Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Scott1 »

France 42 man squad

FRANCE 2022 GUINNESS SIX NATIONS SQUAD
FORWARDS (23): Gregory Alldritt, Uini Atonio, Cyril Baille, Demba Bamba, Gaetan Barlot, Daniel Bibi Biziwu, Dylan Cretin, Francois Cros, Ibrahim Diallo, Thibaud Flament, Jean-Baptiste Gros, Mohamed Haouas, Anthony Jelonch, Bernard Le Roux, Sekou Macalou, Julien Marchand, Peato Mauvaka, Yoan Tanga, Romain Taofifenua, Florent Vanverberghe, Florian Verhaeghe, Paul Willemse, Cameron Woki;

BACKS (19): Leo Berdeu, Baptiste Couilloud, Jonathan Danty, Brice Dulin, Antoine Dupont, Jules Favre, Gael Fickou, Antoine Hastoy, Melvyn Jaminet, Matthis Lebel, Maxime Lucu, Yoram Moefana, Romain Ntamack, Damian Penaud, Thomas Ramos, Teddy Thomas, Virimi Vakatawa, Tani Vili, Gabin Villiere.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Hard to argue that France aren't favourites, such a strong squad. I wouldn't put any of my own money on them winning the 6N though...
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:24 pm Hard to argue that France aren't favourites, such a strong squad. I wouldn't put any of my own money on them winning the 6N though...
Don't think there will be a slam,could come down to the last weekend. Think England will lose to Scotland but pick up a LBP.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:28 am Isiekwe is more hard done by than Wells.
Agree
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:46 pm
WildGoose wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:27 pm Probably designed to get him to keep a sock in it!
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:21 pm Biggar to captain Wales while “The Warrior” is out. Strange call really with his gob because if he gets on the refs wrong side he’s had it
Good point! He’s a top,top player and seems okay off the pitch,he’s just a nightmare on it. As bad as any footballer,although Wales have a few tbh when it comes to refs. I can’t think of a worse international team when it comes to that
Good assessment. We’re very much a blight on the sport.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:26 pm
Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:24 pm Hard to argue that France aren't favourites, such a strong squad. I wouldn't put any of my own money on them winning the 6N though...
Don't think there will be a slam,could come down to the last weekend. Think England will lose to Scotland but pick up a LBP.
England will either be 2-3 or 3-2
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:56 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:26 pm
England will either be 2-3 or 3-2
Yes ,could lose to Scotland and France. We will beat Italy,Ireland and Wales though.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Chris Foy's take on George F's not being in Eddie's squad...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/rugbyle ... d=msedgntp
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sorry to be a pain but I’ve seen it in multiple articles. The 6N doesn’t start a week Saturday,it’s the week after! None of these articles being proofread?
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Farrell in after not playing since November and the twice Premiership player of the month isn't included - he's gone full Eddie there.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Some curious selections to and omissions from the England squad. But as a selfish Tigers supporter, I'm quite happy to have the most recent premiership player of the month playing for Tigers rather than England.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

…how far have we come in 18 months though?
Freddie, Heyes and Chessum have made a huge impact for us …Dolly, Martin, JVP, Reffell (England tbc) , Kelly and Whitcombe have been massive too …add our stalwarts of the Youngs, Wells, Ford and Cole and we up make up the majority of our national team
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Plenty of people are suggesting that Slade should play 12. It worked well against South Africa, but I can’t remember how well he played there in previous performances for England?

With a midfield of Smith, Slade, Marchant you probably need some heft elsewhere in the back line. A back three of Hassell-Collins, Steward, and Nowell is pretty solid and offers some carrying options. Dombrandt is also used by Quins to carry in midfield. It works well off front foot ball, but can he tidy up scraps?
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

No6_Flanker wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:19 pm Plenty of people are suggesting that Slade should play 12. It worked well against South Africa, but I can’t remember how well he played there in previous performances for England?

With a midfield of Smith, Slade, Marchant you probably need some heft elsewhere in the back line. A back three of Hassell-Collins, Steward, and Nowell is pretty solid and offers some carrying options. Dombrandt is also used by Quins to carry in midfield. It works well off front foot ball, but can he tidy up scraps?
I'm guessing that this is if Farrell is unfit to play. Eddie has said that if Faz is fit, he plays and is captain. Or maybe Eddie will test Faz's versatility and play him in the back row, like Kini :smt003
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Apparently Smith needs Farrell to run the game for him!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60050912