LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Lord of the Mauls

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Lord of the Mauls

Post by Postiger2 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:51 pm Joel Kpoku has left Sarries. Would be a great signing and think he was Martin’s partner in the second row for England U20.
That leaves them very light on locks. Maybe they're making space for the return of a former employee. One I hoped we might be on for.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Postiger2 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:27 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:51 pm Joel Kpoku has left Sarries. Would be a great signing and think he was Martin’s partner in the second row for England U20.
That leaves them very light on locks. Maybe they're making space for the return of a former employee. One I hoped we might be on for.
Odd one for Kpoku - he’d apparently almost signed for Saints then Sarries persuaded him to stay. Going Lyon but can’t see him staying outside of the premiership for long.

Seems to have Kruis in the background back to Sarries all day long this unfortunately.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:32 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:27 pm
Odd one for Kpoku - he’d apparently almost signed for Saints then Sarries persuaded him to stay. Going Lyon but can’t see him staying outside of the premiership for long.

Seems to have Kruis in the background back to Sarries all day long this unfortunately.
And therefore lowoski to tigers… Might have my tigers tinted glasses on here but I think Chessum could be just as good as if not better than Kruis in a couple of years.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think people on here are massively overrating Kpoku.

He’s behind
Itoje
Isiekwe
Swinson
Hunter hill

And on par with Boon
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I may have misheard as I was up a ladder in the garage at the time, but did I hear Nick Mullins say on the England comms that we were in talks with Pollard?
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:10 pm I may have misheard as I was up a ladder in the garage at the time, but did I hear Nick Mullins say on the England comms that we were in talks with Pollard?
He said the two clubs are talking. Interesting
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Got to say with the new EQP rules and stuff being discussed it is certainly useful to have got both Kelly and Dolly, who were eligible to play for multiple countries capped now is a good thing for us going forward, both may have found the lure of another T1 nation hard to turn down
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:11 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:10 pm I may have misheard as I was up a ladder in the garage at the time, but did I hear Nick Mullins say on the England comms that we were in talks with Pollard?
Nah. Losowski.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:34 am
Postiger2 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:11 pm
Nah. Losowski.
Either him or Simmonds would be my preference but in Borthwick we trust
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Did anyone else get a notification from the app and assume it was a new signing given it isn't a match day? Then see it was just about the shop...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Jan McGinity confirming that Tigers gave Freddie a long term deal. Hopefully it was a 5 year deal during the covid time would mean next contract renewal the cap would've gone back up.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Rugby Paper on Pollard

LEICESTER Tigers are locked in a battle to sign Springbok fly-half Handre Pollard after England star George Ford announced he was leaving for Sale Sharks next summer.

The Tigers could struggle to tempt Pollard, 27, to swap Montpellier, where he has played since 2019, for Leicester when his £700,000 a year contract expires at the end of the season.

Blindside understands that Bath are again keen on signing him and have put together a lucrative package, but a club in Japan’s Top League have tabled an offer worth seven figures.

Pollard, who had a spell in Japan with Osaka-based Red Hurricanes, will be weighing up his options, including a return to South Africa, where the Sharks are keen.

The lack of money in the South African game almost certainly rules that out, with Japan being his most likely destination.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Anything Fissler prints on that paper is usually rubbish now any genuine pieces on info he will just post on twitter as fast as he gets them to stop other people getting the jump.

Case in point last weekend "Tigers are confident that they can keep Ford" when Tigers have been massively tight-lipped the past year
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

"locked in a battle" haha how dramatic is that? :smt005
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Can't see him coming, but Pollard would be my choice. Similar style to fellow S A and ex Tiger, Joel Stranski.