GP OTHER GAMES WEEKEND 07 JANUARY 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: GP OTHER GAMES WEEKEND 07 JANUARY 2022

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

For me it was a red and a yellow. Without Hepburn Simmonds likely picks him above horizontal but unlikely to be a spear onto his head. For me Simmonds was out of control but not a red.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Chiefs dislike or not,double red all day! Hope Simmonds gets cited
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

LittleBigG wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:32 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:09 pm
old one eye wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:02 pm I’m watching Quinn’s vExeter game running about 30 mins late.
Decisions all going Quinn’s way, Tempest seems blind to any Quinn’s infringements.
Which is why I swayed to wanting Exeter to clinch it, despite thinking they should have had a second red card. Decisions made, or not made, by the officiating team were quite one way, IMO.
To be fair if they were down to 13 for an entire half it would have been a rout! One missing is a hole... two is a :censored: chasm!
Self inflicted though, I'd rather have a safe and fair judgement for player welfare than one tempered for the sake of entertainment. 2 reds for me.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Disappointing Tempest didnt ping exeter for offside at the ruck, every time they formed a caterpillar, those in the caterpillar where running forward and chasing the kick as soon as the scrum half had kicked it
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

A reason to ban the caterpillar (along with the crab). Yes I am an old fart.

So bring back the Maori shuffle and may I suggest the longer stud sir 😇, a little self regulation (capt slaps his own player round the back of the head for giving a stupid free kick, ) and remind ourselves it's a contact sport.

Now let's stuff the insects COYT
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:53 pm Looking back, Quins' turnover (Esterhuizen) should/could have been an Exeter penalty as he went beyond the ball, also possibly knocked it on but all Academical (sic - Flatman) which goes to show, correct decisions don't matter....
Agreed.. that's exactly what I thought and I was waiting for the TMO to chip in but guess he'd already knocked off for the day..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:09 pm
old one eye wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:02 pm I’m watching Quinn’s vExeter game running about 30 mins late.
Decisions all going Quinn’s way, Tempest seems blind to any Quinn’s infringements.
Which is why I swayed to wanting Exeter to clinch it, despite thinking they should have had a second red card. Decisions made, or not made, by the officiating team were quite one way, IMO.
Yep decisions seemed very one-sided today. Better team won and had any of the previous 3 crossfield kicks worked or if Green hadn't butchered 2 tries they would have been out of sight.. shame Exeter missed their conversion as a draw would have been ideal
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:50 pm Gloc beat Sarries!
Just watched the highlights.. Lozowski missed 2 kicks in the final 10 minutes, one of which was a sitter so Sarries threw that away thankfully. Makes Quins and Saints winning a little more palatable.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:21 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:53 pm Looking back, Quins' turnover (Esterhuizen) should/could have been an Exeter penalty as he went beyond the ball, also possibly knocked it on but all Academical (sic - Flatman) which goes to show, correct decisions don't matter....
Agreed.. that's exactly what I thought and I was waiting for the TMO to chip in but guess he'd already knocked off for the day..
Probably told Tempo to advise Esterhuizen not to do it again after the fact, like he did with Chisholm dropping off an in progress scrum and driving into Exeter.... bizarre really and yet more selective application of laws.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:37 pm
Probably told Tempo to advise Esterhuizen not to do it again after the fact, like he did with Chisholm dropping off an in progress scrum and driving into Exeter.... bizarre really and yet more selective application of laws.
The call for dropping off would have come from the AR…..the TMO would only advise foul play.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:29 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:37 pm

The call for dropping off would have come from the AR…..the TMO would only advise foul play.
The TMO (sure it was as you don't always hear the ARs so clearly) came in after Quins had been awarded a penalty at the scrum (but in plenty of time for Ref to view it) and advised Ref to tell Chisholm not to detach early / stay bound in future.

To be clear, it wasn't an 'at the time' call, as you'd expect from an AR, it was in the officials chat and aftermath of Quins getting a penalty.

It wouldn't be the first or only time a TMO has chirped in for other, non foul play offences I'm sure, and it also begs the question, what was the AR doing / looking at as it certainly wasn't Chisholm's (lack of) bind.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

loretta wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:40 pm Self inflicted though, I'd rather have a safe and fair judgement for player welfare than one tempered for the sake of entertainment. 2 reds for me.
Oh, I 100% agree with you should have been two reds - this is textbook definition of what the cards are for! This is probably the worst "rugby" incident test I've seen since "that" one on BOD (not included scumbag Clarke because that was just pure, calculated thuggery)

Oh, and two reds and a rout would have been entertainment for me (and Scott1 😄)

Should be 12 weeks for Hepburn and 6 (being generous! reduced to 3 for no previous) for Simmonds imo!

Just watching a replay (with sound on!) and realised that Ugo also mentioned that Lions tour! (Though I disagree with his comment about Simmonds technique - he lifted Marler's leg too!)

Great result for Gloucester too!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Could argue that Simmonds actions were worse if anything,looked like Hepburn pulled his leg above the horizontal but Simmons drove him into the ground.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Hepburn deliberately lifts and drops Marler, landing on his head. Simmonds tackle was escalated to the lift and drop by Hepburn. Possibly a yellow for Simmonds if Hepburn had not gone fully through with his actions.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:20 pm Hepburn deliberately lifts and drops Marler, landing on his head. Simmonds tackle was escalated to the lift and drop by Hepburn. Possibly a yellow for Simmonds if Hepburn had not gone fully through with his actions.
He went through with it though,and Simmonds has a duty of care. He followed through and drove him down. If he doesn’t get retrospective punishment it’s a joke