Genge leaving

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Genge leaving

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Bristol, Genge and Lam have managed to make Sanderson look classy!

Great job.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Agree with Tigercam. Drop him - especially against Bristol. Don’t play him for the rest of the season and let him see how that affects his fitness, his England place and more. What a muppet - I really liked him but this is just completely out of order
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Anyway he’s dead to us now having read through the thread :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

So who replaces him?
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

Whilst the decision makes no sense and the video is in very poor taste, I absolutely believe he will give 100 percent until the end of the season. After all, Steve could be his boss again one day!! I'd be tempted to give him 20 mins at the weekend to show what he can do. Getting on his back will only help the opposition but I did think better of him.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Genge is getting some barbed remarks on Twitter but is replying very politely. He appears to accept that it was ill judged and not released at a good time but fully commits to giving his all on the pitch and did not intend it to cause all this.
Lets see how Borthwick and co handle it.

Quote- Upon on reflection I see why the fans are angry - again I apologise and did not mean for it to come across that way.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Like most others, I am disappointed in the fact that the video was released but unlike many, if SB determines that he is the best option he should be played regardless of the opposition. I would not let him go early but would try to ensure that we get value for every penny of his salary. Like Ford, he is reputed to have taken a drop in salary to move but to be fair to him, he has always hinted that he wanted to return to Bristol where his heart is. The reaction of the crowd will be interesting when he leaves the field assuming he is selected.
Hehehehehehehehe
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:31 pmHe appears to accept that it was ill judged and not released at a good time but fully commits to giving his all on the pitch and did not intend it to cause all this.
Sorry but all I read there is Blah, Blah, Blah.

He and Bristol will/must have advisors, PR pukes, he/they must have known the level of response it would generate. They're either stupid (naive at best) or simply do not give a toss - and I believe it is the latter.

It is always easy to express regret/remorse when you've been caught out.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Here, here Whitecap
It truly saddens me
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

CJ wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 pm Agree with Tigercam. Drop him - especially against Bristol. Don’t play him for the rest of the season and let him see how that affects his fitness, his England place and more. What a muppet - I really liked him but this is just completely out of order
I agree 100% with you but, if dropped I would not be surprised to see him sitting in the crowd with a Bristol hat on. Such is the level of contempt I strongly believe he holds the club in (I include the supporters in that).
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chipnchase wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:30 pm Anyway he’s dead to us now having read through the thread :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

So who replaces him?
Against Connacht? Van Wyk. Next season? I’d go for Ben Moon until Whitcombe is ready
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Blimey Scott ! I actually agree with you !!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

KiwiTig wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:45 pm Blimey Scott ! I actually agree with you !!
It does happen now and then 😂👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Stronger together
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

I'm sure he will play but he cannot lead the team. Sorry to sound like a broken record but I'll be disgusted if he keeps the captaincy. I actually cannot believe this.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:31 pm Genge is getting some barbed remarks on Twitter but is replying very politely. He appears to accept that it was ill judged and not released at a good time but fully commits to giving his all on the pitch and did not intend it to cause all this.
Lets see how Borthwick and co handle it.

Quote- Upon on reflection I see why the fans are angry - again I apologise and did not mean for it to come across that way.
Well so he should, further more as a current Tigers player let alone Captain how and why on earth has the club sanctioned him appearing in a video filmed at another clubs grounds showing him signing a contract with them for next season and for the release of the video now ? If the club has not sanctioned it, what if anything do they intend to do about it?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity