6N's period

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: 6N's period

Post by ay2oh »

So I am assuming that none of the England squad will be released back to their clubs even if they are not in the match day 23 for the whole of the six nations period.
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:57 am So I am assuming that none of the England squad will be released back to their clubs even if they are not in the match day 23 for the whole of the six nations period.
According to Sanderson Curry could be playing against us. EJ has said he doesn't want England going into the Scotland game undercooked so the bubbles rules must have changed.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

:smt023
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:04 am
ay2oh wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:57 am So I am assuming that none of the England squad will be released back to their clubs even if they are not in the match day 23 for the whole of the six nations period.
According to Sanderson Curry could be playing against us. EJ has said he doesn't want England going into the Scotland game undercooked so the bubbles rules must have changed.
Typical Sanderson cobblers. Curry played a full part over the weekend and Eddie won’t want one of his key men getting crocked 6 days before the Scottish match
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 am
Typical Sanderson cobblers. Curry played a full part over the weekend and Eddie won’t want one of his key men getting crocked 6 days before the Scottish match
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... tions.html
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Assuming that George does get called up, Stuart Barnes (I know , I know 🙄 in The Times behind a paywall, sorry) has made a convincing case that he will only be there to cover a possible Smith injury. Briefly, George only plays 10 and isn't going to start ahead of Smith, so, on the bench? Probably not as Furbank covers 10 and 15. Theres a lot more in the article about the versatility of Slade and Marchant being useful for injury cover in the backs andca posible 6,2 split on the bench. I just hope that we dont lose George but he doesn't even get into the 23 and doesn't play for us if he's back late in the week.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:36 am Assuming that George does get called up, Stuart Barnes (I know , I know 🙄 in The Times behind a paywall, sorry) has made a convincing case that he will only be there to cover a possible Smith injury. Briefly, George only plays 10 and isn't going to start ahead of Smith, so, on the bench? Probably not as Furbank covers 10 and 15. Theres a lot more in the article about the versatility of Slade and Marchant being useful for injury cover in the backs andca posible 6,2 split on the bench. I just hope that we dont lose George but he doesn't even get into the 23 and doesn't play for us if he's back late in the week.
I think Barnes is right. Smith has the starting 10 Jersey and Ford simply doesn't have the versatility to be on the bench, especially when the starting 10 can't cover any other positions either.

I fear it might be a couple of months of very little rugby for Ford...
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

But if George isn’t on the bench we will get him back won’t we ?
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Have to feel for George,he's a better FH than Farrell but the golden boy can cover 12 too,so we've been told. Can't argue with Smith getting ahead of him though,he's got that magic touch and once his game management (which is quite underrated) catches him up then he will be elite!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:56 am But if George isn’t on the bench we will get him back won’t we ?
You would hope so!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:09 am
Don’t get me wrong Scott I’m not questioning the article it’s whether or not Curry falls in the bracket of under cooked.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:27 pm

Don’t get me wrong Scott I’m not questioning the article it’s whether or not Curry falls in the bracket of under cooked.
Yes,that seemed strange to me too. I get the undercooked England part though
Last edited by Scott1 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:27 pm

He only had about 15 mins, other Curry played whole game I think.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:56 am But if George isn’t on the bench we will get him back won’t we ?
I doubt it tbh. Outside the 23 you will generally retain a few more players in case of prematch/on the day injuries. Eg when Kini came onto the bench when Chessum dropped out for us vs Falcons.

He may not have the versatility to be on the bench, but if your 10 goes down then he will want a replacement.

EJ will only release players who won't be next in line into the 23 if there were an injury.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I don’t like losing the players so I agree with Sanderson about the England players:
I believe Tigers will go in “cold” to the Sale game due to us resting players then the cancelled game!
Personally I wouldn’t want to play Scotland with players who won’t have played for 3 weeks and in some cases 4 weeks!
However, there’s more chance of the England lads getting injured training with England than playing for their clubs! Genge, Watson and others are all relatively recent cases where players have picked up pretty bad injuries in England training sessions: v S. Africa in the World Cup Final England players later suggested they had trained too hard in the week leading up to the final in contrast to S.Africa who had eased off.
The difference in Tigers’ fitness has been the remarkable work of the fitness coaches to change the amount of contact training to concentrate on the ability to play 80+ minutes at full speed: Montoya, Wells, Hanro and evening Coley now quickly rise from tackles, rucks, mauls to get back into useful positions.
Dan Cole looks fitter now than ever.