Wise Hearing

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ashurstwoodtiger

Wise Hearing

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

He got 2 week ban misses Newcastle and Wasps.
RFU Short Judgement Form can be found on englandrugby.com and search for disciplinary Wiese's pdf is 4th one down

Sorry can't seem to provide link
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by tigerburnie »

Is that Ernie Wise...............................?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

2 game ban?! Becoming a liability now
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:56 pm 2 game ban?! Becoming a liability now
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm starting to think the same. That's at least three times this year that we've agreed with one another, Scott. 2021 has indeed been a strange year 😂
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I’m sure things will be back to normal in 2022 ! 🤣😳🙄…not long to wait now ! Longivethecrumbie
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:08 pm
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm starting to think the same. That's at least three times this year that we've agreed with one another, Scott. 2021 has indeed been a strange year 😂
Hahaha 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Refs are understandably (although that doesn't make it right,) becoming prejudiced and watching him closely. Can't remember his exact words, but recall the ref uttering something that gave the impression of ' quell surprise' when he sent him off against Briz. He has a target on his back now and opposition players will target him also, and milk any heavy contact. Damaged goods. It will be interesting to see how sinfield and borthwick man manage him now.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Presume the Red Card from Last Season counted against him.

Also at this time of year the posh biscuits aren't such a treat.....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Still of the opinion he's 100% worth the occasional ban, also its not like he's been punching people or taking peoples heads off this season so he is improving :smt005
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

He is becoming a bit of a liability, but I also thought Sheedy was doing a bit too much rolling around considering he wasn't showing any effects when he popped up to take the penalty a minute or so later.....
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

https://www.englandrugby.com//dxdam/a5/ ... final).pdf

The Panel determined that the appropriate entry point was 2 weeks. This is because the 3 yellow cards were for similar matters
and within a 6 week period. The Player was entitled to some mitigation on account of his plea and the other mitigation set out
above therefore 1 week was deducted. However, an additional week was added on to reflect his poor previous record.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:47 pm https://www.englandrugby.com//dxdam/a5/ ... final).pdf

The Player was entitled to some mitigation on account of his plea and the other mitigation set out above therefore 1 week was deducted. However, an additional week was added on to reflect his poor previous record.
Who wrote that last bit? Ronnie Barker?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It took some time for Genge to see the light so I'm sure he will get better in this department with good guidance. Without the foul play he is a great player.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Noggs wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:37 pm It took some time for Genge to see the light so I'm sure he will get better in this department with good guidance. Without the foul play he is a great player.
Isn’t there a bit of a Mandela Effect about Genge though? I don’t really recall many yellow cards ,happy to be corrected though
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:40 pm
Noggs wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:37 pm It took some time for Genge to see the light so I'm sure he will get better in this department with good guidance. Without the foul play he is a great player.
Isn’t there a bit of a Mandela Effect about Genge though? I don’t really recall many yellow cards ,happy to be corrected though
Scott ~ Please explain " a bit of a Mandela Effect about Genge though!" Are you linking him to the past South Africa incidents?, Black Lives Matter?, Taking the knee ~ a symbolic gesture against racism?, raising awareness of injustice? or his links to Bristol and the past events there.
To me Gengie is a great respected Tiger and our Captain who should not be compared to anyone else, especially within the three C's. He will depart at the end of the season unfortunately but "Once a Tiger Always a Tiger " :smt027
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!