Genge leaving

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Genge leaving

Post by Scott1 »

anz3001 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:10 pm “I cannot express how grateful I am to all my teammates, coaches and fans at Welford Road.”

And to show just how grateful, I’m going to do a promo vid of the signing and shaking hands with Lam, mid season, a few days before I’m due to lead them out in Europe.

Vids can wait until the end of the seasons, surely. Classless imo.
Yes,not good that. Disrespectful!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
bendy

Post by bendy »

If you're Borthwick watching him doing videos with Lam, do you start Genge on Boxing Day?

I'm not sure I would.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

bendy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:14 pm If you're Borthwick watching him doing videos with Lam, do you start Genge on Boxing Day?

I'm not sure I would.
I'd be tempted not to start him at all. Judging by his past couple of games his head is not there.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

anz3001 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:10 pm “I cannot express how grateful I am to all my teammates, coaches and fans at Welford Road.”

And to show just how grateful, I’m going to do a promo vid of the signing and shaking hands with Lam, mid season, a few days before I’m due to lead them out in Europe.

Vids can wait until the end of the seasons, surely. Classless imo.
This could have waited the fact that he chose to do it now seems to me he has already gone mentally .
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
manxleigh

Post by manxleigh »

Well I’ll say it. After that video, I never want to see him in a Tigers shirt again. Strip him of the captaincy immediately. Vanity personified. I’d let him go now and take his lack of class with him. Sorry, but at least George has kept his head down.
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Ford fair play to him didn’t make much of it. Sanderson did a lot of talking but that was about it.

Genge has done a full on photo shoot, that could’ve waited really till after the season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I would go Cole,Heyes,Van Wyk,Ladygaga now this week.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Well that's pretty poor judgement. How can he remain captain now?

He's already there emotionally and mentally, pretty clear from that video.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Should’ve taken a note out of Ford’s book. Complete professional.
Last edited by Leicestertinytiger on Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

sapajo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:19 pm Lennie Newman stirring the pot on twitter today:-

Not everyone is convinced about
@LeicesterTigers
bright future then? That’s now the 2nd international player quoting the “homesick” line. SBs first challenge maybe, retention rather than recruitment? Thoughts
@EgertonSport
?
Lennie Newman owns the gift shop down the road from me....not sure he's at the cutting edge of all things Leicester Tigers. We regularly have a bit of banter when I'm in there. He really hates Tigers so I'd take this with a pinch of salt.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Postiger2 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:57 pm
sapajo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:19 pm Lennie Newman stirring the pot on twitter today:-

@LeicesterTigers
bright future then? That’s now the 2nd international player quoting the “homesick” line. SBs first challenge maybe, retention rather than recruitment? Thoughts
@EgertonSport
?
Lennie Newman owns the gift shop down the road from me....not sure he's at the cutting edge of all things Leicester Tigers. We regularly have a bit of banter when I'm in there. He really hates Tigers so I'd take this with a pinch of salt.
Agreed I used to go in there to wind him up.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

sapajo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:00 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:57 pm

@LeicesterTigers
@EgertonSport
?
Agreed I used to go in there to wind him up.
I made a special effort to pop in the morning after our game at FG earlier this season :smt001 Pleased to hear it's not just me giving him stick!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Is it normal to do a photoshoot 6 months before you make the move? I'll trust SB to make his mind up on that one and do what he thinks is best for the team.

Interesting they say he took a pay cut to go there, but perhaps Leicester were offering him reduced terms too.

I did think Genge was very odd in a pre match interview a couple of months back - can't remember which match but he only gave one word answers and couldn't have been more rude to the presenter unless he'd told him to F off.

The "moving home" narrative seems ridiculous for me, with both Ford and Genge aspiring to be the best in the world, but everyone's different and maybe it just is what it is.

We move on.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The Genge video was a slam dunk before the Tigers announcement and yet folks were saying how good it was the he let the club know early 🤔