. Not really worried tbh,some squad that’s been assembled.
You can forget Ford
Yes did that pre callup,should change the header really.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

1 game left currently on this period we are 20 points out of a maximum 25.
Perspective to how important Bonus points are winning all the games without any Bonus points would've also given you 20 points.

Also looking back at this thread I was very wrong about Burns.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

See Eddie has now called up Dolly to his 37 man squad for Ireland making a total of 7 Tigers players
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.englandrugby.com/news/artic ... -test-talk

Dolly into the England squad
Dombrant out with Covid so Chessum may have a shot at the 23 again (though Underhill is back in the mix)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:53 pm https://www.englandrugby.com/news/artic ... -test-talk

Dombrant out with Covid so Chessum may have a shot at the 23 again (though Underhill is back in the mix)
Can only assume George Mcguigan must have scratched Eddies car or something
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:55 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:53 pm https://www.englandrugby.com/news/artic ... -test-talk

Kicked Cockers more like....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

FULL SQUAD

FORWARDS
Alfie Barbeary (Wasps, uncapped)
Jamie Blamire (Newcastle Falcons, 5 caps)
Ollie Chessum (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 39 caps)
Nic Dolly (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap)
Alex Dombrandt (Harlequins, 7 caps)
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 29 caps)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 34 caps)
Jamie George (Saracens, 64 caps)
Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers, 2 caps)
Maro Itoje (Saracens, 54 caps)
Nick Isiekwe (Saracens, 6 caps)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 69 caps)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 91 caps)
Joe Marler (Harlequins, 77 caps)
Bevan Rodd (Sale Sharks, 2 caps)
Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs, 12 caps)
Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, 50 caps)
Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 18 caps)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 27 caps)

BACKS
Orlando Bailey (Bath Rugby, uncapped)
Elliot Daly (Saracens, 55 caps)
George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 79 caps)
George Furbank (Northampton Saints, 5 caps)
Ollie Hassell-Collins (London Irish, uncapped)
Louis Lynagh (Harlequins, uncapped)
Max Malins (Saracens, 13 caps)
Joe Marchant (Harlequins, 10 caps)
Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints, 1 cap)
Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs, 37 caps)
Luke Northmore (Harlequins, uncapped)
Harry Randall (Bristol Bears, 4 caps)
Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 46 caps)
Marcus Smith (Harlequins, 8 caps)
Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers, 8 caps)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 115 caps)
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:55 pm

And Murley