SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: 2022 Premiership Final on ITV

Post by Scott1 »

Sale v Leicester on ITV too,nice!
In a perfect world the games do great viewing numbers and when the contract is up for renewal in 2 years ITV put a bid in,one can dream ay
Last edited by Scott1 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Also...

ITV’s first live game will see Sale Sharks playing host to the Premiership pacesetters Leicester Tigers on 30 January.

Shame there is no Durds with Flats on the highlights show - they were great together.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ourla wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:41 am Also...

ITV’s first live game will see Sale Sharks playing host to the Premiership pacesetters Leicester Tigers on 30 January.

Shame there is no Durds with Flats on the highlights show - they were great together.
Flatman and Ojo(who is very good) will be running the highlights show from next season
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

...and Durden Smith according to the Times
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:50 am ...and Durden Smith according to the Times
Excellent!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Good all round,roll on next season!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Perhaps time to cancel my BT Sports sub?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerCam wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:16 pm Perhaps time to cancel my BT Sports sub?
Why,it’s only 7 games per season for 2 years and a highlights package. But after the 2 years maybe ITV go in for it. And if DAZN buy BT Sport,they might not want to keep the rugby,who knows what their plans are? I’d hold tight for now mate
bendy

Post by bendy »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:19 pm
TigerCam wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:16 pm Perhaps time to cancel my BT Sports sub?
Why,it’s only 7 games per season for 2 years and a highlights package. But after the 2 years maybe ITV go in for it. And if DAZN buy BT Sport,they might not want to keep the rugby,who knows what their plans are? I’d hold tight for now mate
Not to mention you won't get the HCC/ECC on ITV (yet) either. Like the man Scott says, we're stuck paying for the coverage for a while yet.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

And to be fair to BT they have radically improved the coverage since they started, gave us free games during lock down and cover every European match. They deserve a lot of credit
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Premiership Rugby say that they want as many bods on sofas to watch the games. I would love and subscribe to a dedicated rugby channel. I only have BT sport for rugby, don't watch anything else especially wendyball. What bugs me with BT Sport is that they do not televise all Prem games on the day, giving the 'subscriber' an option as they did during lockdown. So if the Tigers are not on the BT schedule then you wait for Premiership Rugby TV to show the game. I get the AI on Prime, 6N on BBC/ITV. At £17.50 per month BT Sport, for me, is getting 'watered down' bit by bit.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

TigerCam wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:21 pm
Premiership Rugby say that they want as many bods on sofas to watch the games. I would love and subscribe to a dedicated rugby channel. I only have BT sport for rugby, don't watch anything else especially wendyball. What bugs me with BT Sport is that they do not televise all Prem games on the day, giving the 'subscriber' an option as they did during lockdown. So if the Tigers are not on the BT schedule then you wait for Premiership Rugby TV to show the game. I get the AI on Prime, 6N on BBC/ITV. At £17.50 per month BT Sport, for me, is getting 'watered down' bit by bit.
BT 9% price increase as of March - ouch!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

bendy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:30 pm
Not to mention you won't get the HCC/ECC on ITV (yet) either. Like the man Scott says, we're stuck paying for the coverage for a while yet.
That's been on channel 4 for at leas two years if not three or four.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sk 88 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 pm
bendy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:30 pm

That's been on channel 4 for at leas two years if not three or four.
Only one game per round though,he’s talking about it as a package. Why would you get rid of BT Sport with every HC game for just one on Channel 4? That’s his point I believe