Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: George Fords Departure - Why ?

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Crofty wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:33 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:20 pm
LtPigeon wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:12 pm https://www.rugbypass.com/news/how-sale ... sanderson/

An interesting explanation behind his decision.
Perhaps the renovation of his girlfriend's Italian Restaurant may have something to do with it?
And on that point it’s interesting that the ex-Saracens coach says:

‘ George has got a coffee shop in Saddleworth next door to his girlfriend’s Italian which they are renovating.
“We are going to help them with that …..’.

Co-investment anybody?!! :smt003
Some unwanted attention from the SCM coming to Sale soon then...
"Haters gonna hate"........ :smt002 :smt002 :smt005 Oh, to avoid confusion, that's reference to Sanderaon's comment just prior to the Sarries' house of cards folding in
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

It’s clearly not a rugby or financial decision…..he could get more money elsewhere (Tigers for example :smt003 ), he’s currently part of a team going places and one which is the best supported in the country. If it was anything to do with his father / bitterness then he’s cutting his nose off to spite his face. And I personally don’t think there’s anything sinister about this at all. He was clearly thinking about where he wants to be for the next three years and the North West is where it is at for him. AJ heading to Bristol gave him the opportunity he was looking for.

Good luck to him. Home is where the heart is. It’s life. It’s professional sport.
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Sale's average attendance for the last few years has been about 6500. At least we can discount the possibility that George is leaving for a bigger and better crowd! I do feel relieved as I was beginning to take it as a personal slight that he is upping sticks.. He's going to find it mighty quiet up there!
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

LtPigeon wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:12 pm https://www.rugbypass.com/news/how-sale ... sanderson/

An interesting explanation behind his decision.
Perhaps the renovation of his girlfriend's Italian Restaurant may have something to do with it?
if I was George (and come to that Sale's CFO) I'd be well hacked off at Sanderson talking freely about George's private reasons for moving, his salary, the help they are giving him with the restaurant (:censored:!), his mental health. All of this should be kept behind closed doors, surely!?
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Good luck George. I wish you a heartfelt best wishes at Sale, who are a good team (though not as good as Tigers😝). You’ve been pure class while at Tigers, even in the darker days, and you not being in the England squad due to “undroppable Farrell” is verging on the criminal with your current form. A little surprised why you’d leave a team in the ascendancy but it’s your career, your family and your choice. In the meantime I am sure you can help Tigers to greater things this season before you leave.

But we move on. Freddie is the man and Hegarty has shown he’s not too bad either. Hope Dan Lancaster is a chip off the old block!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Sanderson is making me review my thoughts on Steve Diamond. No doubt BT will be dribbling all over this like the pathetic fanboys they are.

It would be priceless if it became a case of loose lips sink ships...although Sale could genuinely be investing in the business & get a cut of any profits etc.....

Maybe we hadn't got rid of all the blabbermouths out of the squad after all? This has been a grubby little affair, the Northern faction especially don't come out of this very well.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:10 pm Sanderson is making me review my thoughts on Steve Diamond. No doubt BT will be dribbling all over this like the pathetic fanboys they are.

It would be priceless if it became a case of loose lips sink ships...although Sale could genuinely be investing in the business & get a cut of any profits etc.....

Maybe we hadn't got rid of all the blabbermouths out of the squad after all? This has been a grubby little affair, the Northern faction especially don't come out of this very well.
I don't think it will be like under Murphy and Co,if someone has opened their trap I have a feeling Borths will deal with them severely!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
manxleigh

Post by manxleigh »

Well i'm going to say it - this 100% p&sses me off.

He left to go to Bath (hardly nearer home) and we take him back after things don't work out ie Daddy gets booted. Now Daddy has been booted again, he up and leaves. Is there any PL club which has more ambition that LT at the moment?

Im not sure what he blames his England downfall on, but I suspect he thinks it is down to LT last 2/3 seasons and Sanderson has said he will get him back in EJ's good books. I felt the same about Manu leaving. LT showed immense support for him and his injuries and the moment things got tricky and/or he was flattered he bailed.

I really hope I am wrong and it is down to his girlfriend, future life etc. Might be good for him to come out and actually say why he is leaving, then angry and misguided people like me wont needlessly theorise.

That said, in SB I trust 100%. There will be a plan. I don't believe it will be to merely utilise what we have, as they aren't world class. Maybe it is why FB returned somewhat unexpectedly and the writing was already on the wall.
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I don’t for a second believe that AJ McGinty just happened to leave, then George just happened to realise that there was a vacancy near his home town, then he suddenly had a brief chat with Sanderson, then within a week it was done.
Suspect it was all the other way round, over a much longer time period
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

northerntiger wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:19 pm I don’t for a second believe that AJ McGinty just happened to leave, then George just happened to realise that there was a vacancy near his home town, then he suddenly had a brief chat with Sanderson, then within a week it was done.
Suspect it was all the other way round, over a much longer time period
Sanderson has already said they have spoken to him 3 times in the last 5 years
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

I'm sure the timing of this by Sale is at least in part to try and destabilise what has been a very good season so far for us. Always handy if you can create some unrest at a rival club.

It's a huge shame. I guess how big a blow this is depends on who the replacement is. I have total faith in Borthwick to get us through this.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Postiger2 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:31 pm I'm sure the timing of this by Sale is at least in part to try and destabilise what has been a very good season so far for us. Always handy if you can create some unrest at a rival club.
Wow! Those conspiracy theories are coming in thick and fast now!
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

MCC1964 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:51 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:31 pm I'm sure the timing of this by Sale is at least in part to try and destabilise what has been a very good season so far for us. Always handy if you can create some unrest at a rival club.
Wow! Those conspiracy theories are coming in thick and fast now!
Hardly a conspiracy. It's gamesmanship imho. Sanderson all but announced it before it had been confirmed- is that not destabilising? Why would he do it otherwise if he already knew the player was coming?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I'm actually very hacked off at this.....

Especially as it's the loquacious idiot Sanderson who's made the deal.

As I've said before I just hope his head is still in our campaign and not with his new employers. I remember Stimmo's head leaving for Perpignan long before the body caught up with it.

Berate me all you wish, I remain "Disgusted of South Wales".

Poor form, George, poor form!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Big Dai wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:54 pm I'm actually very hacked off at this.....

Especially as it's the loquacious idiot Sanderson who's made the deal.

As I've said before I just hope his head is still in our campaign and not with his new employers. I remember Stimmo's head leaving for Perpignan long before the body caught up with it.

Berate me all you wish, I remain "Disgusted of South Wales".

Poor form, George, poor form!
Loquacious, word of the day! 👍