:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Hehehehehehehehe
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Lord of the Mauls

Post by trendylfj »

Radwan rumour - 2 quotes om the Falcon's fans zone
i see the silly season rumour mill is out in full force already....

Radwan has been talking to the Tigers?

Silly Season...or could there be some truth...?
[quoteI think it’s just people talking rubbish, isn’t his contract till next season anyway? ][/quote]
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yeh nothing from sources I trust.

Although considering Falcons withheld England payments who knows what the contract situation is like.

Or if Radwan doesn’t have a optional extra year left.

Both Genge and Ford had a year left on their contracts but both chooses not to invoke it.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

If we can swing below cap wise then the backs will be looking fantastic.

Out - Taute, Kobus, Socino

In - A starting XV wing (Radwan would be a dream) and two squad centres (Gopperth and Steff Hughes have been linked)
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I could see this happening. He’s not been picked by England this week and must be disgruntled by the way Falcons have handled the test fees.

Scott and Moroni have said the coaching and environment is first class at Tigers. Radwan knows he could thrive here and get right back in the shop window for England.

Unfortunately I could see Murimurivalu having to make way for this to happen though.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:46 pm I could see this happening. He’s not been picked by England this week and must be disgruntled by the way Falcons have handled the test fees.

Scott and Moroni have said the coaching and environment is first class at Tigers. Radwan knows he could thrive here and get right back in the shop window for England.

Unfortunately I could see Murimurivalu having to make way for this to happen though.
Hope not,and I'm sure the wages of KVW,Olowafella and SAR would cover Radwans contract
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

When we suggest that the wages of departing (or possibly departing) players can fund a recruitment we should not forget that the cap is being dramatically reduced so wage economies are necessary. Having said that Radwan is the type of player we could really do with in our squad, genuine pace and at Welford Road he showed that he was not afraid to tackle, he is young and is still improving, with him and Potter we would have a threat on both wings backed up by Nadolo and others, very exciting, IF true.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:48 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:46 pm I could see this happening. He’s not been picked by England this week and must be disgruntled by the way Falcons have handled the test fees.

Hope not,and I'm sure the wages of KVW,Olowafella and SAR would cover Radwans contract
Players wages don't count towards the cap unless they play in the season so doubt SAR or Olowafela's salaries are "free cap" space
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:35 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:48 pm

Players wages don't count towards the cap unless they play in the season so doubt SAR or Olowafela's salaries are "free cap" space
Thanks TFS 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Am now worried about Reffell's continued future at the club after Pivac's comments about not selecting him as he plays in England. Unless England decides to pick him very soon, I can see him returning to Wales in order to enhance his international aspirations.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... s-22803905
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

trendylfj wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:10 pm Am now worried about Reffell's continued future at the club after Pivac's comments about not selecting him as he plays in England. Unless England decides to pick him very soon, I can see him returning to Wales in order to enhance his international aspirations.

Tough choice,going back doesn’t guarantee getting picked. Grass isn’t always greener and there’s a production line of Welsh 7s. Feel for him if he’s ever forced into a choice
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

trendylfj wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:10 pm Am now worried about Reffell's continued future at the club after Pivac's comments about not selecting him as he plays in England. Unless England decides to pick him very soon, I can see him returning to Wales in order to enhance his international aspirations.

ISTR Costelow went to Wales on a promise.... Tommy would do well to reflect on that :smt023
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Or we need to get him to sign long term..

I think it Wales or bust for him, he has been exceptional this season, but it's his misfortune & Tigers luck that he plays in a position where Wales have multiple options.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Only really Scarlets left that need a 7 and they stink currently.

If I was him I would either want guarantee selection or would wait and see if Pivac gets fired post RWC.
Let's put it this way
Wales are missing
Botham
Tipuric
Navidi
and he was still a 50/50 call with Morgan
You also have Young moving back for RWC selection.

Personally if I was Tom I wouldn't target Wales until after the RWC when Tips and Navidi are likely to leave Wales rugby to play in a competitive team in France or money in Japan.

Interesting that Biggar is captain despite missing all these training sessions.......................
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

fentiger wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:15 pm

ISTR Costelow went to Wales on a promise.... Tommy would do well to reflect on that :smt023
Costelow is a interesting one
Same age group as Steward, Martin, JVP, Whitcombe rated as being one of the most promising in that group.

So far this season in his starts
Beat Lions 36-13
Then
Pumped by Munster 43-13
Pumped by Leinster 50-15 and hooked at half time
Pumped by Bordeux 45-10 hooked at half time