Leicester v Bordeaux (H) - 22nd January 2022 - 15:15

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Leicester v Bordeaux (H) - 22nd January 2022 - 15:15

Post by Tigerbeat »

baz1664 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:14 pm As the government will be pulling the self isolation process at the end of March (back to normality) how will this impact on the euro cup?
I guess that will also depend on what is happening in the other regions and France….will just have to wait for confirmation.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

LE18 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:31 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:25 pm
LE18 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:21 pm

Who against please?
Scarlets
Ah that's where I got the Welsh connection then, was it a Covid export?
As the rates in the Principality are dropping fast who knows.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:11 pm
Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:21 pm
There doesn't look like there's a replacement fixture to televise so that's meant the old man hurling buns at Posh Richard for entertainment!
Sounds good to me, is that being televised? :smt017 :smt002

Not sure on the ownership of the TV rights for bun hurling. Plus Posh Richard has gone into further negotiations on his image rights for such an event. Its all a bit "commercial". I've not met Posh Richard's agent yet no I'm not sure if we can release pictures.

I'm staying under my cap (a flat one) with a large Remy......you know it makes sense.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Obviously disappointed the game is off but a great opportunity for the squad to relax and recover after some bruising encounters recently…Enjoy your weekend everyone
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:17 pm
baz1664 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:14 pm As the government will be pulling the self isolation process at the end of March (back to normality) how will this impact on the euro cup?
I guess that will also depend on what is happening in the other regions and France….will just have to wait for confirmation.
It will also depend on whether the French can think of any other reasons for not turning up to a match they can't be bothered with...

Sadly, for me, this will go down as another season of meaningless European rugby. Unless Tigers win, obviously!
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Oh well, wanted to win the cup playing the best and beating the best in Europe but now becoming a bit of a farce. Not good.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I suppose the question is would we rather have some rugby in less than ideal circumstances or no rugby at all
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Can someone explain to me why Cardiff can play a match without over twenty players but Toulouse can’t with significantly less than that absent? The process for this is so unclear.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tigers86asw wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:23 pm Can someone explain to me why Cardiff can play a match without over twenty players but Toulouse can’t with significantly less than that absent? The process for this is so unclear.
Cardiff were able to select a squad from within the players registered and could fullfil the fixture.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 pm Oh well, wanted to win the cup playing the best and beating the best in Europe but now becoming a bit of a farce. Not good.
Not really. Top 8 qualify. All the big guns will still have there shot. At worst they will lose home field advantage.

We've won 3 games, 2 away in genuine fashion. It's not like we've dodged anything.

At this stage I still wouldn't put us among the favourites but home field advantage gives us a leg up. Let's see and enjoy the ride.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Tigers86asw wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:23 pm Can someone explain to me why Cardiff can play a match without over twenty players but Toulouse can’t with significantly less than that absent? The process for this is so unclear.
That's what Toulouse are asking. They say they had 23 players ready to go - some key players missing - but they think they could have made a decent fist of it. They are hopping and threatening legal action, I think.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

The recent fixture chaos has devalued the competition for me, whoever wins the cup this season will win it by default, hopefully very soon we can all play rugby on an even playing field and the best side will win without the horrible pandemic we are all battling with.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

By default? Hardly. You can only beat the team in front of you and there still are 5 games (four rounds) before we’ve had a chance to best the remaining 15 other teams.

Who will be missing because of Covid? Well perhaps Toulouse but isn’t it also down to their earlier performances eg at Wasps making them vulnerable? Otherwise it’s largely rugby results not committee decisions that have determined the standings. At this stage it’s 16 from 24 so you have to have underperformed significantly or simply not have been good enough.

Doesn’t seem too shabby a competition to me.

Mind you I’d have preferred BB to have turned up to play us. Was looking forward to it.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Grimlish wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:21 pm By default? Hardly. You can only beat the team in front of you and there still are 5 games (four rounds) before we’ve had a chance to best the remaining 15 other teams.

Who will be missing because of Covid? Well perhaps Toulouse but isn’t it also down to their earlier performances eg at Wasps making them vulnerable? Otherwise it’s largely rugby results not committee decisions that have determined the standings. At this stage it’s 16 from 24 so you have to have underperformed significantly or simply not have been good enough.

Mind you I’d have preferred BB to have turned up to play us. Was looking forward to it.
Totally agree, even without Toulouse there are still some quality outfits Leinster, Racing, etc. As for BB I would like to think we would have got a TBP and increased our points difference anyway
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Grimlish wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:21 pm By default? Hardly. You can only beat the team in front of you and there still are 5 games (four rounds) before we’ve had a chance to best the remaining 15 other teams.

I was looking forward to this one, but over the last few years we should all have got used to disappointment. So many plans gone by the wayside. In the rugby sphere, it's time to be philosophical and enjoy the ride. There are some mouth-watering contests ahead, so, glass half-full, enjoy this afternoon's demolition of Bath, and move on.

However, outside the covid-affected stuff, I reserve the right to have a proper moan if I feel like it!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….