Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: New Salary Cap Breach?

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:17 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:08 pm Let’s hope it’s not serious,or our reputation is trashed! Especially after Sarries indiscretions. We have to expect the same grief that they have had,after all most on here (including myself) have been constantly rubbing it in. Let’s see what happens
Salarycens and Lie-cester Tigers.. I can see it now! Tabloids with have a field day and I bet most clubs are hoping we are found guilty to de-rail our current success but whether guilty or not what we have to remember is it’s nothing to do with the current set up. What SB has built will still be there and (assuming no hefty fines are imposed) and hopefully whatever happens won’t change the fact this current coaching setup and group of players are performing exceptionally well
Wonder what happens then if those who transgressed are no longer here? Would it be fair to still deduct points or fine the club? Could those who transgressed be individually targeted instead? Just hope it doesn’t drag on and on
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Fans already say same old Tigers always cheating so that won't change at least.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:22 pm Wonder what happens then if those who transgressed are no longer here? Would it be fair to still deduct points or fine the club? Could those who transgressed be individually targeted instead? Just hope it doesn’t drag on and on
If the club transgressed then the club would be charged and the club would be punished. Comings and goings of employees are irrelevant.

Worth pointing out that the Chairman of Leicester Tigers has been the same for over 20 years - he's at the top of the pile and he has responsibility for everything the club does. If Nigel Wray is to take the blame for Sarries' transgressions, then Tom must take the same level of blame if Tigers are found to have transgressed.

I doubt we'll have any points deductions this season - didn't the Sarries investigation take the best part of a year?
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I see that Simon Cohan mentioned on here as the Chief Executive Officer(CEO), but wasn't Ian Walker Chief Finance Director (CFO) & for a short period during the B.O.D changes, Fintan Kennedy was Interim Finance Director (IFO).
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

I'm appalled.

I sincerely hope the investigation isn't drawn out because we now have to tread water, entertaining the possibility that our leaders were, in fact, no better than Nigel Wray all along.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Worth finding the details of the Sarries verdict as well as the current set of penalties (£ and points) which could be imposed for some context. Both are online. Worst case, if guilty, I hope that any breach(s) for Tigers fall below the threshold for points deduction, are not across multiple years, and we have had no prior warnings. But who knows...

What is sad is that whatever the reality of what actually happened, this has got into the public domain at just the worst time and will be damaging because of that :smt011
Last edited by markharbtiger on Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

If it’s historical overspending, one look at the quality of our team pre-Borthwick, how on Earth were we even near the cap let alone over it. May, Youngs (B), Ford, Tuillagi (mitigated by injury dispensations) Cole and an up and coming Genge aside where was the money going?
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

TigerFeetSteve: we just don't know who reported anything...
But mol2 I'm not sure we have a grasp of actual player salaries so who knows re cap.

What I do know is this has ruined my day :smt022
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Same here, has left a sour taste.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

If found guilty we must deal with the consequences. It will shake my faith in the club to its core.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Tigers86asw wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:57 pm If found guilty we must deal with the consequences. It will shake my faith in the club to its core.
Even if the people responsible are no longer here ?
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Worth noting that the current sanctions for an over £200k breach is 50 points sanction, that would leave us 9 points behind Bath so on current form we wouldn't end bottom
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

At this moment in time all we know is that an investigation is taking place and it is Tigers that have confirmed it. Innocent until proven guilty….Tigers being. Plc, unlike other clubs, will have its accounts scrutinised and open to all shareholders. Insinuating people to have been involved in wrong doing when nothing has been proven is not advisable at this time. I am sure that it will all become alot clearer in time. Tigers did not have to make it known.
If there have been wrongdoings, then the appropriate penalty must be applied.
Lets hope it is completed soon and does not drag out.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:24 pm Worth noting that the current sanctions for an over £200k breach is 50 points sanction, that would leave us 9 points behind Bath so on current form we wouldn't end bottom
Are you sure? The numbers quoted here https://twitter.com/crootmatt/status/14 ... 21769?s=21 suggest you are a long way off.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:45 am Worldwide Image Management, incorporated 1999, insolvent Feb 2021. Based in Derby, run by John Jeffs, J Paige. Also known as Greatdray Ltd.
If third party payments made, when and who authorised important. Big fine.
Justin Paige is also director of.....

Croft Original Ltd
Ollie Smith Ltd
Geordan Murphy Ltd

All of course Image rights companies with previous players as directors