Connacht (A) - 15th January 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Connacht (A) - 15th January 2022

Post by moorsman1 »

Just been informed by Ryanair that they've switched my return flight from the Sunday to the Monday. Whilst this could be manageable, does anyone know if /how Connacht are going to organise their ticket allocation from sold out (capacity 8,150 odd) down to the 5000 allowed in under new Irish covid rules?
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Connacht (A) - 15th January 2022

Post by TigerCam »

We had planned to go out from Gatwick Friday - Sunday - no flight change there but with the bars etc shutting at 20:00 and restricted numbers at the game, we decided to scrub the trip. Didn't fancy staring at hotel walls instead of having a good criac.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
LtPigeon
Tiger Cub

Post by LtPigeon »

Because of Covid restrictions in Ireland (max 50% of capacity), Connacht have had to cancel all tickets bought in the General Sale - expect refunds for those who were intending on going to Galway!
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

LtPigeon wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:38 pm Because of Covid restrictions in Ireland (max 50% of capacity), Connacht have had to cancel all tickets bought in the General Sale - expect refunds for those who were intending on going to Galway!
Can you tell me where you have seen this - the Connacht website is still selling tickets for the game on line?
LtPigeon
Tiger Cub

Post by LtPigeon »

TigerXV wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:50 pm
LtPigeon wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:38 pm Because of Covid restrictions in Ireland (max 50% of capacity), Connacht have had to cancel all tickets bought in the General Sale - expect refunds for those who were intending on going to Galway!
Can you tell me where you have seen this - the Connacht website is still selling tickets for the game on line?
Received the following email from Connacht Rugby as I was due to go to the game.

"We have an important update regarding your match ticket(s) for the following game:

Connacht v Leicester Tigers, Saturday 15th January @ 15:15

Unfortunately we do not expect the current 50% capacity restrictions at Irish stadiums to be lifted in time for this fixture.

Therefore we very disappointed to inform you that all General Sale match tickets for this game have been cancelled. A full refund will be issued to the card you bought your ticket(s) with in the next 10 working days.

We share in your frustration and disappointment at this news, but we have no other choice and must follow Government guidelines.

We thank you for your initial purchase, and please do consider coming to a Connacht Rugby game in the future when restrictions have eased."

Suggest anyone who are intending to go to Galway, and have not yet received this email, should contact Connacht Rugby to verify their own situation
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

LtPigeon wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:59 pm
TigerXV wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:50 pm
Received the following email from Connacht Rugby as I was due to go to the game.

"We have an important update regarding your match ticket(s) for the following game:

Connacht v Leicester Tigers, Saturday 15th January @ 15:15

Unfortunately we do not expect the current 50% capacity restrictions at Irish stadiums to be lifted in time for this fixture.

Therefore we very disappointed to inform you that all General Sale match tickets for this game have been cancelled. A full refund will be issued to the card you bought your ticket(s) with in the next 10 working days.

We share in your frustration and disappointment at this news, but we have no other choice and must follow Government guidelines.

We thank you for your initial purchase, and please do consider coming to a Connacht Rugby game in the future when restrictions have eased."

Suggest anyone who are intending to go to Galway, and have not yet received this email, should contact Connacht Rugby to verify their own situation
Just received our email :smt022
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Excuse my ignorance but does this mean no Tigers supporters will be allowed to buy tickets for this game? Thanks
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
LtPigeon
Tiger Cub

Post by LtPigeon »

That is my understanding - no visiting supporters.
Details are now on the Tigers website.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

It begs the question is only selling tickets to home fans permissable in the european champions cup competition ? As it is completely unsporting to exclude visiting club supporters???
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

I think the limit on tickets is Connacht season ticket holders only but no general ticket sales to either home or away fans
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerXV wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:22 pm I think the limit on tickets is Connacht season ticket holders only but no general ticket sales to either home or away fans
Strikes me as plain wrong but I guess if I was a Connacht Season Ticket holder I would be miffed if I could not secure my seat. If Connacht have sold 5000 season ticket holders that is some achievement!
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:27 pm
TigerXV wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:22 pm I think the limit on tickets is Connacht season ticket holders only but no general ticket sales to either home or away fans
Strikes me as plain wrong but I guess if I was a Connacht Season Ticket holder I would be miffed if I could not secure my seat. If Connacht have sold 5000 season ticket holders that is some achievement!
I am certainly miffed! I believe their capacity is 8100K so under Irish COVID rules max capacity is going to be 50% of that which could be feasible for season ticket numbers - however it should have been possible to work out which general purchasers either home or away should be allowed in to get up to 50% capacity - I would have thought tickets bought by purchase date would have been an easy way!
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I remember some years ago, when the capacity at Welford road was 16800 ish, the Tigers having to ask season ticket holders to give up their tickets to away supporters (Munster or Leinster I think) to comply with the allocation rules in the European competition.

Do those rules still apply?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

old one eye wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:40 am I remember some years ago, when the capacity at Welford road was 16800 ish, the Tigers having to ask season ticket holders to give up their tickets to away supporters (Munster or Leinster I think) to comply with the allocation rules in the European competition.

Do those rules still apply?
I believe that was a requirement for the knockout stages of the competition.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk