BRISTOL (A) - 26th December 2021 - 2-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: BRISTOL (A) - 26th December 2021 - 2-00pm

Post by fentiger »

Sheedy appears on the same list as Earl in my book, both complete numpties with no class!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

fentiger wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:08 pm Sheedy appears on the same list as Earl in my book, both complete numpties with no class!
I'm with you
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

fentiger wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:08 pm Sheedy appears on the same list as Earl in my book, both complete numpties with no class!
His smirk when they got the scrum in the 78th min was annoying, was particularly glad he didn't have it at the end of the game
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yeah Sheedys got one of those faces only a mother would love
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:27 pm
His smirk when they got the scrum in the 78th min was annoying, was particularly glad he didn't have it at the end of the game
He had his face in the turf, which made me chuckle no end
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:30 pm Yeah Sheedys got one of those faces only a mother would love
:smt023 a face for radio? :smt044
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

😂👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

ourla wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:00 pm
Pellsey wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:31 am
ourla wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:25 am Kicking a lot is what has got us to 10 and O.
Coming from an ex-fly half, there is definitely nothing wrong with kicking! I just felt that yesterday, we had an over-reliance on it, and we could have mixed it up a little more.There were many times when we could have, and arguably, should have run the ball. One example would be in the second half after a great run by Wiese, Fordy kicked the ball out in the full, when there were players available.
On the commentary I remember them saying that Bristol players had all got sucked in and we had them outnumbered wide but Ford stuck to the game plan and kicked. So in that regard yes, there were the odd occasions were we could/should have run rather than kicked. All I am saying is that overall the plan is working very well and yes by all means let's look at (more) occasions where we can deviate but overall we doing pretty good. Must always strive for a bit better of course.
Completely agree!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Pellsey wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:58 pm
ourla wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:00 pm
Pellsey wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:31 am

Coming from an ex-fly half, there is definitely nothing wrong with kicking! I just felt that yesterday, we had an over-reliance on it, and we could have mixed it up a little more.There were many times when we could have, and arguably, should have run the ball. One example would be in the second half after a great run by Wiese, Fordy kicked the ball out in the full, when there were players available.
On the commentary I remember them saying that Bristol players had all got sucked in and we had them outnumbered wide but Ford stuck to the game plan and kicked. So in that regard yes, there were the odd occasions were we could/should have run rather than kicked. All I am saying is that overall the plan is working very well and yes by all means let's look at (more) occasions where we can deviate but overall we doing pretty good. Must always strive for a bit better of course.
Completely agree!
Just to add, we've not been back to winning long, can we please lay off calling for style at least for a while as the clamour for style while we were winning before was a harbinger of the banter years...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

I still can't understand that last refereeing decision. The player who leapt for the ball clearly knocked it forward deliberately, then the Bristol player who eventually picked it up was in an offside position. Surely that's a penalty for either offence, not a scrum. In the end it didn't matter, but I just can't get my head round it. Any comments ?
Ancient Mariner
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

ancientmariner wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:02 pm I still can't understand that last refereeing decision. The player who leapt for the ball clearly knocked it forward deliberately, then the Bristol player who eventually picked it up was in an offside position. Surely that's a penalty for either offence, not a scrum. In the end it didn't matter, but I just can't get my head round it. Any comments ?

Piatau knocked it back into play forward and was the player to reclaim the ball…..if it had been any other Bristol player it would have been a penalty.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

As Tigerbeat says, Piatau picked up his own knock on. Some of the other players were yelling "Don't pick it up" at team mates and urging Piatau forward. The referee then ruled accidental knock on.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

Thanks folks.
Ancient Mariner
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:12 pm As Tigerbeat says, Piatau picked up his own knock on. Some of the other players were yelling "Don't pick it up" at team mates and urging Piatau forward. The referee then ruled accidental knock on.
I thought he landed on the line? Therefore out of play. Therefore line out?

So it all should have been irrelevant anyway.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Big Dai wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:43 pm
Old Hob wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:12 pm As Tigerbeat says, Piatau picked up his own knock on. Some of the other players were yelling "Don't pick it up" at team mates and urging Piatau forward. The referee then ruled accidental knock on.
I thought he landed on the line? Therefore out of play. Therefore line out?

So it all should have been irrelevant anyway.
He was deemed to have kept the ball in play but it went forward.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk