Covid passports to be required?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Covid passports to be required?

Post by loretta »

According to Boris. Still, no-ones going to argue with that surely?

Light blue touch paper…..
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Covid passports to be required?

Post by Scott1 »

It's OK, I was smart enough to cancel my ST 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Negative Lateral Flow tests are also acceptable.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:17 pm Negative Lateral Flow tests are also acceptable.
Supervised?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

You would hope that each person would take personal responsibilty irrespective of what others do.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

If Tigers want more than 4000 in, then yes. Mind you, maybe they can serve cheese and wine, and give us a business agenda. We should be exempt then 😉
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:07 pm You would hope that each person would take personal responsibilty irrespective of what others do.
Hope is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Genuine question - not a misplaced vac/anti vac statement.

Are Pro Rugby Clubs/RFU/PR as poor at C19 vacination and risk management as Premier Football appears to be?

Just announced that Tottenham Hotspurs euro match postponed due to 13 Spurs positives. That's both players and backroom

Players and physical effects on performance questionable; as for backroom staff they have no excuse/mitigation.
Another example of a rule for one but not another?

Get all players jabbed, if no medical reason against then RFU to freeze players registration to minimise spread in clubs and club income.

Get all players covered then get rid of red zone rule and benefit from genuine full house. We've all got to live with and self manage our public health.

And before anyone raises issue, as this forum demands I'm old, wrinkley, immune- vunerable, double jab and booster + flu. We don't live risk free lives but all we can do is our bit 'So far as is practicable '
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:11 pm

And before anyone raises issue, as this forum demands I'm old, wrinkley, immune- vunerable, double jab and booster + flu. We don't live risk free lives but all we can do is our bit 'So far as is practicable '
I'm in the same old person's club as you with COPD. Had planned to come last Sunday (booked and paid for hotel -non refundable) but didn't because of new variant. I really want to return but I would like to know people really are "trying to do their bit".
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:16 pm
Nofrontteeth wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:11 pm

I'm in the same old person's club as you with COPD. Had planned to come last Sunday (booked and paid for hotel -non refundable) but didn't because of new variant. I really want to return but I would like to know people really are "trying to do their bit".
Sorry to hear you’re having to stay away, but understand why - it’s infuriating that so many regulars are effectively being discouraged from attending because others decide not to follow some very simple protective measures.

I’m delighted that passes will now be required at WR, and I’d also like to see Tigers being more assertive in encouraging responsible behaviour. I have actually been attending matches, but I do feel conflicted- and I certainly won’t be going anywhere near a bar (and so spending nothing above and beyond my season ticket) until I see more people complying with the ‘request’ to wear a face covering when moving around in crowded spaces. I’m astonished at the apparent unwillingness of 99% of spectators to do this…especially the large proportion of WR attendees who appear based on age and/or BMI to be in a fairly high risk category.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Totally agree and share the disbelief that so many of the Welford faithful don't wear face masks when moving around and that the club don't seem to care. Where is the signage at entrances and in circulation areas asking for masks to be worn by all.

Much of this lack of 'compliance' is the result of the antics and attitude of the idiot at #10 who is charged with setting the example of correct behaviour. It is therefore not a surprise that others chose to follow. Yes, we are all fed up with covid 19 and the restrictions it brings but the alternative is a great deal worse. :smt009

Hopefully the club will get its act together and coming to MWWR will be a much safer experience than at present.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

As I and, IIRC Big Dai (amongst others), can attest, being doubly vaccinated doesn't eliminate the possibility of catching Covid or transmitting it. And if you have to go into the big wide world, there will always be that chance of catching it either from airborne stuff or from touching a surface that has been contaminated. Vaccination reduces the severity of the symptoms and, according to a number of studies, how much you can then spread it. So it is possible that the Premier League (and URC) teams where Covid has been contracted could have been vaccinated. Not saying they have or haven't, just that they might have been.

Masks help reduce the spread by reducing transmission from infected people. This is mostly of immediate benefit to everybody other than the mask wearer with very little, if any to the mask wearer, which is seized upon by certain people to justify not wearing a mask (having little care about others). However, by reducing the spread of tbe virus, mask wearers reduce the chances of coming into contact with someone who has it. Also, all these viruses (Covid, flu etc) can produce variants when they reproduce. Many of the variants have no impact on their symptoms or transmissibilty, but some do. The fewer cases, the fewer chances of 'significant' variants, such as Delta and Omicron.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Common Sense to be required, in which case we've got no chance......
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I’m all for the showing of Covid passports to get in .. as it happens I just sat waiting my 15mins post booster right now.
Having said that I came to Tigers on 5th November (double jabbed) having tested negative on lateral flow that morning! 2 days later I tested positive…
Apparently others around me on the terrace tested positive also .. I assume I gave it to them .. still we’re all fine so it shows the vaccine did the job of protection from hospitalisation that it’s supposed to
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

And this is my dilemma. Maskless people are more efficient transmitters and whilst I have had 3 jabs and therefore my symptoms may be milder it still may be enough to cause serious harm if, like me, you start from a weak place.
Still, I'll keep paying for my season ticket and shouting at the TV, then, one day, ... I shall go to the ball
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina